PDA

View Full Version : 3 Demos from Cybereality

wraggster
September 10th, 2005, 12:17
Cybereality.com have released 3 demos (or infact videos as demos) heres info on each of them:

double buffer demo for nintendo ds

There were some issues with running the video demos on different devices like the GBAMP, so I have compiled a simple demo to demonstrate decoding jpeg images using a double buffer. This demo was designed to use GBFS on a NeoFlash cart but it could easily be adapted to use other methods of file retrieval.

ruby tech demo for nintendo ds

I have updated the motion jpeg player I used for the Animatrix trailer with ATI's Ruby tech demo as a test. Most of the code has been optimized and now supports double buffering for a nice smooth playback rate. I have also tweaked the quality of both the audio and video for a richer experience

the animatrix trailer for nintendo ds

I Just got started with DS development and I wanted to experiment with video. I managed to compress a 5 minute trailer for the Animatrix to fit on a 16MB gameboy flash cart. This was just a quick hack, I plan on porting a proper codec like DiVX to the DS at some point. But as a proof of concept, it works well.

Download all at their site here --> http://www.cybereality.com/