PDA

View Full Version : RIN Wii Channel

wraggster
April 20th, 2008, 00:35
News/release from PaRaDoX (http://thezonazero.com/)

This Channel Installer uses Mirakichi's RIN Gameboy Color Emulator and installs a channel on the Wii Menu. Only the apploader from Team Twiizers is being used, and some small pieces of data I've used to build the banner. All other data, except the emulator, has been made by me, PaRaDoX

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

____anders____
April 20th, 2008, 00:38
why don't you make a useful channel instead of one channel for every homebrew there is?

make a channel of the MAG loader, and some more people will be happy..

h2923j42n2
April 20th, 2008, 00:53
why don't you make a useful channel instead of one channel for every homebrew there is?

make a channel of the MAG loader, and some more people will be happy..

It's all he knows how to do. If there were WAD Packers/etc. available to the public to make homebrew channels, by now, you would probably have tutorials on how to manually make this yourself.

evilsim
April 20th, 2008, 01:03
anders, you can do that already guy. install the homebrew channel, then rename your magloader elf file to boot.elf on the root of your SD. then when you load the homebrew channel it will load the magloader. read up before paying out on great homebrew developers.

h2923j42n2 im sure what he (paradox) knows is a hell of a lot more than u and I together. reading tut's is a good start.

enjoy this homebrew, understand it and be grateful that people make stuff like this for us. mainly just enjoy it :)

supersoni88
April 20th, 2008, 01:36
so is modchip required? cause i assume it is...

____anders____
April 20th, 2008, 01:56
anders, you can do that already guy. install the homebrew channel, then rename your magloader elf file to boot.elf on the root of your SD. then when you load the homebrew channel it will load the magloader. read up before paying out on great homebrew developers.

h2923j42n2 im sure what he (paradox) knows is a hell of a lot more than u and I together. reading tut's is a good start.

enjoy this homebrew, understand it and be grateful that people make stuff like this for us. mainly just enjoy it :)

eeh, i know dude that's what i've done all the time, but it would be more useful if he would make a MAG Loader channel than this anyway..

btw, you don't think i know how to rename files?
no way?! you can rename files now? damn the computers can do everything, even rename files!

hey, my computer can rename files by just pressing F2, can YOUR computer do that?

DPyro
April 20th, 2008, 02:08
It's an ISO, so ya...need a modchip :(

siggy2guitar
April 20th, 2008, 02:29
The update downloads really fast but sits at the very last portion am i suppose to turn my wii off?

____anders____
April 20th, 2008, 02:38
hmm.. i think i read about that in a thread somewhere on dcemu..
i think it worked for a guy when he pulled the plug..

try?:D hehe, but i think it will work..

misticknight
April 20th, 2008, 05:41
this may sound stupid but since this is the only channel thats posted on wiibrew.org does that mean it's safer to use than the other channels released and supported by the "original" hackers (team twiizers or whatever it is i'm not entirely sure about that.) cause if it is it'll be a huge help to just use the channel instead of loading via TP specially since theres no way to get back to the menu like the other emulators.

tehnoir
April 20th, 2008, 05:59
this may sound stupid but since this is the only channel thats posted on wiibrew.org does that mean it's safer to use than the other channels released and supported by the "original" hackers (team twiizers or whatever it is i'm not entirely sure about that.) cause if it is it'll be a huge help to just use the channel instead of loading via TP specially since theres no way to get back to the menu like the other emulators.

No. Actually, I'm pretty sure paradox added that page himself...though I may be wrong.

As far as only an ISO being released, I think it's because he doesn't know how to release the ELF.

____anders____
April 20th, 2008, 13:08
The update downloads really fast but sits at the very last portion am i suppose to turn my wii off?

what did you do?
did you pull the plug?
does it work?

computid
April 20th, 2008, 14:32
when i try to open the iso in ubuntu mint it says its not in iso 9660 format please help!

kingslime80
April 20th, 2008, 17:57
You're not supposed to open the ISO, you're just supposed to burn it blindly, never knowing what will be on the CD until your done. I think ColneCD should work for that.

Personally I plan to wait for the .elf since you need a Modded Wii to run the burnt DVD.

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 21st, 2008, 01:45
I can't make the MAG Channel because... I can't say xD
Well, it's going to come out, but not by me. The creators of MAG want to try and make the channel by them selfs.

My future releases, like the new SNES emulator with Classic Controller will be released tomorrow in WAD format, ready for installing with Zelda.

DimensionT
April 21st, 2008, 05:29
Sorry I'm late, Jay.

Blah blah blah don't know what could happen, blah if you install it blah... Blah blah possibly brick blah blah.

I'm not up for it anymore. People just flame me for giving a damn. It might happen, it might not... But if it does I'm gonna be laughing my ass off.

linkinworm
April 21st, 2008, 09:45
No. Actually, I'm pretty sure paradox added that page himself...though I may be wrong.

As far as only an ISO being released, I think it's because he doesn't know how to release the ELF.yea he added the page, but he copied all the content from the other rin page, almosrt all of it was edited by me, apart from the 1st bit about the emulator,

Rod_Hull
April 21st, 2008, 11:12
when i try to open the iso in ubuntu mint it says its not in iso 9660 format please help!

If you're looking for a way to open ISOs such as this, you could use "gmountiso" - available in the repositories via Synaptic...

Muzer
April 21st, 2008, 18:46
Um, what's the point in an ISO? Can't you just make an elf?

rememberthe8bit
April 22nd, 2008, 12:09

As far as only an ISO being released, I think it's because he doesn't know how to release the ELF.

My guess is it's a commercial ISO with much of the game data ripped out, and the firmware update replaced, then Trucha signed. So, an ELF version would not be possible with this method.

masterchief929
April 22nd, 2008, 12:22
modchips suck! people need to stop buying them before ninty gets really pissed! just use the twilight princess hack!

Muzer
April 22nd, 2008, 17:14
Could they release a wad file for use with the WAD installer (like the classic-support SNES9X Channel)? Which is its home forum?

drkztan
May 2nd, 2008, 08:08
nope no modchip required..not with the twilight princes hack and a homebrew loader..

Kramer
May 2nd, 2008, 17:30
So Installed it, now what where do I put roms? I open up the channel and nothing happens just a black screen... dodgy as.

PeyeRate420
May 2nd, 2008, 18:04
ok just read all three pages....

to the person above roms are found by browsing the SD so any folder will do make a folder called RIN in your root then OPEN the rin folder with the emulator's built in rom browser that lets you browse the SD for roms bro :P

HOW TO INSTALL ANY CHANNEL be it VC,APP,GAME,EMU

first of all the RIN HOMEBREW CHANNEL ELF is different because it installs from the actual elf file ;) others install from a wad so for a wad format channel you will want to grab version 3 of waninkoko's WAD INSTALLEER both dl's from here

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps

second...

make a folder called WAD in your sd cards root directory
sdroot:/wad/

place your .WAD file of... Virtual Console game (requires .bin for vc games dont bother asking about links ive told all i am gonna use google for the rest :P),Application,Emulator, ect

place (the wad you dl to install) within this WAD directory...

Place the .ELF of the WAD INSTALLER in your root as well...(can put your loader elf back afterwards)
Lastly
exicute the twilight hack and you will be promted a messege saying

PRESS RESET on your wii to begin installing the channel....after you press start a string of code will scroll and when it is done you will again be promted to hit the RESET button one last time....after you reset you should have a new channel on your wii :P

ALTERNITIVELEY if you use WHL (wii homebrew installer) you CAN make a folder for the WAD intaller ;) see vettacossx at youtube for vids ;)