PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox 360 broke...

Eviltaco64
April 16th, 2008, 00:54
Well, after bragging a few times on the forums about how I've been using the same 360 for 18 MONTHS!! (sarcasm), my 360 broke.
NOT in a way you would expect though.
Instead of having the red rings of death, I'm faced with another problem.
One day I turned on my 360, and to my suprise, all I could hear was the startup sound (with a grey screen).
And I had my friend try it on another TV with another pair of A/V cables. No luck.
So Im guessing that my 360 can't output video.

If there are any suggestions on how to fix this (without giving Microsoft $120 to fix it since its 4 months out of warranty), then please, post.

Cheers,
Eviltaco64

ExcruciationX
April 16th, 2008, 01:14
Erm, no I don't have any.

Did you have Xbox Live? I'll add you if you end up buying a new one.

Eviltaco64
April 16th, 2008, 01:16
Yeah, I had a few names actually.
Mikegarwood93, Mexicantaco3, Mexicantaco4 to name a few (the only reason i made more accounts was to get free monthly trials of Xbox Live Gold :p).

BrooksyX
April 16th, 2008, 04:08
That is the same problem as the red ring of light. Its basically a gpu failure. I know this sounds a little dishonest but i would wrap your xbox in a towel, pop in a game and just let it run for a few hours. It should eventually get the red ring of light and you will be able to send it in for free.

You could always try the xclamp fix also.

Eviltaco64
April 16th, 2008, 04:17
Hmm, I was thinking of giving it the red rings on purpose.

BrooksyX
April 16th, 2008, 04:22
You might as well try. Its not your fault that microsoft made millions of faulty products. Your gpu is probably not making good contact with the mobo. Which is basically the same problem as the red ring. Just give it a little push so it gets the the red ring. ;)

Xiofire
April 17th, 2008, 19:16
To force mine to red ring a while back after the GPU was fried, all i did was pull the power cable out of the power brick while its on. Think this sends a surge to the box, which causes it to red ring. Worked with mine, got a brand spanking new one back. Good Luck
-Xiofire