PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo rubbishes new DS claims

Shrygue
April 14th, 2008, 18:57
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=132001)

Nintendo has told Eurogamer that claims a new DS model will be unveiled at E3 this year are "purely rumour and speculation".

Word spread after Enterbrain boss Hirokazu Hamamura said he thought there was a "possibility" of Nintendo producing a fresh iteration of the handheld at the event. Enterbrain publishes Famitsu magazine.

And the evidence stops there.

The Nintendo DS originally appeared here in March 2005, before the much prettier DS Lite was released in June 2006.

The handheld has gone on to sell over 65 million units around the world.

da_head
April 14th, 2008, 19:00
hmm i'm sorta happy and saddened by this news.. o well, it was fun speculating. ^^

paul3100
April 14th, 2008, 19:09
I wish it were true, always nice to have a new gadget !

paul

wiggy fuzz
April 14th, 2008, 20:55
oh well... thanks to ninty for sending my hopes crashing down on me :confused:

now, if a new ds does get released i will never forgive them

catapult37
April 15th, 2008, 00:05
You guys. This is not a denial in the least. Saying "this is rumor and speculation" is just a statement of fact, and it will be until Nintendo announces something. This is about as good as when PR people say "we have not made any announcements about [rumor X]." It means nothing at all. He didn't say it's *baseless* rumor and speculation. He didn't say "Nintendo is not developing another DS model." He didn't deny a thing. I'd take this more as hints toward a confirmation than anything!

wiggy fuzz
April 15th, 2008, 08:49
i still won't forgive them

cutterjohn
April 15th, 2008, 16:26
They'd never admit to it if there were a new revision anyways. It possibly kill current DS Lite sales, and they NEED to clear out the DS lite inventory.

Alot of companies you can tell when a new model is coming out as it the model being replaced tends to start becoming, although with the DS Lite it is difficult to tell because they sell so quickly that supply has always seemed low, like with the Wiis. (Apple is a good one for that method, also they sometimes reduce prices of models about to be replaced about a month or so before the replacement model comes out... I used to make use of this quite a bit, especially if I expected the replacement model to be not much better than the current one.)

pas
April 15th, 2008, 19:15
Remember when SE denied the making of a KH psp ? Some days later they annouced it for PSP DS and MObile... lol, let's hope the best.