PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x Emu for Wii With Wiimote/CLassic Controller Support !

wraggster
April 20th, 2008, 19:40
Lopst has released a version of Snes9x the Snes emulator for Nintendo Wii with Classic Controller and WiiMote Support and also 2 player support.

Only downer is that its a Spanish version

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

icecoolwas
April 20th, 2008, 19:44
omfg cool! Thanks wraggy =]

Darn its spanish, Oh well i dont have anything agaisnt spanish apart from the fact i dont know it.. lols..

btw is this front sd?

CoinCollector
April 20th, 2008, 19:54
Classic controller support?!?! I HAVE to get this!!! I just tried RobertFC's version yesterday that had Wii Remote support, and I was really wishing it had Classic Controller support.

I don't know Spanish, but I'm learning it right now.

DarthPaul
April 20th, 2008, 20:05
Woo!! I hate Spanish stuff even though Spanish's my first language. So, yeah. Nice!

rbervoets
April 20th, 2008, 21:00
sweet, spanish but its a start :)

ENGLISH PLEASE!!! :'(

Keelhaul
April 20th, 2008, 21:20
One would expect someone who can code would know English... jeez

linkinworm
April 20th, 2008, 21:28
there was no sorce with this, someone else is either going to have to do it them selves, or the person that did this is going to have to change it to english, i was going to do it, but as i said no sorce, i dont know how to add wiimote support to wii homebrew i dont thing its out in the devkitpro yet

Akdul
April 20th, 2008, 21:30
Thanks :thumbup:. Sorry for you guys who cant understand spanish.

dudeofcube
April 20th, 2008, 23:44
Joygasm!
:)
The wii scene is on fire. :D

turtleman6431
April 21st, 2008, 01:04
I've got an important Eartbound Save file (Got 7 Sanctuary songs) that I'm still completing, and I can't risk saving over my current SRAM by accidentally choosing "Save SRAM" instead of "Load SRAM"

I'll wait for english, I'm cool with using me gamecube controller for now.

souLLy
April 21st, 2008, 01:28
another great step forward, I just tried Killer Instinct with this and it was awesome. it would be nice if start and select were properly mapped, the big L&R buttons were the used for shoulder buttons and the menu was english but for now it's great. Love it.

____anders____
April 21st, 2008, 01:52
i'm gonna use the other one with wiimote support, anything different between those? except the classic controller and the 2-player mode?

TheFoil
April 21st, 2008, 03:50
One would expect someone who can code would know English... jeez

Wow, that's quite the most ignorant thing I've ever read.

turtleman6431
April 21st, 2008, 04:26
I'm almost certain he was trying to make a funny. Which I thought it was very.

HaXz
April 21st, 2008, 05:54
I dont post often but I've been a member for a while and this is a very good snes emulator. I don't speak spanish but I figured out how to use it after a little while.
I decided to post how so people that speak english can figure it out easier.
To make it easy just put your roms in the Root://snes9x/roms/"place roms here" dir on the sd
after that is done boot the emulator press 1 and 2 on the wiimote and select the 3rd menu option then click the first submenu it should bring you up to your roms list
select the rom you want to play and then go back to the main menu and select the first option to play the rom
If you want to use the classic controller(its nice I know I love it) select controller configuration E from the Config. Controles menu
To bring up the main emulator menu in game hit - home and + (the middle 3 buttons)
Use the home button on the controller for start
ZL and ZR for L and R
all other buttons are the same as snes it really feels close to an snes controller

edit: I got the sram to work for me too but with a gamecube memory card in slot b
if you select guardar/abrir then select sram manager now you have to go to sdcard and hit a 2 times then select guardar sram
to open you just have to select sdcard one time then hit abrir sram

clockworkjb
April 21st, 2008, 10:14
This emulator is a great start, especially for me, seeing as I don't own a GC controller, but it's annoying that people release these builds which they have clearly failed to test much at all. This is riddled with small issues that would have been simple to pick up and resolve, but they insist on releasing these in gaps of 24 hours or less, one after the other.

For starters, there is no select button mapped to the CC and the start button is mapped to home. That's just silly. ALso silly is the way L and R are mapped to ZL and ZR, it makes playing games that use those buttons extensively very uncomfortable. Another annoying issue is the way that, like in the Wiimote only release, buttons for p1 and p2 are mapped to the same controller, it make games such as Mario Kart unplayable.

Finally, I'm not sure whether this issue is related to the fact that I'm using a PAL Wii, but the timing on the emulator seems much to fast and the sound is very buggy, same as all the previous releases. It is a shame that somebody doesn't just take the time to eliminate these issues, but it's obviously very difficult seeing as nobody seems to be releasing their source code, in direct violation of the terms of use of the original emulator package.

domthegod
April 21st, 2008, 13:38
Wow great little release.

Just a little question kind of noobish(GEEK)

Is it easier to code (make ) an emulator or homebrew with the GameCube controller than it is with the wiimote/classic?

xsomax
April 21st, 2008, 15:36
This piece of homebrew is wonderful.

But just as clockworkjb said, when i do play an game that runs natively with 60fps (60hz) and run this on my PAL Wii the sound is too slow, but the rest is ok.

When i do play a game, that runs on 50 FPS(50hz) the sound is just perfect. Im not getting away from the though that it depends on our 50 Hz configuration (otherwise all homebrew would be displayed with only one color red).

Is there any chance that you can adress this problem?

lever
April 21st, 2008, 21:57
Great! Thanks. I'll try it now.

turtleman6431
April 21st, 2008, 23:32
Are the controls remappable for the CC?

Keelhaul
April 22nd, 2008, 11:50

Well, considering there isn't even that much text involved (and there are several versions in English out there already), it's shouldn't be very hard to release this emulator in English. So my conclusion is that the only reason to do it in Spanish only would be pure arrogance.

turtleman6431
April 22nd, 2008, 17:09
Well, considering there isn't even that much text involved (and there are several versions in English out there already), it's shouldn't be very hard to release this emulator in English. So my conclusion is that the only reason to do it in Spanish only would be pure arrogance.I wouldn't say making it Spanish-Exclusive is arrogance. I'd say it's more or less that he didn't release the source code with this release, even though the original developer of the emulator made it so that any release of this emulator was suppose to be open source.

tehnoir
April 22nd, 2008, 19:45
Well, considering there isn't even that much text involved (and there are several versions in English out there already), it's shouldn't be very hard to release this emulator in English. So my conclusion is that the only reason to do it in Spanish only would be pure arrogance.

You could go learn Spanish just as easily.

metalhead1816
April 24th, 2008, 04:23
I can't get the roms to work using front loading? Does anyone have a clue how to get this.