PDA

View Full Version : No PS3 DVD

TomASS35
April 20th, 2008, 06:03
Hi, can anyone help a frustrated ps3 user? just received my 2nd ps3 console from sony on warranty(service was great, 3 days) & i am now having the same problem that i had last year. Plays games & bluray fine but if i try to play a dvd my hdmi connected tv screen turns blank on all dvds. Spoke with sony helpline & my new console is configured correctly. It was an easy fix problem but i cant for the life of me remember what i did. It was as simple as changing to a channel on my tv then back to hdmi. Any help or ideas would be gratefully appreciated!

MicroNut
April 20th, 2008, 12:41
PS3 is probably trying to send the video signal to the RGB input.
Hold the power button for 5 seconds on the next power up... it should beep twice.
The ps3 will reset the settings and detect the hdmi cable.

Napalm-Death
April 20th, 2008, 13:48
Hi, can anyone help a frustrated ps3 user? just received my 2nd ps3 console from sony on warranty(service was great, 3 days) & i am now having the same problem that i had last year. Plays games & bluray fine but if i try to play a dvd my hdmi connected tv screen turns blank on all dvds. Spoke with sony helpline & my new console is configured correctly. It was an easy fix problem but i cant for the life of me remember what i did. It was as simple as changing to a channel on my tv then back to hdmi. Any help or ideas would be gratefully appreciated!

Mess around with the DVD-output settings. The same thing used to happen to me too.