PDA

View Full Version : SNES9X 1.43 WiiMote Edition 0.1.1a - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
April 20th, 2008, 00:25
RobertFC has released an unnoficial version of the Snes Emulator for the Wii With Wiimote Support

Version 0.1.1a [20080419]
+[Robert] (www.friendcodes.com)
- Added wiimote support. Classic controller, multiple controllers, and remapping will come later.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

For users of Engadget theres been a ton of releases today for the Wii Homebrew Scene

Heres whats been released along with the posted item;

New Snes emu with Classic Controller Support
New Genesis /Sega CD Emu for Wii
New Master System /Game Gear Emu for Wii
New PC Engine Emu for Wii
Rin Gameboy Channel for Wii
Emuloader for Wii
Wii Paint

All at Wii News (DCEmu Wii Site) - http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/

supersoni88
April 20th, 2008, 00:31
FWHHHHHAAATTT??!?
awesome! cant wait for classic controler =D!!!!!
-goes to try it out-

____anders____
April 20th, 2008, 00:36
great!

h2923j42n2
April 20th, 2008, 00:38
Sounds awesome. Going to try it now.

____anders____
April 20th, 2008, 00:58
where does the saves go?

on the other one the saves go into SAVES dir in the root..

soo much better than playing with the GC controller..

EDIT: got the saves to load, they should go to snes9x/saves dir but when i'm about to save SRAM it says it can't mount the sd card, what do i do? tried reinsert the SDCard 100 times but it won't work..

what's the point of plaing seiken densetsu 3 when you can only load the game, not save it?:D hehe i want help with this..

the d-pad on the wiimote is ALOT better than the one on my GC controller..

misticknight
April 20th, 2008, 01:58
does this have save state support as well?

____anders____
April 20th, 2008, 02:17
yeah it does:)
but i haven't tested the savestates cus it can't mount my sd card:( help?

DimensionT
April 20th, 2008, 02:32
@Anders:
I think I had that problem before. Try changing it from SD to MCard in the SRAM menu... Then changing the thing below it to Front SD.

I'll double check to see if that makes sense.

____anders____
April 20th, 2008, 02:43
i'm gonna try it now..

EDIT: it works! thanks:)

misticknight
April 20th, 2008, 05:14
i had to delete it cause it was getting annoying to press 1 and 2 to boot up and to map the buttons each time, so far it's easier to use the GC controller. i'l wait for CC support, hopefully will be soon.

tehnoir
April 20th, 2008, 05:41
You have to map the buttons each time?
Yeah, I think I'll pass on this one for now. Nice progress though.

misticknight
April 20th, 2008, 05:48
wait i shoulda been more clear you dont have to do it you can play with the auto-settings, but with the wiimote having less buttons then the GC controller I cant play with the auto ones and be comfortable so i, personally, had to re-map them for certain games and found that annoying. you should try for yourself you may not mind plus you can still use the GC controller if you like, the main reason i got rid of it was the holding 1+2 everytime, it's only1 second difference but since i'm not using the Wiimote atm i found it easier to not use this version.

tehnoir
April 20th, 2008, 06:10
Naw, just looking at the files in the zip is enough to keep me away for now. He didn't include his source, even though the history file he ripped off from the official version says:
"Please, keep the source code when you make any changes, this is an open source
project."
*shrug* It's just my personal preference.

iofthestorm
April 20th, 2008, 07:40
For the love of all that is good, would someone please get all the unofficial SNES9X developers together to make one release with all their improvements? So annoying...

skedone
April 20th, 2008, 09:12
this is a valid point mate the getting them, together but im afraid that is how it goes give it a chance this is all still pretty new, when they get past the look what i can do faze things will start to come together

linkinworm
April 20th, 2008, 11:12
dam this will be handy when they have classics pad working, my gamecube pads wires are just too short, i almost pulled my wii off the shelf about 10 times.

Nunim
April 20th, 2008, 14:44
/me cries, I got all excited to download this and then I re-read it and said classic controller support coming soon :(

DarthPaul
April 20th, 2008, 15:45
Wii-mote support here I come!(not)

But nice addition. I was waiting for this.

pulproute
April 20th, 2008, 17:01
/me cries, I got all excited to download this and then I re-read it and said classic controller support coming soon :(

Go to the original thread, there is now a version that support classic controller ! Have fun !

x_water
April 20th, 2008, 23:36
how would i go about running this on my wii?
not quite sure how to run the thing, ive kinda been off the scene for the last bit, midterms and such.

i have 3.2u on my wii btw, with a cyclowiz3.6b

jorgedx
April 21st, 2008, 01:28
how can i cant get this to work?

chaos123
April 21st, 2008, 03:33
can someone make a tutorial please? I have no idea how to make it work :confused:

eleusis
April 21st, 2008, 03:47
can you map accelerometers to inputs?

buckeytucker
April 21st, 2008, 13:02
im sorry if this is a dumb question but what folder do i put the roms into?

Is it strait in the root or in a specific folder?

dunnace
April 21st, 2008, 17:19
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but where do you save the roms to load? I want to play SMRPG dammit!

dunnace
April 21st, 2008, 18:01
Sorry to double post, but I have the answer for people struggling to get ROMS to work.
1. Make a folder with the name of your emulator (e.g snesx9) on your SD card
2. Make a folder inside that folder called roms
3. Place your rom in there and change it's extension to '.rom'
4. Boot up the emulator and have blissful fun.

I'm playing SMRPG right now, never mad it to Europe or VC (yet) so I couldn't be happier.

GrizzlY_lbc
April 21st, 2008, 19:36
great news thanks i love it!

WiiGee
April 22nd, 2008, 00:08
how do i use this file, i just bought a wii. please help

RobertFC
April 22nd, 2008, 02:07
Source is now included in the zip file.

tehnoir
April 22nd, 2008, 02:18
Thanks, RobertFC.

rich_nerds
April 22nd, 2008, 14:49
I've got so many roms, I can't wait to give this a try.

metayoshi
April 22nd, 2008, 18:51
Wow... please put that you need to make a snes9x/roms and snes9x/saves in the readme file. It's a hassle to have to figure that out by searching on boards.

slavetolust
April 24th, 2008, 15:50
I setup my SD card how people suggested, but how do I get the emulator to boot? Do I need to chip my Wii? I have a stock system, is that enough?

sakko303
April 24th, 2008, 21:57
I would like to know the same thing thanks!

kingslime80
April 25th, 2008, 07:57
You don't need to Mod your Wii, just use the Twilight Hack.

Vampirla
April 26th, 2008, 17:41
Thank you very much for this homebrew!
P.S. if you have an old TV you have to set the wii on 50Hz display mode, otherwise games will be only displayed in black and white colors . I hope this helps.

psppsp
May 17th, 2008, 02:53
I'm puzzled

Annoying Problem 1. I have this running through homebrew launcher, loading games from the front SD slot, but in the rom browser it only shows the first 6 characters of the file name, so when I've got a ton of games with 'Super' in the title I have no idea which I'm selecting.

Annoying Problem 2. It reports rom corrupt on zipped roms and refuses to load, and doesn't allow any file names longer than 50 chars to be used. What is that all about? Why can't it show the full names with and have full zip support like FceUltra?

Or perhaps I'm using a different version of this emulator? I can't see how - It says wiimote 2.1 or something on the boot screen. Is there a version of this emu with zip support for .sfc roms and decent file names display? Cos other than these two annoying faults the emu is decent and I think it's a genius and better alternative to the rip-off virtual console.

can anyone with a brain and some experience shed some light on this please because I'm stumped?

kingslime80
May 17th, 2008, 04:25
It's a matter of priorities. I agree that having to rename you roms to put them on an SD card can be quit annoying, but I find playing with Zipped roms is pointless anyways. Just my opinion. I have a 1G card with multiple emulators and multiple roms for each and I still have space to spare.

Maybe they were simply responding to the overwhelming demand for Wiimote support. God knows why though. I don't like having to buy a new economy sized pack of batteries every 2 weeks and I have yet to find rechargeables that keep a long enough charge. You can't get really into a game in under an hour anyways.

psppsp
May 17th, 2008, 04:46
Hey, kingslime thanks for your comment.

It looks as though it's a general fault with any version of the emulator then - I wonder if there's anyway around the problem besides having to rename the roms?

I don't mind lack of zip support, it's just a minor niggle to me, I like to cram as much on the card as possible, that's all.

I do like the wiimote support, as long as you can use the classic controller with it, the NES is so much better to control with the wiimote than the GC controller, there's such a big difference in feel there. Someone pointed out earlier in this thread about having to hold down 1 & 2 to sync being annoying, I can see that getting a bit old myself. I agree on the rechargeables but you can get some decent ones that last a fair while, should last a lot longer than an hour too.

MARTINSTATIC
May 18th, 2008, 20:25
Hey, Im using it now, and both with this AND the FCE Ultra that uses Wiimote, I cant seem to load any roms, just errors reffering to directories that I have prefectly placed :(

whYeNQue
May 21st, 2008, 16:59
you put the directories at the root of the SD card... even if the .elf file is in another directory due to channel loader stuff.
make sure you spell the directories correctly too.

e.g. F:\Snes9x\Roms

there may be issues if it is not formatted in FAT (can't remember if there still is this problem)

chickenselects
May 27th, 2008, 02:29
Go to the original thread, there is now a version that support classic controller ! Have fun !

what orig thead? The OP has no updated version with classic. Are you referring to the release thats only in spanish?

KristenBaldousor
May 27th, 2008, 05:57
With the recently out homebrew channel, when trying to load the homebrew channel is stuck with a dark screen. Still, the previous version withouth the wiimote support works perfectly

crowsodown24
December 16th, 2008, 19:27
how do i insert the snes in to the wii

gary_abernethy2
November 14th, 2009, 18:00
do any of these SNES emulators support saving to the big gamecube memory cards or 2 gig sd cards?