PDA

View Full Version : Setting up twilight hack

LoudMaximus
April 14th, 2008, 22:51
Sorry,if this is a stupid question I was just looking for some clarification but am I right in guessing that the twilight hack can work on an unmodded wii?and do i need to re-run it everytime i want to load up homebrew or do I just have to install the homebrew once?and finally,what are the chances of bricking the wii either during using it or in the future as a result of the twilight hack?

Nicko01
April 14th, 2008, 23:35
Yes, it can run on an unmodded wii.

Yes, you do have to re-run it unless you get the homebrew channel (the one with no limits). If you do get the homebrew channel, you just need to start it like any other wii channel and it will come up with a menu of all of your homebrew.

Currently, it is unknown what will happen over time with firmware updates, but as of right now there is no real risk. I do recommend checking back here or on other forums before updating your wii though, because nintendo might add something that will brick your wii.

LoudMaximus
April 14th, 2008, 23:45
ok,cool thanks a million for the reply.i might just wait awhile so before trying this,or does deleting all the files off the wii remove the risk anyway?

dlf
April 17th, 2008, 04:18
Not to hijack this thread, but should I make another topic for me? I apprently can't get the "SNES" working, and I wish too.

h2923j42n2
April 17th, 2008, 04:56
Not to hijack this thread but my disc says: RVL-RZDE-USE MODEL NO. RVL 006 (USA). Can I run the "hack" or not?

Should I also make another thread for this?

You are looking at the wrong side of the disc. You need to look on the inner-part on the other side to see what version of Twilight Princess you have.

dlf
April 17th, 2008, 05:09
I've seemed to have gotten to the "emulator" screen . . . but than everything just freezes.

h2923j42n2
April 17th, 2008, 05:21
I've seemed to have gotten to the "emulator" screen . . . but than everything just freezes.

Are you using a GameCube controller? The Wii remote is not yet supported for any emulators. Also, make sure you are using one of the following versions:

SNESGX frontsd 4 (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2147505248&d=1207134910) - Loads from the front SD, however, you will need a third party GameCube memory card in order to save. Official Nintendo cards can work, but usually don't.

SNESGX010fv5.zip (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2147505431&d=1208190217) - Loads from the front SD, and also supports saving to the front SD.