PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's Battery (do I even need to open Battery?)

XDelusion
April 17th, 2008, 06:26
I picked up a used PSP slim. I was watching a tutorial on Youtube for setting up the Pandora's Battery hack, but could not get it to work.
I then looked around and another tutorial on Youtube said I needed to open up my battery first, then cut a cable from one of the chips in order for it to work.

Needless to say, I opened my battery casing, but cut one of the skinny silver power strips at the bottom of the battery as the tutorial did not mention that the cables were so close to the edge.
Well now I am lucky as I get to go blow more money on a freaking battery replacement!

What I would like to know before I try this crap again is...

...is this even needed, do I NEED to open and mod the battery first, or is there a way around this non-sense?

NoQuarter
April 17th, 2008, 06:36
nope, for the slim battery you need to open it.
unless you use a phat battery that has been pandora'd by an already homebrew capable psp.
I've modded several slim batteries,I like to use a dremel tool with a very small head to remove the offending connection.

XDelusion
April 17th, 2008, 06:41
Ok, so if my understanding is correct, I then need to open the batter (without cutting power cables this time), remove the one pin as shown in the tutorials.

Once that is done I can Format my Sony's Memory card, copy the needed software to it, down grade it to 1.5 (after backing up current firmware), then upgrade it to the latest hacked firmware and I am set to play homebrew?

NoQuarter
April 17th, 2008, 19:21
I recommend going to here:

http://www.dark-alex.org/

download the Despertar del Cementerio ver 5

all should be in the readme,you do not need to go to 1.5.With a pandora and Despertar you can just install custom firmware.

Might as well set up TimeMachine as well,especially considering that may be your only battery.If you need help just pm me.

To answer your question,yes once you do that you can do homebrew.

Sendaii
June 11th, 2008, 19:25
Elaborating on what NoQuarter said, as far as I know, there is no way to install 1.50 on a PSP slim anyway. You just mod your battery, install DDCv5 onto your mem stick and you can install CFW.

bah
June 12th, 2008, 11:26
This is an old thread that's been bumped, but to anyone new reading this:

DO NOT TRY TO DOWNGRADE A SLIM PSP TO 1.5!

You have a slim PSP, it will either not install or totally brick your PSP.

You must install a recent custom firmware (3.71 M33 onwards I beleive) directly via pandora using Despertar del Cementerio on a slim PSP.