PDA

View Full Version : Gecko Region Free v1.2 beta - Region Free Gaming on Wii

wraggster
April 16th, 2008, 20:45
Nuke (http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255) has released a new beta of his amazing Region Free Game Loader for Wii ie play commercial games from other areas on your Wii :)

Heres whats new:

v1.2 beta.

Fixes problem PAL users are having with NTSC / JAP games by forcing the video mode registers to NTSC when launching. I only can test this on an NTSC system but i forced my console to PAL video mode to test and seemed to work ok.

beta testers keep me informed

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

Leesy
April 16th, 2008, 22:08
Anyone got this working yet? I'm trying but all I get when I attempt to load the bootloader is a load of lines reading:

returnval=c1000002 reply=00000000 000000000 000000000
Followed by an exception after a minute or so :(

ramonmolossi
April 17th, 2008, 02:08
First version dont work with the PAL version of PES 2008....

But now with the new version, its working ... but the image is Black & White, and it not seems to be the tv config.

gamer4250
April 17th, 2008, 06:15
How exactly does this work? Does it require voiding warranty with a modchip, creating a channel like the homebrew channel that risks bricking, or just running off something like the twilight hack?

KuLeD00d
April 17th, 2008, 06:36
Any joy with this version people? Or is just a early untested release?

____anders____
April 17th, 2008, 08:56
How exactly does this work? Does it require voiding warranty with a modchip, creating a channel like the homebrew channel that risks bricking, or just running off something like the twilight hack?

you can run this with the twilight hack, but from the homebrew channel would be the best though..

xxademasoulxx
April 17th, 2008, 13:52
can this program run back ups with out a mod chip

tehnoir
April 17th, 2008, 16:00
This allows you to play games from a different region than your Wii. Unless your Wii can already play backups (i.e. - it's chipped), you will not be able to play backups with just this tool.

h2923j42n2
April 17th, 2008, 19:15
I read over on TehSkeen that someone was able to bypass the Mario Kart Wii update by booting it through this. If this is true, then it could be a very useful program, not just for booting imports. Datel's Freeloader will obviously be blocked with IOS37. This is not, and can be more easily updated than something that is pressed on a disc.

A little side note, but Nuke, the creator, is apparently planning to release something for USB Gecko users today. Some users on the forum believe that it is cheat support.

misticknight
April 18th, 2008, 09:54
i dont know if this was said already or what, but when i tried the NTSC-U version of Brawl on my PAL Wii (Firmware 3.2E)using this software i get the msg "Please Insert Smash Bros. Brawl Disc". clearly it recognises i put in brawl but for some reason it doesn't get past that. still a pretty neat project i hope it only gets better.

souLLy
April 18th, 2008, 14:13
I love the screenshot feature, perhaps a future feature could be an autodump screenshots to SD card every 30 seconds feature or something similar for non gecko owners. Awesome release