PDA

View Full Version : Lameboy DS 0.11 released

JKKDARK
April 19th, 2008, 04:27
New version of the Game Boy and Game Boy Color emulator (http://lameboy.nutki.com/?p=22) for the Nintendo DS.

Information:

This release has very short change log and does not address many of the problems pointed out in last post comments. I have managed to fix annoying SGB multi player games input problem though. Apart from this the only difference to 0.10 is emulation speed. Both video render and CPU interpreter were heavily optimized. Sadly some games still won’t do 60fps.

Since majority of the code base was touched in process of optimization there can be some regression in compatibility.

Change log:

- changed: optimized software renderer
- changed: optimized cpu core
- fixed: multiplayer pad reading in SGB games (Battle Arena Toshinden and others)

Download and give feedback via comments

williew705
April 19th, 2008, 10:50
Still no Alone in the dark : (

This is still a great program though. I love it.

____anders____
April 19th, 2008, 19:09
yeah, really good emu!:)

cougar6442
May 3rd, 2008, 17:51
well, i am impressed that the sgb problem was fixed.

Xenepp
May 3rd, 2008, 21:03
Well pleased with this emu. Can't beat the classic games of Duck Tales and Double Dragon after a short sesh of Advance Wards :D

Cheers!

-Joel

Tiger21820
May 17th, 2008, 14:03
Can you add a gameshark?

gordillo
May 23rd, 2008, 18:11
umm how do I make it that it doesn't bug my memory card for my SCSD rumble, cause everytime i load a game it messes up all my files then I have to format My card again :confused:

johnsmithrock
May 24th, 2008, 18:44
this is f-in sweet

Zephyre_Syx
May 28th, 2008, 00:23
It's quite sexy.

I say that this bugger works rather well on a r4. I need to get batted a couple of times for confusing your dodaddy with another hinky'ma doodle, and was like "Oopsy screwdles." after I foo'dle with it.

Good job on it. I'm been love'n my Azure Dreams on mah ds ever since. =1

DanTheManMS
May 29th, 2008, 04:34
Good job on it. I'm been love'n my Azure Dreams on mah ds ever since. =1

A winner is you. Azure Dreams, excellent game. I've noticed however that it is MUCH more enjoyable in Lameboy than on actual hardware, mostly because the game is normally so slow-paced, while the L button in Lameboy makes it run at the perfect speed to get things done in a reasonable amount of time without being too hard to control.

Bowser N64
June 1st, 2008, 07:58
Dude, seriously, JKKDARK! Your game boy emulator is the best I have seen! I need one of these. Mostly to play Wario Land 3 on my DS Lite, with unbeatable bright screens! Talk about moving up from GBA SP! Your emulator does several thing that I like, such as allow you to select another game in the middle of a game you are already playing. I haven't had it crash at all, I don't think, unless my card comes out of my Games N Music. I got the .9 release awhile ago, a few mnths ago, and I was so pleased! Wonderful work! Keep it up! Are you going to add a nice little GUI to go with the emu?

P.S. Now I can actually play my old game boy games in stereo sound on my DS!

DanTheManMS
June 2nd, 2008, 07:05
JKKDARK did not write Lameboy. He merely reported on it being updated. Lameboy is written and updated by Nutki, so I suggest going to his homepage to ask your questions.

Bowser N64
June 2nd, 2008, 08:34
Oh. Well, thanks anyway! I appreciate you telling us about the update and posting it! .11 is worlds better than .9. It's actually got a menu in it now.

Maverick916
June 3rd, 2008, 06:54
this really is a great program, and it would look like this could eventually become a GBA emulator. any word on this in the future?

DanTheManMS
June 5th, 2008, 04:56
The GBC is an entirely different machine than the GBA. I highly doubt it will emulate the GBA in the foreseeable future.

Bowser N64
June 11th, 2008, 08:33
Dude it is so nice to be able to play Turok:Battle of Bionosaurs on my DS! I have searched high and low for a GBA emu for DS, and there is nothing yet it seems. Nobody seems to worry about it because the DS plays GBA games on cartridge out of the box anyway. But, cartridges take a lot of room. A GBA emu for DS would be Fantastic.

DanTheManMS
June 12th, 2008, 21:39
It would also be slow, glitchy, and incompatible with many games. Trust me, you're better off buying a slot-2 expansion pack like the EZ-V 3in1 than waiting for a software-based GBA emulator.

Bowser N64
June 23rd, 2008, 07:21
Haha. Thanks for letting me know.

JushinLiger
February 2nd, 2009, 16:09
Supercard lite is the way forward for GBA IMO. What I'd like to see is an Emulator with wireless link-up, I post this hear because we could bring Pokemon Gold/Silver back. What an awesome game that was.

DanTheManMS
February 5th, 2009, 15:28
Meh, the slot-2 Supercard products are known for having slow RAM, and thus will slow down with certain GBA files. It is true that if you want GBA, a dedicated slot-2 device is the answer, but there are better options than the Supercard out there. I have a Supercard miniSD myself, but I mostly use it for DS homebrew so the GBA slowdown doesn't bother me.