PDA

View Full Version : Proof of the AloneTrio arresting

Daishi001
September 10th, 2005, 08:27
Sony PSP begins to show its true colours

More than just your average bear

By Tamlin Magee: Friday 9 September 2005, 13:19
SONY'S PSP HAS been widely hyped by the gaming media, but behind all the slick advertising and flashy graphics, there's a very diverse machine and already a strong homebrew userbase.

There's a lot more to the PSP than Lumines - first up, we have the unofficial Snes9x emulator for the PSP. Exciting news for fans of almost-but-not-quite-retro gaming, who can stick their favourite games (in rom format, of course) onto their PSPs. With the help of a memory stick and maxconsole.net's handy newbie guides, you can be playing your old SNES favourites on the move. Another guide definitely worthy of note is this one, which will tell you all you need to know about playing UMD based games off of your memory stick.

Maxconsole.net has a brief interview with 31 year old "AloneTrio," a member of WAB - creator of the PSP file launcher - here, which may interest those into PSP development. Something else that is sure to interest PSP boffs is the original catalyst for the PSP development, this ISO loader, which can be thanked (or blamed, depending on your opinion on PSP dev) for starting the frenzy. After this interview AloneTrio was betrayed by the interviewer. Sony incriminated AloneTrio as a illegally hacker of a trademarked system. AloneTrio was arrested by the police and we hope that he get his fairly penalty.

Source: www.chipzilla.net

infer0s
September 10th, 2005, 18:11
Penalty?!The guy wasnt doing anything illegal,the emulators clearly mention that you must have the original games to play them and the iso loader is for use with the umds you already have so you wont have to wait for loading too long and for extended battery life...If the user plays games he downloaded and he doesn't own it's his fault not the one's who makes the program,.
It's like thekitchen's knifes they make them for slicing food but if you slice a man with it it's your fault not the company's that made the knife.
If the police want to fight crime they should first arrest all the real criminals that destroy hundreds of peoples lifes like the drug dealers,the smuglers,the killers and the big companies that avoid taxes and not a computer guy whos just made a program for playing videogames for children
i wish the world was so safe that the only criminals we should worry about were hackers and internet user who download mp3 and movies...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10201&page=3&pp=10

pepegomez
September 10th, 2005, 18:23
damn lets go punish the interviewer. sick asshole

Cap'n 1time
September 10th, 2005, 21:33
First off, AloneTrio and the Wab team arnt exactly concidered gods around here. That isnt to say that we arnt excited about yoshirio's upcoming downgrader, or some of the other tools they have provided us with (the version changer and the skin swapper).. But most of us at dcemu have no respect for their ISO loading tools and other warezy crap.

Wab, and especially AloneTrio seems to have little to do with the emulation scene on psp, why this article even mentioned the SNES emulator I have no idea.

Anyways, while I have little respect for the guy I do not see anything illegal about what he has done. Sadly its pretty likely hes going to have to go through some kind of punishment (sony + money + idiot court = bad for console modifiers).

pepegomez
September 10th, 2005, 22:19
the point is that its not fair to get punished for misstakes sony did. if they dont like getting their psp hacked. the may make a save "anti hacker wall".

i didnt even know about this iso loader whatsoeverthing. and its not fair that the maker of this program get punished instead of those noobs who aint buy even one game but uses this iso loader.

ataribob
September 10th, 2005, 22:44
You can play the old games no problem.

Hacking games that are still in the store will get you burned real quick.

nonzero
September 10th, 2005, 23:01
After this interview AloneTrio was betrayed by the interviewer. Sony incriminated AloneTrio as a illegally hacker of a trademarked system. AloneTrio was arrested by the police and we hope that he get his fairly penalty.

Hmm...This part right here doesn't appear in the article (direct link) (http://www.chipzilla.net/?article=24648) so was this your own commentary formatted into the quote or did the author change his mind?

DDRLord
September 11th, 2005, 01:12
Hmm...This part right here doesn't appear in the article (direct link) (http://www.chipzilla.net/?article=24648) so was this your own commentary formatted into the quote or did the author change his mind?
Just look at it myself, and I wondered...
Since when does the Inquirer (a reliable news source) have such atrocious English? (Which is worse still because that little grammatical problem doesn't actually, y'know, exist in the real article.)
I think someone just missed April Fools Day by a few months.

Daishi001
September 11th, 2005, 08:48
Hmmm thats somehow crazy....
Maybe because its the press.
And Alonetrio said on WAB that it wasnt PSP releated so they maybe changed it :confused:

Cap'n 1time
September 11th, 2005, 09:55
WARNING! READ THE ENTIRE THING BEFORE YOU START BITCHING!

this ISO loader, which can be thanked (or blamed, depending on your opinion on PSP dev) for starting the frenzy.

now this was the most retarded thing of all. this stupid ****ing ISO warez peice of trash DID NOTHING to trigger the dev scene for the psp. Hello World did.. and as far as i know Wab and the rest of their ass buddy crew had nothing to do with it. This retarded article made no mention of the real heros of the PSP scene, yet they were willing to mention some lame coder with no morals and his iso loader...

sorry, you idiots usuall argument of "code your own" isnt going to work this time. this site is all about homebrew, legit modding, and legal emulation and nothing more. Thats why wraggster and the other news posters never even think of mentioning his peice of shit loader.

Now i know he worked hard to develop this and i can respect that much... but I think it was a waste.. this guy made some cool demos that could have turned into masterpeices for the dev scene, same for yoshiro.. but they wasted their time on somthing that would only be used by the "gimme" idiots of some other sites whom of which will not be mentioned (psst... **********). I changed my mind, stealing is stealing.. yes perhapes their is a practical use for making backups for umd's... but we all know thats deffinatly not what these developers intended it be used for. Hell yah he should be charged... sony is defending its own developers and I can respect that.

I am starting to see the light of why some of you (quzar) shitty things like this so wrong..

Now il just have to wait for the flood of idiots that sign up to try to insult me or even wab to come and try to explain themselves... but they cant. their is no excuse for stealing. Put yourselves in sony's position... what would you do?

If you get offended by any of this... the reason is you simply dont understand.. I didnt either right away, but i kept my mouth shut and listend... Do the same kids, youll learn somthing.

edit: LOL... wraggs.. your now censoring the words P5P |_|pdates?... well im all for that actually. mabey you should censor wab and their crew while yoru at it too eh?

Shiaoran
September 11th, 2005, 11:01
commercial ISOs and ROMs are illegal
emulators and homebrew aren't

ataribob
September 11th, 2005, 14:13
commercial ISOs and ROMs are illegal
emulators and homebrew aren't

Well Most emulators and Back-up systems are legal

On October 28, 2003, the Librarian of Congress, on the recommendation of the Register of Copyrights, announced the classes of works subject to the exemption from the prohibition against circumvention of technological measures that control access to copyrighted works. The four classes of works exempted are:

(3) Computer programs and video games distributed in formats that have become obsolete and which require the original media or hardware as a condition of access. A format shall be considered obsolete if the machine or system necessary to render perceptible a work stored in that format is no longer manufactured or is no longer reasonably available in the commercial marketplace.

Definitions. (1) “Internet locations” are defined to include domains, uniform resource locators (URLs), numeric IP addresses or any combination thereof.
(2) “Obsolete” shall mean “no longer manufactured or reasonably available in the commercial marketplace.”
(3) “Specialized format,” “digital text” and “authorized entities” shall have the same meaning as in 17 U.S.C. §121.

Cap'n 1time
September 11th, 2005, 15:21
Well Most emulators and Back-up systems are legal

On October 28, 2003, the Librarian of Congress, on the recommendation of the Register of Copyrights, announced the classes of works subject to the exemption from the prohibition against circumvention of technological measures that control access to copyrighted works. The four classes of works exempted are:

(3) Computer programs and video games distributed in formats that have become obsolete and which require the original media or hardware as a condition of access. A format shall be considered obsolete if the machine or system necessary to render perceptible a work stored in that format is no longer manufactured or is no longer reasonably available in the commercial marketplace.

Definitions. (1) “Internet locations” are defined to include domains, uniform resource locators (URLs), numeric IP addresses or any combination thereof.
(2) “Obsolete” shall mean “no longer manufactured or reasonably available in the commercial marketplace.”
(3) “Specialized format,” “digital text” and “authorized entities” shall have the same meaning as in 17 U.S.C. §121.

And were all fine with that... but how many people exploit this and send crap across the internet... well more than have legit backups, I can tell you that much. :mad:

Shiaoran
September 12th, 2005, 00:51
see?
an atari emulator, for example, isn't illegal, it's not manufactured anymore!

i live in Brazil, and since Dreamcast no console had copyright here (PSX haven't got a (c) too), so i can sell cds with ps2 emulators as i want. i'm not doing that, for real :P

Kaiser
September 12th, 2005, 02:29
The worst part of this ordeal is that not only the Warez folk getting punished but in turn us honourable people will get blasted at the same time. We all know that copied games are illegal. Anyone who ever said that loaders are used to make loading faster with your own UMDs is full of shit. Saying that really pisses me off beyond reason.

I've said it before and I'll say it again This site is the only honourable one left. All others are more interested on how to cheat developers out of money and save a few bucks.

ataribob
September 12th, 2005, 02:53
I won't touch any ISO for the PSP.

I am happy with the emulators and the 4 Psp games I own.

Cap'n 1time
September 12th, 2005, 14:09
its hypocritical too sometimes if you think about it... alot of these people cant stand the idea of selling homebrewed free software... and yet they adore downloading for free comercial software... you know the people that make this stuff need to make money too.. if you like the game then go buy it, if you cant afford it then get a job. simple as that.

bobcobb
September 13th, 2005, 01:29
Dling ISOs is complete BS. If you can afford a 1 gb stick to put the game on, then you can afford to buy the game. Imbeciles.

Cross
September 15th, 2005, 17:51
I have 3 games, one movie and my EMU's I have no problem following the rules ^-^ I have never needed to look into the ISO loader...besides theres hardly many good games for the PSP as it is...

Oh and Bob Above me, great Pic of Bush and the Statue of Liberty, you hit the nail on the Head!