PDA

View Full Version : XBOX HARD DRIVE

GRAP
October 8th, 2004, 06:35
mY CHIP XBOX IS MAKING A CLICKING NOISE AND IT WILL NOT BOOT UP,,,THE XBOX LOGO COMES UP,,,THEN IT SAYS MY XBOX NEEDS SERVICE.......IS IT DEAD OR CAN IT BE REPAIRED.......

LyonHrt
October 8th, 2004, 07:25
Well if you installed the chip yourself, see if you've messed up somewhere. Sometimes you can repair them (go over the solder points, check theres no solder splatter etc), but obviously if you can't do it yourself, and unless the person who did the chipping can repair it, you've got yourself a nice paperweight there (opening up your xbox invalidates your warranty).

So whats this to do with harddrives?!
Oh and please post xbox discussions in the xbox forum.

Alexvrb
October 8th, 2004, 16:35
So whats this to do with harddrives?!
Oh and please post xbox discussions in the xbox forum.The clicking sound. Click click click. HD RIP. That sort of thing.

Mental2k
October 11th, 2004, 13:01
and don't type in capitals, dont know much bout xbox HDDs, but it sounds like the read head is stuck in position.

GRAP
October 12th, 2004, 06:16
can u tell me how to unstick it???????

Eric
October 12th, 2004, 08:48
Its got be repaired you have to very careful with the XBOX mod systems. I just bought one probably about 2 weeks ago and got a softmod i heard getting it modded in anyway can cause problems. Well this is what has happened to my Xbox i went to the C drive by accident and moved files to the E: drive. It was stupid but by accident and i cause my system to defect so i returned it got a new one and its working fine but alot of people get your problem just join many of those forums for the correct answer as DCemu I find the best for Dreamcast stuff no offense but Xbox forum always has people on who can help. Another thing for the XBOX is that i tried the compilation disk with Amped 2 and Topspin dont work on my Xbox cause it has something to do with the menu cause of a bios correction or something like that. Anyways have fun with your Xbox cause your bound to have atleast one problem with a Modded or Softmodded system.

Eric

Alexvrb
October 13th, 2004, 22:53
There have been plenty of Xboxes modded with no problems. His HD has an internal, mechanical problem. HDs just break sometimes, although its possible he weren't very careful with it. But a proper mod install isn't going to do that. Further, there isn't much you can do about it, because you voided your warranty. HDs aren't DIY repairable even if you knew how to fix it, because opening them exposes them to all sorts of crap you don't want in them.

I suppose you could buy a new HD and replace it, since you modded your Xbox already, but I'm not familiar with that procedure or what you need from your current Xbox HD.

Rufus
October 13th, 2004, 23:29
Since your warrenty is already invalid and you presume that the HD is dead, then you could try giving it a good wack (from the long thin side) into the palm of your hand to see if that 'un-sticks' it.

Mental2k
October 18th, 2004, 15:21
Actually sayin you've modded modded it, im guessin you probably backed up the HDD, so why not get a standard pc one and whack it in the box?

Cap'n 1time
October 18th, 2004, 17:29
Actually sayin you've modded modded it, im guessin you probably backed up the HDD, so why not get a standard pc one and whack it in the box?

Thats a good suggestion.

I have never had a hopeless problem with any of my xbox mods (4, or 5 now). First see if you can boot with a game in the dvd-rom drive... sounds stupid but i have fixed hardrive errors through a MA/oo7 hack.

You could also do what was previously suggested and hook up your xbox hdd to your computer. Instructions for this are available at xbox-scene.com .

Can you tell us what you did before the errors began to show up? Dont feel stupid about it. It may be easier to understand what the problem is if you explained what happened.

What chip do you have? What version of the xbox? (If you dont know then about what time did you buy it?). What dashboard did you have? etc, etc, etc.