PDA

View Full Version : Hugo GC "Project" - PC Engine Emu for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

wraggster
April 20th, 2008, 20:06
Eke-Eke (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3919) has released a new version of the PC Engine Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

Heres whats new:

Here is time for a new release: nothing has been done regarding emulation (there are still some games not working properly and still no CD image support) but I added emulation for the original video mode (240i) as well as progressive mode support (480p) for Wii users.

Otherwise, this port now benefits of the same features than the other ones on tehskeen, so consider this as a little but necessary update

Here is full changelog:

Quote:
- added Wii mode support (including front SD rom loading with LFN, TP reload, ...)
- added 4.7GB DVD support for chip-modded WII (GC mode only)
- removed MPAL TV mode, added EURGB60 TV mode support: fix display problem for Wii users (GC&Wii mode)
- added original rendering mode support (240i), like on real hardware
- added 480p (progressive) rendering mode support (not supported by the PAL60 version, use the other one !)
- added Console Reboot option in main menu (System Reboot)
- WRAM files can now be saved/loaded to/from SDCARD: located in /hugo/saves from the root of your SDCARD (no Wii front SD support)
- changed initial ROMS directory for SDCARD user: now looking for /hugo/roms from the root of your SDCARD
- fixed broken MCARD support
- modified controls when going into the rom selection menu (DVD or SDCARD), like other current emulators:
. use B button to go up one directory
. use Z button to quit the file selection menu
. use L/R triggers to go down/up one full page
. use Left/Right buttons or Analog stick to scroll the selected entry's filename when it can't be full displayed
- various menu rearrangment, minor bugfixes & sourcecode cleanup

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

Hawq
April 20th, 2008, 20:43
Your link points at the Genesis emu thread here's the Hugo one (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3922)

geise69
April 20th, 2008, 21:27
Awesome! My favorite system now emulated on the Wii. I actually have my US Duo hooked up to the same TV as the Wii. It will be nice to play some HU card stuff on the regular TV again. Like Magical Chase. I sadly missed out on buying that game when it first came out. Never thought it would go for the price it has been now on Stealbay. Thank you very much for this first release!

Sir_Voe
April 20th, 2008, 21:56
:thumbup:One of my favorite systems. So much better using the GC controller than the stock TG-16 one. Thanks again, off to play Legendary Axe.

geise69
April 21st, 2008, 13:19
I like the D-Pad on my Duo controller better than the cross pad on the Wavebird. I can do diagonals better on the Turbo Duo pad. Regardless this is a nice release.

mn777saint
April 23rd, 2008, 19:44
Nice but when you say: (no Wii front SD support) is only regarding Saves not loads correct?

metalhead1816
May 7th, 2008, 07:15
I'am trying to get Police Quest to work but it wont. It recognizes it in the load from sd slot but does nothing else. I thought the Hugo emulator was for all pc games and if so what should I type them in as to make them work.

Starscream
May 7th, 2008, 13:24
Its for the PC Engine, which is an old console.It's not for PC games .