PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Television Show

Eviltaco64
April 19th, 2008, 01:57
'Tis a simple question.
What's your favorite (or one of favorite) TV show?

Eviltaco64
April 19th, 2008, 02:00
I would have to say the Simpsons (1990-Late 90s or whenever they ran out of ideas) would take the cup for me.

Some other shows I like:
Cheers
The Cosby Show
Futurama
King of the Hill
Fresh Prince
Seinfeld
And of course, Johnny Bravo :D

dejkirkby
April 19th, 2008, 02:24
The best TV program ever was The A-Team obviously.
I pity the fool who didn't love this show.
Recently, my personal fave is Everybody Hates Chris.

JKKDARK
April 19th, 2008, 02:33
Growing Pains

Napalm-Death
April 19th, 2008, 03:13
I haven't watched any episodes from the fourth season yet, but I love The Office.

bah
April 19th, 2008, 07:59
Currently my favourite show is Newstopia (http://programs.sbs.com.au/newstopia/).

It has been described as an aussie 'daily show' but I feel it's very different thanks to the host's unique style of comedy.

Each week's episode is on that site until the next one airs, I have a feeling it may only work for aussie residents though.

Napalm-Death
April 19th, 2008, 15:45
Yep, it only works for Aussie residents.

LilSwish722
April 19th, 2008, 17:33
I like

Family Guy
The Simpsons
Metalocalypse
Fresh Prince
Rugrats (Classic :-P)
Dragonball Z
CSI (The original because the other two suckkkkk)

And some others that I can't remember off the top of my head

Yobumtin
April 19th, 2008, 18:39
Southpaark.
Weeds
Trailer Park Boys
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

By the way, what happened to that DCEMU southpark episode. Did that thing get finished?

I agree with Metalocalypse. Swissgar is awesome whether his name's spelt right or not. I'm almost certain it is though.

JKKDARK
April 19th, 2008, 18:44
By the way, what happened to that DCEMU southpark episode. Did that thing get finished?
It was cancelled

Eviltaco64
April 19th, 2008, 22:14
I like

Family Guy
The Simpsons
Metalocalypse
Fresh Prince
Rugrats (Classic :-P)
Dragonball Z
CSI (The original because the other two suckkkkk)

And some others that I can't remember off the top of my head

How could I forget about Dragonball Z?
I followed that show for 5 years!

bah
April 20th, 2008, 02:51
How could I forget about Dragonball Z?
I followed that show for 5 years!

And the characters were still probably hovering in the same place as when you started watching, talking about how they are going to hurt each other........

:)

beetroot bertie
April 20th, 2008, 11:42
I don't have a particular favourite but I like (or liked in my childhood):

The Prisoner
Star Fleet
Transformers
Deadwood
Battlestar Galactica (the new one)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Eviltaco64
April 20th, 2008, 16:49
And the characters were still probably hovering in the same place as when you started watching, talking about how they are going to hurt each other........

:)

Well there was that ONE time when Goku was holding up his spirit bomb for a month saying COME ON GUYS RAISE YOUR ARMS!! And who could forget the time-killing Snake Way?

mike_jmg
April 21st, 2008, 06:13
I like

Non cartoon
Dr. House, Two and a half men, Law & Order, Mythbusters, Overhaullin, Scrubs, Seinfield, Jackass, Scarred, Next, Grey's anatomy, Dexter, Friends, Pimp my Ride

Anime
Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Quest, Magic Knight Rayearth, Tekaman Blade, Knights of the Zodiac, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist

Cartoons (a bit childish)
Pokemon (first 2 or 3 seasons, but got tired from the same things on every episode), Yu-Gi-Oh, Grim adventures of Billy & Mandy, Fairy Godparents (they're on every channel, so I sometimes watch them)

Other Cartoons
Simpsons, Southpark, Drawn Toguether, Futurama

What can I say, I do watch a lot of TV and Cartoons

bah
April 21st, 2008, 11:09
Eviltaco64: Was that some golden path through space?

That was on tv in the mornings back when I was in school (graduated in 2000).
I saw an ep, missed it for freaking ages, then saw another.
One guy was still running along that path, and another 2 were still hovering (over lava I think) talking about how they were going to fight.

Made me laugh.

Oh, I should add Sealab 2021 also. That show was fantastic until Harry Goz (voice of murphy) died. Red dawn was a particularly great episode.
So stupid yet funny and clever at the same time.

lmtlmt
April 21st, 2008, 11:31
newstopia sucks

If your going to show a good aussie show may i suggest, comedy inc, skithouse, the ronnie jons half hour, underbelly, thank god your here, good news week, the chasers war on everything etc etc far better than newstopia.

bah
April 22nd, 2008, 13:11
newstopia sucks

Just because you dont like/understand it's humour does not mean it sucks. If flaming was was not disapproved of I would love to be more direct.

So much of the humour is in the subtext. You need to have some understanding of the current major national/international political/social issues to get many of the jokes. The punchline is implied, not directly stated.

If your going to show a good aussie show may i suggest, comedy inc,
The seasons titled the 'late shift' were great. Almost black comedy, which I think can be attributed to the involvement of David McDonald (the son of Gary 'Norman Gunston' Mcdonald). The SBS series 'Life Support', which he also worked on, was truly brilliant.

skithouse, the ronnie jons half hour

I could never stand either of these, they seemed to be such juvenile humour with no deeper level whatsoever.
The most popular skit from the ronnie johns half hour was that chopper reid impersonation.
Chopper the film was so much better.

underbelly,

The best drama series I have seen in a long while.

thank god your here

I guess if you like theatre sport

good news week

I think it was a lot better about 10 years ago when it was new, on ABC, I was young and didnt mind how obviously scripted it is and Mikey Robbins was fat. :)

the chasers war on everything

The chaser guys are great, but their coverage of the 2 federal elections (the election chaser and the chaser decides) prior to Rudd being elected and CNNNN were far more witty than the 'war' IMO.

The guys from the chaser obviously have respect for Shaun Micallef, 2 of them were on the show last week being taken apart (roasted) by Shaun's 'mightier than thou' interviewer character.
It was the first time I had seen the chaser guys really 'comedic acting' rather than just pulling pranks since 'the chaser decides'.

etc etc far better than newstopia.

Obviously personal opinion, but I dont think I could disagree stronger (as evidenced by the above). :)

ninja9393
April 22nd, 2008, 14:03
Lost...
Heroes...

Man
April 22nd, 2008, 21:41
Non cartoons : Lost, heros ( i haven't seen the second season, but i really want to), CSI: new york/vegas, miami sucks, law and order, all of them, mythbusters wildboys and Viva la bam.

Cartoons: Spongebob square pants, fairly oddparents, johny bravo, scooby doo, animainiacs, pinky and the brain.

Eviltaco64
April 22nd, 2008, 22:11
Eviltaco64: Was that some golden path through space?

That was on tv in the mornings back when I was in school (graduated in 2000).
I saw an ep, missed it for freaking ages, then saw another.
One guy was still running along that path, and another 2 were still hovering (over lava I think) talking about how they were going to fight.

Made me laugh.

Oh, I should add Sealab 2021 also. That show was fantastic until Harry Goz (voice of murphy) died. Red dawn was a particularly great episode.
So stupid yet funny and clever at the same time.

Yeah, it was. It drug on for at least two months. THEN he fell off snake way and had to do it again.

And yeah there were so many time killers/fillers.

darkeclipse7243
April 23rd, 2008, 01:11
i watch bleach, naruto, one piece, dragon ball Z, and death note

what can i say
im an anime fan :D

Eviltaco64
April 23rd, 2008, 01:33
i watch bleach, naruto, one piece, dragon ball Z, and death note

what can i say
im an anime fan :D

Bleach - Excellent
Narutro - Good
One Piece - Great
Dragonball Z - Long-time favorite
Death Note - Ok

lmtlmt
April 26th, 2008, 09:53
Just because you dont like/understand it's humour does not mean it sucks. If flaming was was not disapproved of I would love to be more direct.

So much of the humour is in the subtext. You need to have some understanding of the current major national/international political/social issues to get many of the jokes. The punchline is implied, not directly stated.

The seasons titled the 'late shift' were great. Almost black comedy, which I think can be attributed to the involvement of David McDonald (the son of Gary 'Norman Gunston' Mcdonald). The SBS series 'Life Support', which he also worked on, was truly brilliant.

I could never stand either of these, they seemed to be such juvenile humour with no deeper level whatsoever.
The most popular skit from the ronnie johns half hour was that chopper reid impersonation.
Chopper the film was so much better.

The best drama series I have seen in a long while.

I guess if you like theatre sport

I think it was a lot better about 10 years ago when it was new, on ABC, I was young and didnt mind how obviously scripted it is and Mikey Robbins was fat. :)

The chaser guys are great, but their coverage of the 2 federal elections (the election chaser and the chaser decides) prior to Rudd being elected and CNNNN were far more witty than the 'war' IMO.

The guys from the chaser obviously have respect for Shaun Micallef, 2 of them were on the show last week being taken apart (roasted) by Shaun's 'mightier than thou' interviewer character.
It was the first time I had seen the chaser guys really 'comedic acting' rather than just pulling pranks since 'the chaser decides'.

Obviously personal opinion, but I dont think I could disagree stronger (as evidenced by the above). :)

I just think Shaun Micallef is a weirdo now, i liked him much better in full frontal
:p

bah
April 26th, 2008, 10:10
Fair enough, I liked his comedy back then, on the 3 seasons on the Micallef P(r)ogram(me), the short lived ch 9 Micallef Tonight and still do on newstopia. It's a blend of witty and bizarre humour and strange, almost slapstick delivery.
Works for me :)

His comedy company stuff was much more physical comedy based, still fantastic though (IMO). Eric Bana was great as ray martin etc in the comedy company. That plastic hair will forever be in my brain somewhere.

Clip from the Micallef Pogram:

xbtEKLe-HQw

Eviltaco64
June 13th, 2008, 02:09
bump

VampDude
June 14th, 2008, 08:10
Animé:

Bleach

Vampire Knight

Zombie Loan

TV Shows:

Comedy -
Reaper

Action-

SciFi -
Doctor Who

Horror -
Tales from the Crypt

Family Sitcom -
The Simpsons

Drama -
Smallville

Reality -
Ladette to Lady (because it's funny)

Food -
Taste

Childrens -
Goosebumps (I used to love it when it was on - though sadly never stayed true to the books)

History -
Too many to even begin listing, mostly I like stuff on how major world cities such as how Tokyo and London were built up to what they are today (very interesting).

Magic -
The Masked Magician

Paranormal -
Most Haunted

Dramedy -
Las Vegas

Hustle

Cyberpunk -
Dark Angel