PDA

View Full Version : jEnesisDS 0.7 + ApprenticeMinusDS 0.2.6 - Genesis (SMS/GG) Emulator for Nintendo DS

Lordus
April 20th, 2008, 23:14
Here a little update to jEnesisDS, my Genesis/MegaDrive emulator for the Nintendo DS.

Changes:

- Fixed bug in Z80 core, preventing some games from having sound (Wonderboy, etc.).
- Fixed bug in 68000 optimization, that could make some games hang (Bonanza Brothers, etc.).
- Changed sound handling and doubled sample rate for PCM sound, resulting in slightly better sound quality.
- HW renderer partially rewritten, many glitches should be gone, some are still there (and will probably not be easy to fix ever)
- Sprite rendering completely rewritten in ASM. Should be faster and fix most of the sprite issues.
- Implemented mid frame palette updates (water effects in Sonic games, Castlevania, etc.). Note, that this just works, if a game is constantly fast enough, so slowdowns can still cause colors to flicker.
- Many little optimizations in memory handling and the CPU cores. Should reduce slowdowns.
- Added option for sprite masking (Landstalker etc.). It is not 100% emulated, just faked to be enough for most games using it (disable it, if sprites are missing, that should be there).
- Added option to change between 3- and 6-Button pad (just works, if the option is applied BEFORE loading a game). When 6-Button pad is disabled, L+R can be used to move the visible screen area, X to center it.
- Added sound state to the savestates, so that the correct tracks should play now when a state is loaded. Savestates are still not 100% reliable and loading old states can potentially cause problems.

Oh, before i forget, the archive contains a preview version of a SMS/Gamegear emulator for the DS, that i have been working on a bit.

What it can do so far:
- Enhanced Z80 ASM core used in jEnesisDS.
- SMS/GG emulation.
- 10 Savestates per game.
- Rewind and fast forward feature.
- Settings can be saved per game.
- Fully rendered by the DS 2D hardware.
- Perfect sync option, that actually syncs every scanline (emulated scanline to DS scanline).
This option is more accurate, and needed for some games to look correctly, but it can be problematic to use it, when "Rewind" is enabled.
- sample accurate (almost ;P) PSG emulation.
- Stereo sound for GG games.

Known issues:
- timing is not exactly correct yet, so some games might not work, or have glitches.
- No FM emulation (yet?)
- Sprite updates need to be improved, sometimes there can be glitched sprites atm.
- Interface practically ripped from jEnesisDS ;)
- Many more, that i don't remember now..

As always, please leave feedback in this thread.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

Addition by Wraggster

If you use jEnesisDS please donate to Lordus (https://www.paypal.com/de/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&[email protected]&item_name=jEnesisDS_donation&currency_code=EUR) so he can make this emulator even better :)

wraggster
April 20th, 2008, 23:21
wow thanks for an awesome release and a l,ovely preview release too :)

awesome stuff

Steely
April 20th, 2008, 23:40
Awesome! I love emulator releases!

AuroraKnight
April 21st, 2008, 00:03
Wooow I love emulator updates. Thanks, this is by far one of my favorite pieces of homebrew :D

Sir_Voe
April 21st, 2008, 00:46
:DAwesome work once again, Lordus. No more disappearing objects in games like Sonic that I can see, the sound is much improved and your Master System emu leaves DSMaster+ in the dust from what I've played. Thanks for all your hard work.

MasterMan
April 21st, 2008, 02:25
Amazing, both emulator are great.

Junixx
April 21st, 2008, 03:58
Yay an update :D Ivans Super Offroad works now too! So does the sound in Mega Bomberman :thumbup: very nice release

Mini Moose
April 21st, 2008, 04:00
Yes!!!! Thank you very much! I'm so glad that you're not a coder that abandons their projects!

puch666
April 21st, 2008, 05:47
Oh! Great!
Thanks a lot Lordus!

paul3100
April 21st, 2008, 08:32
As everyone else above has said ( YOUR DA MAN :-) )

But seriously another update to the best emulator on the DS is great... Cheers man

paul

fkhan
April 21st, 2008, 08:54
awesome work there Lordus:thumbup:

Spidery_Yoda
April 21st, 2008, 10:28
- Implemented mid frame palette updates (water effects in Sonic games, Castlevania, etc.). Note, that this just works, if a game is constantly fast enough, so slowdowns can still cause colors to flicker.
- Added sound state to the savestates, so that the correct tracks should play now when a state is loaded. Savestates are still not 100% reliable and loading old states can potentially cause problems.

:D

I've been playing the hell out of the Sonic games ever since I found jEnesis (0.5), and those 2 things were the 2 th ings that bugged me.

So thanks. The best DS homebrew got even better. Downloading now.

moosemewman
April 21st, 2008, 11:27
Fantastic emulator. Thanks!

ste j
April 21st, 2008, 16:36
great work but any idea why the rom "mercs" doesnt work

defintaley one of the best arcade games made for the sega, shame it isnt loading past the start screen!

Echo1
April 21st, 2008, 17:20
Excellent work again Lordus. I always look forward to your updates. Cheers. :)

Klaus2
April 21st, 2008, 17:25
Hello

Ur a genuis since i got a DS i wanted to play SMS on it but the Emus werent that good, my favourite game Wonderboy Land runs now FLAWLESS like a real SMS not even a single pixel or sound is wrong!!!

DS and SMS Resolution perfectly match to its the best device for SMS emu.

Big thanks!

Greets
Klaus

PigVenus
April 21st, 2008, 18:30
Awesome work! This emulator is great, one of my favorites! Most of the games I've tried work perfectly (or near enough!).

Will the big-game support come in the next version? (the 32MBit support - the kids would love to play Pocahontas on-th-go).

Is there any way that you could make an option in the menus to change the behavior of the L,R buttons? It would be handy to have one as state-save and the other as state-load. I don't find myself missing the cut-off portions of the screen enough to scroll back and forth with the L,R buttons. :)

Again, great job! This is definitely one of the more polished emus out there on the DS.

Shidori
April 21st, 2008, 20:51
Oh my god you did it! SMS and GG emulator :eek:

I've tested a few games and so far they all work like the real thing, i found no bugs, i just can't believe this is only a preview, it's more than that, it's already perfect (who care about the FM :p ) and maybe the best emu on the DS! Not bad at all for a preview :rofl:

For jEnesisDS, i think you reached the very limit of the DS processing power because sometimes sound became very buggy after slowdowns, it can't handle emulating both z80 and 68000 at the same time or maybe it's a problem of syncro between arm 9 and 7, (or both lol) anyway we feel that it's too much for the poor little DS; but maybe you know some more optimisations to prevent slowdows as much as possible! The good thing is a lot of bugs are gone now and global emulation is better.

Bugs i found: in Gunstar Heroes the intro is broken, still no potions showing on Golden Axe, Comix zone is still a mess lol and in Mega Bomberman in battle mode i see strange lines over the battlefield...

Thanks a lot Lordus, nice update... As always :thumbup:

Edit: For the next version maybe you can enable the 6 button pad by default and add large rom support, i think i'm not the only one dying to play Sonic and Knuckles & Sonic 3 anywhere :)

Edit2: By the way, is it possible to add ZIP support like Lameboy in one of your emus or they take both too much memory? Thanks

scrabbus
April 21st, 2008, 21:09
Fabulous. What more can I say?

Danief
April 21st, 2008, 21:59
ive run into a problem....
I downloaded the file, got jenesis, patched it and put it onto my micro sd. booted up gnm and started the emulator. when i open a rom it just shows a black screen at the top. and the system freezes. it worked well before i upgraded....

Lordus
April 21st, 2008, 22:49
:D

I've been playing the hell out of the Sonic games ever since I found jEnesis (0.5), and those 2 things were the 2 th ings that bugged me.

And they are still not really fixed.. Unfortunately there are still slowdowns in those areas in Sonic games, so the colors can still go wrong sometimes (except you disable the Z80, then it should be fast enough).
I also have to fix savestates for good, but the next version will have some bigger changes anyway, which will probably force me to change them again.

great work but any idea why the rom "mercs" doesnt work

Have to check it.. Did you try with H-Int enabled? if that doesn't fix it, you have to wait until i do ;)

Awesome work! This emulator is great, one of my favorites! Most of the games I've tried work perfectly (or near enough!).

Will the big-game support come in the next version? (the 32MBit support - the kids would love to play Pocahontas on-th-go).

Is there any way that you could make an option in the menus to change the behavior of the L,R buttons? It would be handy to have one as state-save and the other as state-load. I don't find myself missing the cut-off portions of the screen enough to scroll back and forth with the L,R buttons. :)

Again, great job! This is definitely one of the more polished emus out there on the DS.

Thanks. Support for big games is on my list for the next version.
The L+R buttons for savestates is possible of course, but is it any faster, really?
I don't want a button to directly load or save a state, as you could accidentally loose your progress.

For jEnesisDS, i think you reached the very limit of the DS processing power because sometimes sound became very buggy after slowdowns, it can't handle emulating both z80 and 68000 at the same time or maybe it's a problem of syncro between arm 9 and 7, (or both lol) anyway we feel that it's too much for the poor little DS; but maybe you know some more optimisations to prevent slowdows as much as possible! The good thing is a lot of bugs are gone now and global emulation is better.

Bugs i found: in Gunstar Heroes the intro is broken, still no potions showing on Golden Axe, Comix zone is still a mess lol and in Mega Bomberman in battle mode i see strange lines over the battlefield...

Thanks a lot Lordus, nice update... As always :thumbup:

Edit: For the next version maybe you can enable the 6 button pad by default and add large rom support, i think i'm not the only one dying to play Sonic and Knuckles & Sonic 3 anywhere :)

Edit2: By the way, is it possible to add ZIP support like Lameboy in one of your emus or they take both too much memory? Thanks

Thanks again. I don't think, the limit is reached, and actually i plan to have all slowdowns eliminated with the next version.. (hopefully).
Actually i think i messed up a bit again, by doing a last minute fix for sound errors like the noise when you went into pause mode in Turrican. It seems this fix makes the sound a little less reliable. I will look into that, too.
There won't be any huge improvements for the sound, i think, but i am sure i can make it almost 100% reliable and improve the FM quality a bit.

The Gunstar Heroes intro was always broken, wasn't it? The problem is, that it changes the address of the BG table mid frame, which is hard to support in my current HW renderer. It is possible, but would slow everything way down. The other bugs will have to be checked, and Comix Zone should be OK, when i manage to eliminate the slowdowns. (The intro is another question though, as it does more tile updates than the DS can handle, and i haven't found a good solution to fix that).

I disabled the 6-Button pad by default on purpose.. First, there are not that many games that need it, and second, i am a bit tired of people constantly moaning about screen resizing. I thought having an easier way to do so (and one that is enabled by default, as few people seem to actually care about changing any options) would maybe minimize that a bit.
I plan on making it possible to save options per game though (like in ApprenticeMinusDS), so you would just have to change that setting once.

Zip support is possible of course, but jEnesisDS is really low on memory already. I see what i can do though. For ApprenticeMinusDS, it should be no problem, it also already compresses savestates, btw.

I downloaded the file, got jenesis, patched it and put it onto my micro sd. booted up gnm and started the emulator. when i open a rom it just shows a black screen at the top. and the system freezes. it worked well before i upgraded....

This damn gnm.. (sorry) i thought i had the touchscreen problem from the last version fixed, but it seems i still couldn't make it happy..
It would really help to have one of those sometime, to finally fix the issues with it.

RupeeClock
April 22nd, 2008, 01:09
I'm absolutely in love with this new ApprenticeMinusDS right here, I'm playing Wonder Boy 3 on it and it's a dream come true.
Seriously, it appears to emulate 100% perfectly, no graphical or audio errors, perfect framerate, and the savestates remove the need for passwords.

Thank you. :)

paul3100
April 22nd, 2008, 10:59
Zip support is possible of course, but jEnesisDS is really low on memory already. I see what i can do though. For ApprenticeMinusDS, it should be no problem, it also already compresses savestates, btw.

Lordus, couldn't you make use of the GBA extra memory for those of us that have it for zip support and of course those larger genesis games?

paul

EDIT: mega lo mania now works :-) , the japan one worked but not the US or europe but they do now so thank you.

PigVenus
April 22nd, 2008, 11:25
Lordus,
You are the best! I can't believe that you actually take time to respond to questions & comments of the users! Wow!

I just had a question, does jEnesisDS make use of the added RAM from expansions cards (especially the EZFlash 3-in-1 )? Just wondering as this approach is used by SnesEmulDS.

Thanks again for such great work! :thumbup:

Shidori
April 22nd, 2008, 13:15
I think RAM from expantions cards should not be needed since the biggest genesis cartridges are 4 Mo and in snemulds they are supported well without any external RAM, plus their's not many users that own 2 linkers :p

But it can be helpful for Zip support indeed since i don't know if Lordus can add this feature for roms larger than 1 Mo because of the lack of memory (still better than nothing!)

Thanks for the reply Lordus, after reading it i agree that only a very few games support the 6 button pad and the feature to move the screen with L and R is very useful by default, i just tested it! The intros in gunstar and comix even if they cannot be fixed are not important and nobody care about them, but the problem in golden axe affect the gameplay for exemple and is more problematic. Anyway the vaste majority of bugs are indeed caused by the slowdowns like you said, i wish you luck for having them eradicated! Keep up :D

Oh and a little remark: i found that Street Fighter match the screen perfectly (by disabling vertical scaling) and El Viento scales horizontaly too but just during the intro and menu, that would be cool if they contained some code that scale them automaticaly... Is this possible? And if it is, could we use this for some rom hacking :confused:

Spidery_Yoda
April 22nd, 2008, 13:42
And they are still not really fixed.. Unfortunately there are still slowdowns in those areas in Sonic games, so the colors can still go wrong sometimes (except you disable the Z80, then it should be fast enough).
I also have to fix savestates for good, but the next version will have some bigger changes anyway, which will probably force me to change them again.

Yes, I have noticed some slight flickering when the games slow down a bit, but it's still a massive improvement of the entire levels having flickering water all over the place :).

One thing i'd like in the next version (although, I understand that making requests isn't really my place), is a sleep mode for when you close the cover. I don't know anything about coding for the DS. Is it difficult to include that? Would it mean putting aside resources that could otherwise be used by the emulator? I don't know.

But of course getting the emulator running perfectly is far more important than a sleep mode :)

Thargor
April 22nd, 2008, 20:48
This emulator is awesome but can I just ask one question, will the scaling ever be fixed or is that just something you have to put up with? Seems like theres loads being chopped off the sides.

Sir_Voe
April 22nd, 2008, 21:24
This emulator is awesome but can I just ask one question, will the scaling ever be fixed or is that just something you have to put up with? Seems like theres loads being chopped off the sides.

I don't think there's anything that can be done about that. A few versions ago there was a SW build included that showed the whole screen, but at the cost of losing full speed and all sound. With this new version, you can scroll the screen to show those cut off sections with L and R, and re-center it w/ X though, which works great.

DanTheManMS
April 23rd, 2008, 03:30
The method used by jEnesisDS to make it run at full speed comes at a cost, the most noticeable being the inability to scale horizontally. It cannot be done with hardware emulation. You will have to put up with it.

If you want to try a version with horizontal scaling, use v0.4a SW renderer version.

crookedmouth
April 23rd, 2008, 04:59

What do you mean by "upgrade", if it is that you upgraded your MicroSD card to a different size or make , you might want to make sure that you are using v1 of the gnm dldi patch. Some different brands don't work with the GnM. I know that the 1Gig Sandisk MicroSD works with v1 but not v2 of the chism patch.

I found that JenesisDS 0.7 works fine as long as I run it from my DSOrganize browser. I've included the version of DSOrganize that I am using. Hope it works. Just Extract the zip directly to the root of your card, then put the MicroSD card in and boot your DS and run DSO. Don't patch it again, A GnM prepatched DSO, JenesisDS and Apprentice is included.

I have the touchscreen working now too,no freeze ups Save States work, Left/Right scrolling works. It's awesome. I have no clue why it needs DSOrganize to make it run, but without it, it is just a black screen above.

The same goes for Apprentice, it needs DSO.

Thank you Lordus! Awesome work.

A quick question about Apprentice. Theres probably no chance that SG-1000, SC-3000 will be supported is there?

JJBro1
April 23rd, 2008, 05:04
does anybody else get a pausing problem? Im tyring to run sonic 3 and it keeps pausing itself. Same for sonic 1 just not as frequent.

weijen123
April 23rd, 2008, 05:12
i hate to adjust the screen from left to right,that make me cant concentreate on game...BOSS,pls make genesis game FULL SCREEN~~~~

Spidery_Yoda
April 23rd, 2008, 10:38
i hate to adjust the screen from left to right,that make me cant concentreate on game...BOSS,pls make genesis game FULL SCREEN~~~~

Did you even read the previous page?

This gets asked every single time Lordus releases a new version of his emulator. I think maybe a huge disclaimer is needed for people who haven't read about it before. Otherwise people will ask about it every single time. Repeatedly.

Shidori
April 23rd, 2008, 10:44
weijen123, i don't know if we have to laugh or cry reading your comment... Maybe if you learn to read and research you'll find the answer.

I think even if Lordus puts a message at start shouting "fullscreen or scaling or whatever you call it is not possible", people will keep asking for it!

THIS IS MADNESS! :mad:

-evilryu-
April 23rd, 2008, 11:57
Hi all,
Super Street Fighter 2 and International Superstar Soccer Deluxe doesn't work,i try to press select button to enter the menu and change the options but it doesn't work.

Shidori
April 23rd, 2008, 12:58
Super Street Fighter 2 and International Superstar Soccer Deluxe doesn't work,i try to press select button to enter the menu and change the options but it doesn't work.

Street Fighter 2 works perfectly fine (try another dump), if you'r refering to the "new challengers" version you have to know that jEnesisDS doesn't support large rom yet, so just wait until a new release...

dave auto
April 23rd, 2008, 13:23
Shidori-
Really, SF II: Special CE works perfectly for you? In jEnesis v. 0.6 and 0.7 (didn't happen in 0.5), the game's options screen always thinks I'm using a 3-button controller, even though it recognizes all 6 buttons during gameplay. A strange bug, I know, but it means I can't configure the buttons properly (even with the new option to manually enable a 6-button controller). Maybe I should try another dump as well and see what happens...

Also, Lordus, I'm still experiencing problems unless I set the DS's clock to 00.00. jEnesis locks up as soon as I choose a ROM to load, and Apprentice hangs on the Config screen. I know you said earlier you thought you fixed the problem with this version, so I just wanted to report the issue.

As always, I'm using a MMD w/512 mb CF. Probably time to just bite the bullet and get an R4 :)

And, as always, thanks for your hard work, Lordus. Never thought a Genesis emu on DS could be this functional and polished, and Apprentice is a godsend, even in its current early state.

Shidori
April 23rd, 2008, 14:41
dave auto, i just checked SF II:

When you start the game the first time only 3 pad button is recognized, you have to go to the options of jEnesisDS and activate 6 button pad then restart the game. After this you can use all buttons but indeed in the menu i wasn't able to configurate them because the 6 button pad only appears for the second player lol

Strange but maybe fixed for the next version if Lordus read this, myself i didn't really care about button config cause i just play the way it is.

-evilryu-
April 23rd, 2008, 14:47
Street Fighter 2 works perfectly fine (try another dump), if you'r refering to the "new challengers" version you have to know that jEnesisDS doesn't support large rom yet, so just wait until a new release...

i was talking about SUPER sf2 not sf2
but if u say me that large rom doesn't work i understand cause SSF2 and ISSD have these issue.

Lordus
April 23rd, 2008, 20:28
does anybody else get a pausing problem? Im tyring to run sonic 3 and it keeps pausing itself. Same for sonic 1 just not as frequent.

Hm, doesn't sound good. What card are you using, and how does it pause exactly (Like if you would touch the screen, and you have to press select or touch again to continue, or it hangs)?

Right, i'll do it ASAP!

Shidori-
Really, SF II: Special CE works perfectly for you? In jEnesis v. 0.6 and 0.7 (didn't happen in 0.5), the game's options screen always thinks I'm using a 3-button controller, even though it recognizes all 6 buttons during gameplay. A strange bug, I know, but it means I can't configure the buttons properly (even with the new option to manually enable a 6-button controller). Maybe I should try another dump as well and see what happens...

Also, Lordus, I'm still experiencing problems unless I set the DS's clock to 00.00. jEnesis locks up as soon as I choose a ROM to load, and Apprentice hangs on the Config screen. I know you said earlier you thought you fixed the problem with this version, so I just wanted to report the issue.

As always, I'm using a MMD w/512 mb CF. Probably time to just bite the bullet and get an R4 :)

And, as always, thanks for your hard work, Lordus. Never thought a Genesis emu on DS could be this functional and polished, and Apprentice is a godsend, even in its current early state.

Thanks. I really have to look into that 6-button problem. I never noticed it, as i always use the default config anyway. Might be something little i changed from 0.5 to 0.6.
I think i really need one of those stupid cards that always give problems.. I thought i fixed it, but it seems not. The fix actually made sense, after the reports about resetting the time. Now, i don't really have a clue what the problem is..

toiletking
April 23rd, 2008, 21:00
Hi Lordus!

Your work is awesome!:thumbup:

Not only the emulator, but, the design (menu, splashscreen...) it's impressive, perfect is a small word (that's a french expression :D )

The MasterSystem-GameGear emulateur is perfect too, it's a real pleasur to use it!

Maybe you have planed a pc engine emulator? :rolleyes:

Shidori
April 23rd, 2008, 22:01
The PC Engine is a completly different architecture, leave this one for the guy who made PCEAdvance, he can port his emu to the DS if we ask him nicely :D

That would be total awsomness if he accept to work on it, someone from pocket heaven, i think it's FluBBa... The GBA was not powerfull enough, maybe he is already working on the DS port, who knows :confused:

Edit: i just checked the forum, and i can see he is busy with a Neo Geo pocket emu for... The GBA :cry:
I'm glad to see the GBA is still alive but i hope he will port both pc engine and neo geo pocket emus for the DS!

crookedmouth
April 24th, 2008, 05:10

I found with the GnM and MMD as well, that if you run JenesisDS.nds through DSO's browser, that the touch-screen and therefore saves and such work fine, without the need to reset to 00:00.
I've taken the liberty of Including everything in an attachment. Just download DSOrganizeMMD.zip and extract it directly to the root of your card. Don't patch anything! Just run the DSOrganize.nds and choose the icon with the magnifying glass/folder(browser- I have custom icons) to run JenesisDS. The reason I included DSO, is I'm not certain if the settings/version I have and what not affect it.

Good Luck.

Edit off topic: I admit that PCEDS would be awesome, PCEAdvance is a fantastic emulator and I use it almost every day. I think the DS could handle the PCEngine with sound as a lot of games have to be run on the GBA with timings disabled, that as a side effect removes sound.Loopy was also looking into PCEDS. Let us pray .
I also think the Intellivision would be awesome on the DS, but I'm dating myself.The touchscreen would be perfect to recreate the horrible controller. :)

dave auto
April 24th, 2008, 14:22
Thanks for the tip, crookedmouth. I had always had trouble launching programs from DSO, but after fiddling with my own settings (just had to change the boot method to "Chism," presumably because my emulators are DLDI-patched) I got it working.

Thanks for your reply, Lordus. But, dude, seriously, don't lose any sleep over my little problems :) jEnesis and Apprentice both launch perfectly from DSOrganize, as crookedmouth has pointed out above, and as for the 6-button thing...I can always play SFII under SNEmulDS. So no worries. You're doing great work, and we all appreciate it.

And since we're all throwing out new emu ideas (no pressure, Lordus!) might I suggest Colecovision, as I believe the machine's architecture is very similar to a GG/Master System? Just a thought :)

Shidori
April 24th, 2008, 14:47
For the Colecovision Alekmaul has recently updated ColecoDS, maybe you should check at portabledev.com his new 2.1 version and return feedback :)

Jeric
April 25th, 2008, 22:59
About to give a go on my GnM (with and without DSO to see what happens). Will post results later.

TechRat
April 26th, 2008, 03:03
About to give a go on my GnM (with and without DSO to see what happens). Will post results later.

I can also confirm that the DSO trick works for GnM cards. They won't work otherwise. It's a little inconvenient, but not really a big deal.

Lordus
April 27th, 2008, 03:45
This DSO thing really annoys me, I'd like to fix it properly, but i doubt that this will be very easy without having one of those cards. Anyway, thanks to crookedmouth for finding this out. At least there is a temporal solution to the problem now.

As for emulating another hardware, i am not really interested in emulating anything non-Sega. And there is still a lot to do... I want to get jEnesisDS to a state that i feel OK with, and also finish the 32X and SegaCD emulation of jEnesis (Java version, which most likely nobody knows)

I started writing jEnesis initially with the goal to learn about writing an emulator, so i could write a Saturn emulator from scratch later. What i'd really like to do, is working on a highly optimized Saturn emulator for a handheld. Of course that wold have to be a very powerful handheld ;)

-evilryu-
April 27th, 2008, 09:34
This DSO thing really annoys me, I'd like to fix it properly, but i doubt that this will be very easy without having one of those cards. Anyway, thanks to crookedmouth for finding this out. At least there is a temporal solution to the problem now.

As for emulating another hardware, i am not really interested in emulating anything non-Sega. And there is still a lot to do... I want to get jEnesisDS to a state that i feel OK with, and also finish the 32X and SegaCD emulation of jEnesis (Java version, which most likely nobody knows)

I started writing jEnesis initially with the goal to learn about writing an emulator, so i could write a Saturn emulator from scratch later. What i'd really like to do, is working on a highly optimized Saturn emulator for a handheld. Of course that wold have to be a very powerful handheld ;)
lordus first of all compliments for your great job,i can't believe that i can play so fine games like Street of Rage 1-2-3,Splatterhouse ecc....but i 've 2 questions for u...
1)you 'll include large rom support(SuperStreetFighter2) in future release of this emulator?
2)Why International SuperstarSoccer Deluxe doesn't start? i press select button but it freeze.

thx

xneoken
April 27th, 2008, 12:10
Thanks Lordus for constantly updating your emulator. I think I play games on your emulator more than DS games. lol

same problem here too :(. I got an R4.

The SMS emu works fine.

totocorp
April 27th, 2008, 17:53
Wonderboy 5 fullspeed with perfect sound on DS ... It sounds wonderful, amazing, incredible, extraordinary (...), isn't it ? It is !
Many thanks to you, Lordus. It's like when dream become reality :)

Lordus
April 27th, 2008, 20:04
1)you 'll include large rom support(SuperStreetFighter2) in future release of this emulator?
2)Why International SuperstarSoccer Deluxe doesn't start? i press select button but it freeze.

1. Definitely planned.
2. The whole emulator freezes, or just the game? It does work for me with H-Int enabled (is playable, but not without glitches).

same problem here too :(. I got an R4.

The SMS emu works fine.

Hm, strange. There seems to be more and more problems. I thought they were limited to GnM and MMD. I didn't experience any problems on R4, and it seems to work for most people, too. There are some things i want to change, which will hopefully help those problems a bit. It could be running out of memory. Make sure you don't have too many files in the root of your card, or any folder that you navigate to.

Sir_Voe
April 27th, 2008, 21:06
I remember someone commenting in one of the old topics that there was another emu where the issue of missing edges of the screen was handled by scrolling the screen in response to dpad movement. Now that we can scroll using L and R while playing, I messed around to try and get a sense of what it would be like, and it seems like it would work really well for many games. Do you think there is a chance of such a feature?

Spidery_Yoda
April 27th, 2008, 22:10
Hm, strange. There seems to be more and more problems. I thought they were limited to GnM and MMD. I didn't experience any problems on R4, and it seems to work for most people, too. There are some things i want to change, which will hopefully help those problems a bit. It could be running out of memory. Make sure you don't have too many files in the root of your card, or any folder that you navigate to.

My R4 has never given me any problems with any version of the jEnesis.

Just so you know.

Lordus
April 27th, 2008, 22:32
I remember someone commenting in one of the old topics that there was another emu where the issue of missing edges of the screen was handled by scrolling the screen in response to dpad movement. Now that we can scroll using L and R while playing, I messed around to try and get a sense of what it would be like, and it seems like it would work really well for many games. Do you think there is a chance of such a feature?

That would be possible of course. Actually i am trying it at the moment, and if i like how it feels, I'll probably include it as an option. While it might be helpful for some games, i am sure it'd be very disturbing in others..

And btw. as i got asked by some people: ApprenticeMinusDS does have SRAM support, but it isn't automatically saved like in jEnesisDS. You have to interact with the menu, load a new game, well, basically perform any action on the bottom screen, for it to be saved.

Shidori
April 28th, 2008, 00:17
No problems at all on my R4, people complaining should try free some space or format the sd card...

I think this could be a solution for games like sonic and contra (actually it would be great i think) but in other games who are not as fast and don't require anticipation skills it can be very annoying so if it's implemented it should be indeed an option like Lordus said, but great idea really :thumbup:

evilzippy
April 28th, 2008, 00:19
coughs ... I cant play megalowmania properly yet or outrun 8)

crookedmouth
April 28th, 2008, 00:34

I really want to grab a GnM for you, if I can sneak it by the wife. :o I have a second little girl on the way. :) Maybe after it quiets down around my house, I will really try to grab one for you.
Although the DSO solution is really not inconvenient at all.
Again thanks for replying to this thread so much . :)

xneoken
April 28th, 2008, 07:14

I have 336 files in the Sega Rom folder. I try a folder with 1 file and see what happens.

EDIT: I tried it with a folder with 1 rom file and it worked. Not restarting, I load a rom in the big folder then it works. Weird. If I 1st load a rom from a folder with a lot of roms, it was hang at the loading. Last jEnesis didn't have this problem.

-evilryu-
April 28th, 2008, 11:05
1. Definitely planned.
2. The whole emulator freezes, or just the game? It does work for me with H-Int enabled (is playable, but not without glitches).

Sorry,how can i enable H-int?

Sir_Voe
April 28th, 2008, 18:41
That would be possible of course. Actually i am trying it at the moment, and if i like how it feels, I'll probably include it as an option. While it might be helpful for some games, i am sure it'd be very disturbing in others..

Cool, thanks for considering it. I think it would be ideal for just about any game w/ sideways scrolling (anything from Streets of Rage to Shinobi and Sonic), but I agree if implemented, the two existing setups should also remain. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be for the best. I look forward to the next release.

Lordus
April 28th, 2008, 18:58
I really want to grab a GnM for you, if I can sneak it by the wife. :o I have a second little girl on the way. :) Maybe after it quiets down around my house, I will really try to grab one for you.
Although the DSO solution is really not inconvenient at all.
Again thanks for replying to this thread so much . :)

Never sneak anything by your wife! That can have bad consequences ;)
No seriously, better get something nice for your little daughter then, I'll try to manage without a card. Maybe the fact that it works, if it is loaded by DSO can hint at the possible cause for the problem after all...

I have 336 files in the Sega Rom folder. I try a folder with 1 file and see what happens.

EDIT: I tried it with a folder with 1 rom file and it worked. Not restarting, I load a rom in the big folder then it works. Weird. If I 1st load a rom from a folder with a lot of roms, it was hang at the loading. Last jEnesis didn't have this problem.

That can surely be fixed, the new version just needs more memory than former versions did.. But the file handling is also far from optimal at the moment.

Sorry,how can i enable H-int?

Touch the joypad icon to enter the settings while a game is running, then navigate to the option "H-Int" and set it to "On"...

-evilryu-
April 28th, 2008, 19:22
Touch the joypad icon to enter the settings while a game is running, then navigate to the option "H-Int" and set it to "On"...

Ok now it starts....but you said right,it's very bugged
however thx ;)

Jeric
April 29th, 2008, 13:33
Good news: The DSO trick works and the emulator runs flawlessly, or at least as much as is possible anyway.

Bad news: Savestates/saving in game (ps4) does not work if you power cycle. If the power remains on savestates work though. Dunno if this is a bug, or simply something that hasn't been resolved yet.

GnM user with a 1gb microsd card.

madcat1990
April 30th, 2008, 00:27
Holy mother of god! VERY GOOD!

the two emulators I DESPERATELY wanted to work WITH sound and FULL SPEED

I have to put my PSP on 333Mhz to play Genesis at full speed! Take that PSP! >:3

medj
May 1st, 2008, 20:15
I just recently got an R4 mainly for the reason to play old emulator games on it. I just want to thank you for your time spent on this emulator. I have tried it already with Sonic 2. Music sounded a little strange and the Sonic sprite looked a bit strange but it ran at good speeds. I'll look forward to more updates, thanks!

Hopalongtom
May 2nd, 2008, 17:53
I just recently got an R4 mainly for the reason to play old emulator games on it. I just want to thank you for your time spent on this emulator. I have tried it already with Sonic 2. Music sounded a little strange and the Sonic sprite looked a bit strange but it ran at good speeds. I'll look forward to more updates, thanks!

To fix the Sonic sprite untick vertical scaling! He should look fine then!

Jeric
May 4th, 2008, 13:37
So anybody else having problems with either and or both emulators savegames not surviving a powercycle?

TrekkiesUnite118
May 4th, 2008, 23:41
Has anyone found a fix for it locking up when loading a Rom on the Max Media Dock? Also for me the SMS/GG emulator doesn't work, it gets to what appears to be the main menu and freezes.

crookedmouth
May 4th, 2008, 23:58
Has anyone found a fix for it locking up when loading a Rom on the Max Media Dock? Also for me the SMS/GG emulator doesn't work, it gets to what appears to be the main menu and freezes.

Yep, the fix is running both emulators through DSOrganize. Touchscreen will work, but Savestates will corrupt after power off

post with dso prepatched
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148056150&postcount=43

So anybody else having problems with either and or both emulators savegames not surviving a powercycle?

Yes, my save states become corrupt after re-boot. Initially I thought everything worked.

Both datel products are the same.

TrekkiesUnite118
May 5th, 2008, 00:13
Yep, the fix is running both emulators through DSOrganize. Touchscreen will work, but Savestates will corrupt after power off

post with dso prepatched
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148056150&postcount=43

Yes, my save states become corrupt after re-boot. Initially I thought everything worked.

Both datel products are the same.

That didn't work at all, now when I try to run it I get a DLDI error even though you said it didn't need patched, I tried patching it myself and it still gave me the same error.

sukhi-2006
May 5th, 2008, 01:43
Does jenesis have sound in the games.

Jeric
May 5th, 2008, 04:21
Yep! Yep it does!

evilzippy
May 5th, 2008, 17:33
so chuffed this latest addition runs mega lo mania all time best ever console strat game since populous on the master system 8) which had almost infinite levels 8) only some minor gfx glitches in mega lo mania but sound works and is very playable cant wait for future release to work along side working versions of outrun and street racer ... prays 8)

Tiger21820
May 7th, 2008, 23:26
Give yourself a pat on the back! The emulators are perfect! The GG/SMS sound is almost perfect!

I was wondering if you can add a Game Geine/Pro Action Replay for the Genisis/SMS/GG? I can't get the level select menu to appear in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for the SMS.

crookedmouth
May 8th, 2008, 01:46
That didn't work at all, now when I try to run it I get a DLDI error even though you said it didn't need patched, I tried patching it myself and it still gave me the same error.

Wow that is tested on both MMD and the GnM(obviosly different dldi). I know it works.

What CF card are you using?

Are you sure your not using the 4gig HDD version of MMD? If you are, use the attached dldi to patch DSO.

Rockfang
May 9th, 2008, 15:33
Thanks for updating your emulator! :)

TrekkiesUnite118
May 9th, 2008, 16:18
Wow that is tested on both MMD and the GnM(obviosly different dldi). I know it works.

What CF card are you using?

Are you sure your not using the 4gig HDD version of MMD? If you are, use the attached dldi to patch DSO.

Its not the HDD one, I think I would know if I had the HDD or not. It's the dock and its using a 1 GB Lexar media compact flash card. And no, that DS Organize didn't work, the minute I tried to load the emulator I got a dldi error and it said there wasnt a dldi patch file in its reference directory, it even said that after I put the dldi file I use for patching other homebrew things in the reference folder. It said it after I patched it myself as well.

kagemaru999
May 10th, 2008, 15:15
i need help i got a games and music card and im trying to play sonic 3 but the top screen goes blank and it freezes i patched it and stuuff but it dont work

crookedmouth
May 11th, 2008, 00:46
Its not the HDD one, I think I would know if I had the HDD or not. It's the dock and its using a 1 GB Lexar media compact flash card. And no, that DS Organize didn't work, the minute I tried to load the emulator I got a dldi error and it said there wasnt a dldi patch file in its reference directory, it even said that after I put the dldi file I use for patching other homebrew things in the reference folder. It said it after I patched it myself as well.

Have you got DSOrganize working on your card for booting other homebrew?

Make sure that you are using the Chism loader in your DSO settings.

Reformat your CF card?

TrekkiesUnite118
May 11th, 2008, 04:39
Have you got DSOrganize working on your card for booting other homebrew?

Make sure that you are using the Chism loader in your DSO settings.

Reformat your CF card?

DSOrganize doesn't work for any of my homebrew that works fine otherwise. I am using the Chism loader and its saying "You haven't patched DSOrganize with any DLDI file. The Chishm Loader requires you have a DLDI patched DSOrganize or a dldi file in your resources directory." even when there is the proper dldi file in its resources directory.

utz030303
May 11th, 2008, 14:38
Thanks a lot, Lordus!! :D

jeebusgrind
May 11th, 2008, 17:03
grind, thx~!

Flygon
May 12th, 2008, 11:43
I have to say that this emulator runs really well, expessially with Sonic 1 Megamix (Though the sound does have a tendency to go terrible quality when under pressure, expessially when playing DAC samples) but otherwise this emulator is near perfect.

-evilryu-
May 12th, 2008, 19:55
yes
this is a very good emulator
90% of the games i've tried works fine

only these problems:
1)large rom doesn't supported
2)iss deluxe it's bugged
3)i can't save(i launch it with DSO)

but:

street of rage 1-2-3 works great
splatterhouse too
street fighter 2 too
and others game works fine.

Thx for this great Emu.

Master_Thief
May 13th, 2008, 14:59
Loving the emulator so far, tried tons of games and they've all been playable.

Just 1 problem i've encountered is with the game "Rings of Power". Saving doesn't work, just get an error ingame saying "Media Error". Save states don't work with it either I just get a corrupted screen upon loading the state.

Apart from that though, excellent work :)

Omega_2
May 14th, 2008, 23:19
It seems that we all have different patch tools then, don't we? Not to mention different versions of the G. 'N' M. SD card. Oh, and DSO 3.2 might cause issuesfor those of us that use it to surf the web, so get ver. 3.1 or whatever ver it is before 3.2.

Lordus, sometimes if you load the same rom a few times, the sound will begin to degrade. I thought you might like to know.
Oh, and how does one use savestates in Apprentice?

Slightly off-topic maybe?
Question. About savestates, anyone have the sonic 3 level select savestate?
Maybe we should share our savestates. I've got sonic drowning as the act cleared music starts, it's funny to me, I just thought i'd share it.

Omega_2
May 14th, 2008, 23:48
Sorry. Just thought I'd ask; is there any way to convert gens savestates into useable savestates on jEnesis? Or are we on our own?

Lordus
May 15th, 2008, 21:24
only these problems:
1)large rom doesn't supported
2)iss deluxe it's bugged
3)i can't save(i launch it with DSO)

I'll try to implement/fix 1 and 2 till the next version, and maybe take some time to figure out what the problem with certain cards is.

Lordus, sometimes if you load the same rom a few times, the sound will begin to degrade. I thought you might like to know.
Oh, and how does one use savestates in Apprentice?

Generally i think, the sound is the best when you start the first game after loading up jEnesisDS. It shouldn't really be happening and i have to look into it more.
In ApprenticeMinus you open the savestate menu with L+R, then choose a slot to load or save.

Sorry. Just thought I'd ask; is there any way to convert gens savestates into useable savestates on jEnesis? Or are we on our own?

No, that's not possible. The savestates contain a lot of specific information that Gens doesn't need or have. SRAM files should be the same, although i think Gens saves them byteswapped, but Kega ones should work.

-evilryu-
May 16th, 2008, 09:36
I'll try to implement/fix 1 and 2 till the next version, and maybe take some time to figure out what the problem with certain cards is.

Great! :)

Tiger21820
May 17th, 2008, 16:54
Is it possible to put a game geine/action replay for jenisisDS/apprenticeMinusDS?

I can't get the level select menu to appear in Sonic 2 Sege Master System version.

It is impossible on the ds.

MrENGLISH
May 20th, 2008, 21:52
THANKS! I really appreciate all your hard work! Loving the new ApprenticeMinusDS too!!!

I hope you'll try to tackle SNES emulation someday.

paranoiaman
May 24th, 2008, 18:04
I still cant play sonic 3 and knuckles :(

WDeranged
May 24th, 2008, 18:22
Fantastic work going on with this emulator.

ApprenticeMinus was a great surprise too, almost every game I've tried works perfectly.

The colour palette on the master system looks a little bit dark though, compare gg sonic and master system sonic.

Maybe it was like this originally but its been so long i cant remember :)

Lordus
May 24th, 2008, 18:48
THANKS! I really appreciate all your hard work! Loving the new ApprenticeMinusDS too!!!

I hope you'll try to tackle SNES emulation someday.

Thanks. I don't think i am interested in SNES emulation that much. But there are other things i want to do someday..

I still cant play sonic 3 and knuckles :(

Of course not, as games >3mb are still not supported. I want to support them in the next version though.

Fantastic work going on with this emulator.

ApprenticeMinus was a great surprise too, almost every game I've tried works perfectly.

The colour palette on the master system looks a little bit dark though, compare gg sonic and master system sonic.

Maybe it was like this originally but its been so long i cant remember :)

The GG video chip was enhanced over the Master System one, by having more colors, so it's the way it should be ;)

WDeranged
May 25th, 2008, 00:56
Maybe when you're tying up loose ends with it you could add a brightness control.

It'd be just as authentic as using a real tv :D

.:PSP1.0:.
May 25th, 2008, 04:16
Great genesis emulator.. Playing all my old school favs with this one.. thanks LORDUS!

poopdeckpappy
May 26th, 2008, 20:37
My wonderboy 2 rom is appearantly (UE) and the in-game text is in english on my computer (KFusion 3.4) but japanese on the DS (apprenticeminus 0.2.6). I've tried downloading it again from a different source... same result. Is my rom somehow disguised or is this a known issue? Other than that I've been 100% loving this emulator. SMS was my first system... good times

Lordus
May 26th, 2008, 21:39
My wonderboy 2 rom is appearantly (UE) and the in-game text is in english on my computer (KFusion 3.4) but japanese on the DS (apprenticeminus 0.2.6). I've tried downloading it again from a different source... same result. Is my rom somehow disguised or is this a known issue? Other than that I've been 100% loving this emulator. SMS was my first system... good times

Some games (on SMS and/or Genesis) detect the hardware region and show different graphics or even language depending on it. So what you see is what would happen if you played the game on a Japanese console.
The released version of ApprenticeMinusDS is fixed to Japanese region, so that's all there is to it. I already implemented a region setting shortly after i released it, but haven't done much else on it, so that it's not really worth it to release another version just for that. If i release another version sometime, it will have it though..

-evilryu-
May 27th, 2008, 08:37
Of course not, as games >3mb are still not supported. I want to support them in the next version though.

Sorry Lordus,i can't wait for the next release of the fantastic JenesisDS,when you think that it will come out?

Thx

kinghleb
May 27th, 2008, 11:53
Forgive my noobishness, but the games I play on the jEnesis seem slightly too big for my DS screen and it basically cuts out a small but noticeable chunk around the 'frame' of the screen.

It's still playable but quite annoying because it cuts out health bars or life counts.
Is there a way to get to fit exactly to screen?
Can't seem to work it out..

My Snemul works fine and all my games on it fit entirely on the screen so nothings left out.
I dont see why the jEnesis cant do the same!

Shidori
May 27th, 2008, 13:40
Forgive my noobishness, but the games I play on the jEnesis seem slightly too big for my DS screen and it basically cuts out a small but noticeable chunk around the 'frame' of the screen.

It's still playable but quite annoying because it cuts out health bars or life counts.
Is there a way to get to fit exactly to screen?
Can't seem to work it out..

My Snemul works fine and all my games on it fit entirely on the screen so nothings left out.
I dont see why the jEnesis cant do the same!

Troll spotted :cool:

kinghleb
May 27th, 2008, 13:45
:( What do you mean? Im only asking for help.

DanTheManMS
May 27th, 2008, 18:01
He's calling you a troll because that question must have been answered at least five times within this thread alone, not to mention that it's in the README file and in pretty much every other place where jEnesisDS is posted.

Hint: look for "horizontal scaling"

SNEmulDS works because the SNES screen was 256 pixels wide, which is the same as the DS. The Genesis screen was wider.

zfunk007
June 3rd, 2008, 07:46
Great emulator! You are a Godsend for creating this!

I wasn't able to get it working at first but it works great now. And Dick Tracy works! Fantastic!

There were a couple of games that didn't work and just came to blank screens (Revenge of Shinobi and Lemmings 2, and Road Rash 2 had graphical issues and no sound) but Sonic, Dick Tracy, Moonwalker, Thunder Force 3, and Streets of Rage all work great!

A couple of questions now, one of them pertains to your Master System Game Gear emulator. I tried GG Shinobi and it works great. However I noticed it is in a small box screen made to resemble the Game Gear. Was this another pixel issue? The game works flawlessly but the screen is so small it hurts my eyes. Not sure if that is something that is fixable. Either way I am just happy it works! Keep up the good work!

leechrat
June 4th, 2008, 08:03
I just wanted to give my thanks to Lordus for this emulator.

Now I can play a proper game of Sonic the Hedgehog on my DS.

Thank you very much! :D

Linux-SWAT
June 5th, 2008, 21:29
Neat ! Nice work !!!

nitram100
June 11th, 2008, 15:34
Awesome work!

crookedmouth
June 12th, 2008, 01:39
I just figured out that Mercs works if you choose the 6 button controller in the config screen...If anyone cares or was wondering.

vetrox
June 12th, 2008, 21:47
Wow, this is awesome. I'll play some Sonic tomorrow!

sora231
June 24th, 2008, 20:52
i tryd ApprenticeMinusDS on my games n music for ds and i dldi patched it but it freezes on a screen that says:
confiuration
--------------------------------------------------------

[a] :change option
[select] :continue

can somebody help me plz
:thumbup::D

zzt
June 25th, 2008, 20:29
Try launching it through DS Organize (3.1129/last stable version), works for me.

Omega_2
July 1st, 2008, 07:16
Yeah, stay FAR away from DSO 3.2 as there seems to be problems connecting to the web, as well as the homebrew database, and random image viewing give some guru meditation error or just a red screen of death, another MS ripoff.
...and Lordus, the thing with the sound, it if you keep resetting the same game 3 or more times. I also wonder, would it take too much of your time to put together a version that ONLY runs 3MB and greater, thus giving you more time to work at your leisure on completing your original project, or would that take up too much of your time?

Lordus
July 1st, 2008, 18:44
...and Lordus, the thing with the sound, it if you keep resetting the same game 3 or more times. I also wonder, would it take too much of your time to put together a version that ONLY runs 3MB and greater, thus giving you more time to work at your leisure on completing your original project, or would that take up too much of your time?

The sound problem with resets is fixed already, sound is much more stable and better quality now. The last release had the FM sound at 16KHz, but I rewrote most of the FM core in ASM and by now most games can do 32KHz. I am keeping it at 28KHz, though, as some games don't quite make it.

If i implement support for 3MB games, then smaller games would still work, too, of course. The support will definitely come, I just don't know when yet.

Omega_2
July 1st, 2008, 20:09
@ Lordus
Yeah, that did sound weird after I posted it. It was 11 PM, and I'm not in a right state of 'mind' at the moment. It was to clarify what I had originally posted :p

Oh, before I forget, would it help the emulator if I got a 3-in-1 expansion pack? Uh, here> http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-size-p-212.html ?

Aerolite
July 4th, 2008, 05:14
If i implement support for 3MB games, then smaller games would still work, too, of course. The support will definitely come, I just don't know when yet.

3MB games? I didn't even know there were any 3MB games; I thought they jumped from 2MB to 4MB. :o

Anyway, speaking of large ROM support, and I don't mean to sound naggy, but what are the chances of 4MB support in the next release? Pretty much all of my old games are 4MB, so without 4MB support, I'm without them...
If this is possible, would I be correct in assuming that I'll need a RAM expansion for this ability, considering the DS only has 4MB of RAM itself?

SirDaShadow
July 5th, 2008, 02:39
3MB games? I didn't even know there were any 3MB games; I thought they jumped from 2MB to 4MB. :o
?

IIRC, Phantasy Star 2 was the first 6mbit game for the Sega MD/Genesis. Am I correct?

SirDaShadow
July 5th, 2008, 02:42
IIRC, Phantasy Star 2 was the first 6mbit game for the Sega MD/Genesis. Am I correct?

Oops..read that wrong....3MB is 24mbit...the first game for MD/Genesis that is 24mbit was Street Fighter Special Champion Edition/Dash Plus.

Aerolite
July 12th, 2008, 05:23
Hey Lordus, just a quick question..
If you were to add 4MB support, do you know if the Sonic & Knuckles 'lock-on' ROMs will work correctly (E.g. Sonic 3 & Knuckles)?
In case you don't know, these are basically just S&K ROMs with either Sonic 1, 2 or 3 appended to the end of them, thus making a 4MB ROM. That being the case, I'm curious to know if your emulator will support them natively, or if you'll have to add extra code to support them.

Omega_2
July 12th, 2008, 21:50
Hey Lordus, just a quick question..
If you were to add 4MB support, do you know if the Sonic & Knuckles 'lock-on' ROMs will work correctly (E.g. Sonic 3 & Knuckles)?
In case you don't know, these are basically just S&K ROMs with either Sonic 1, 2 or 3 appended to the end of them, thus making a 4MB ROM. That being the case, I'm curious to know if your emulator will support them natively, or if you'll have to add extra code to support them.

This is the game I would play on it, I enjoy this one, most of all, best of luck on implementing large rom support.:thumbup:

Kyranik
July 13th, 2008, 00:59
@ Lordus
Yeah, that did sound weird after I posted it. It was 11 PM, and I'm not in a right state of 'mind' at the moment. It was to clarify what I had originally posted :p

Oh, before I forget, would it help the emulator if I got a 3-in-1 expansion pack? Uh, here> http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-size-p-212.html ?

It won't yet.

ching222b
July 13th, 2008, 11:18
it doesnt work nither does the other that komes with it

tttyyyyyyyy
July 13th, 2008, 14:29
Epic!

AntiSephiroth
July 23rd, 2008, 19:38
Nice work. An improvement from the last release. Nice to see new releases.

Sir_Voe
July 23rd, 2008, 21:04
The version in this topic is not the latest. Currently the newest build of jenesisDs is 0.7.4.

jesus 666
July 28th, 2008, 20:56
Please, please, need horizontal scaling!!! can nothing at all be done? can't you just, like, removes every other line of graphics or something? if the worst comes to the worst you could make a deal with the devil or something, it'd be worth it.

Spidery_Yoda
July 29th, 2008, 10:22
Please, please, need horizontal scaling!!! can nothing at all be done? can't you just, like, removes every other line of graphics or something? if the worst comes to the worst you could make a deal with the devil or something, it'd be worth it.

The short answer is no, nothing can be done.

Here's Lordus' long answer.

I'm trying to relax now, when i hear the scaling question for the 100th time, but it's not always easy ;)
No, the screen can't be scaled like NeoDS does it. If I could do that, then I can tell you that I would, instead of having stupid workarounds like panning and the follow d-pad option.
The NeoGeo composes it's screen almost entirely out of sprites, that NeoDS renders in 3D. With 3D it's relatively easy to scale the whole thing.
The Genesis has 2 background layers and 1 sprite layer, each of which can have high or low priorities (selectable on a per tile basis). So effectively the screen can be composed out of 6 layers. To do this with the DS hardware i need all the 4 backgrounds it offers. Just 2 of those backgrounds can be scaled in hardware, and software scaling is out of the question.
The other alternative is software rendering, where you compose a bitmap out of all Genesis layers, which you can then draw on a single DS background and scale it in hardware.
The downside of this is, that it is incredibly slow. I can tell you, that a typical PC Genesis emulator probably spends about 50% of all its time in software rendering. That's a more than the emulation of the 2 CPUs takes (except the CPU cores are very unoptimized).

crookedmouth
July 30th, 2008, 04:01

.4a had a Software renderer that had scaling but no sound.Heres a link.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=19743&d=1184545735

Have you tried 7.4 follow D-pad option?,I haven't but worth a try.

I think the psp and gp2x can do scaling(don't quote me), wouldn't those options be cheaper then soul selling? :)

DanTheManMS
July 31st, 2008, 12:04

Please, please, please realize it's not possible! You can remove any row you wish (hence why vertical scaling is possible and is already implemented), but you cannot remove a column at a time.

As crookedmouth stated, if you MUST have horizontal scaling, use v0.4a. It'll be slower, soundless, and require frameskip, but you'll be able to scale the whole screen.

jesus 666
August 4th, 2008, 03:09
Please, please, please realize it's not possible! You can remove any row you wish (hence why vertical scaling is possible and is already implemented), but you cannot remove a column at a time.

As crookedmouth stated, if you MUST have horizontal scaling, use v0.4a. It'll be slower, soundless, and require frameskip, but you'll be able to scale the whole screen.

Thats really saddening :(, so basicaly Megadrive emulation will never be worthwhile on the DS, maybe I'll have to think about getting a PSP of one of those GP2X things (though I'd rather not tbh)

I think the psp and gp2x can do scaling(don't quote me)Yeah I'm pretty sure they can, in fact my Zodiac 2 I bought in 2004 could emulate the Megadrive pretty flawlessly (unfortunately those things where built like chocolate houses in.... er.... a really sunny place)

crookedmouth
August 4th, 2008, 03:31
Thats really saddening :(, so basicaly Megadrive emulation will never be worthwhile on the DS, maybe I'll have to think about getting a PSP of one of those GP2X things (though I'd rather not tbh)

I don't see how your statement could be true, "basically" or not. How does lack of horizontal scaling, equate to "never being worthwhile"

Like in the frodo thread, I'm not defending anything really, just questioning your logic. :)

Remember, if you buy a PSP "slim", it can only be downgraded with a "Pandora" battery or whatever it's called. Try before you buy, so your sure you can use a custom firmware.
The only way I'm buying one if it is at a yard sale for under $60 or so.

Spidery_Yoda
August 4th, 2008, 16:38
The lack of horizontal scaling really isn't that big an issue...

Oz1571
August 5th, 2008, 00:16
Do the roms have to be in a specific format for jEnesisDS to be able to run them? Apparently jEnesisDS can't find my genesis roms. My roms have the '.md' extension.

I used to have a rom with the .bin extension and it was able to find that fine, so.. Should I just rename all of them?

jesus 666
August 5th, 2008, 03:05
The lack of horizontal scaling really isn't that big an issue...
The lack of horizontal scaling kills all horizontal shoot-em-ups stone dead, it halves the amount of time you have to react in a one hit kill environment.

DanTheManMS
August 6th, 2008, 23:03
Have you tried jEnesisDS v0.4a? Or PicoDriveDS? They have horizontal scaling. Use them.

crookedmouth
August 9th, 2008, 05:06
You could also turn off vertical scaling. :)

Most "shmups" use 4 direction movement anyway, so theoretically, any shooter is unplayable in your book?

jesus 666
August 10th, 2008, 17:11
You could also turn off vertical scaling. :)

Most "shmups" use 4 direction movement anyway, so theoretically, any shooter is unplayable in your book?

I don't know what you're on about half the time and I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't either, when a developer creates a game they factor in how long you have between seeing the enemy and getting hit by it, most players stay relatively central in the screen and a bit to the left, so that you have time to see the enemy from both directions, I don't see why you have such trouble understanding the concept of less visible screen = less reaction time.

Also I never ever put vertical scaling on unless I have no choice, why the hell would I want to make all the game characters look like ridiculous fat dwarves?

crookedmouth
August 11th, 2008, 04:00
I don't know what you're on about half the time and I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't either, when a developer creates a game they factor in how long you have between seeing the enemy and getting hit by it, most players stay relatively central in the screen and a bit to the left, so that you have time to see the enemy from both directions, I don't see why you have such trouble understanding the concept of less visible screen = less reaction time.

Also I never ever put vertical scaling on unless I have no choice, why the hell would I want to make all the game characters look like ridiculous fat dwarves?

It was a bad mistaken joke, lighten up. What else have I said that makes no sense?
I'm not the one calling jenesisDS "not worthwhile" and claiming there is some sort of time cut-off of weather a c64 game can be deemed good or bad.

xdave
August 11th, 2008, 17:01
hiho..

anyone knows how i can get
MEGA MAN WILY WARS to run on this emu?

Ive got 3 .bin files none of it starts up..so ive tries sonic&knuckles to find out if its running something. That game works.
Perhaps so can help i want to play Megaman 1-3 wit better GFX ;)

jesus 666
August 11th, 2008, 18:00
It was a bad mistaken joke, lighten up. What else have I said that makes no sense?
I'm not the one calling jenesisDS "not worthwhile" and claiming there is some sort of time cut-off of weather a c64 game can be deemed good or bad.

Ignore me I tend to be defensive and overly confrontational on forums i'm not used to, I can't help it.

Perhaps so can help i want to play Megaman 1-3 wit better GFX ;)
Better Graphics but god awful gameplay, stick with the NES ones.

crookedmouth
August 12th, 2008, 03:37
Ignore me I tend to be defensive and overly confrontational on forums i'm not used to, I can't help it.

No worries, and I didn't make any sense in that reply about vertical scaling anyway.
I usually know what I'm talking about, maybe a little more then half the time. :)

Plus I try to be helpful, for instance, I just tried every configuration I could for Megaman:WW to see if I could get it working for xdave, it doesn't work.

DC237
August 13th, 2008, 20:07
Do I need to rename .sms files to get them to work?

Great emulator, btw -- works excellent!

jimmyjinx
August 16th, 2008, 23:49
do this emu work with the itouch, if so can anyone tell me how

Lordus
August 17th, 2008, 00:30

Does any Nintendo DS game work with the iTouch? In short: No.

dave auto
August 17th, 2008, 05:58
I just tried every configuration I could for Megaman:WW to see if I could get it working for xdave, it doesn't work.

xdave, the version of Wily Wars you want to try is this one:
Rockman Megaworld (J) [a1][!].bin
That was the only version of it I could get working, but rest assured it does work. Cheers :)

Steely
August 17th, 2008, 07:38

iTouch, nope. iTouchDS, however, yeah. And I think that's what you mean. ;)

jimmyjinx
August 17th, 2008, 11:15
does anyone have a guide for the ItouchDS

bmanices
September 5th, 2008, 01:28
hey guys, just got my ds lite and r4 today and can't for the life of me get jenesis to work. i can get games to load and i get to the point where the bottom screen tells me that the game is 'now playing', but the top screen stays blank. i have tried patching with dldi but this made no difference. any ideas? (im using an 8GB microsd if that's important) cheers

crookedmouth
September 5th, 2008, 03:46
hey guys, just got my ds lite and r4 today and can't for the life of me get jenesis to work. i can get games to load and i get to the point where the bottom screen tells me that the game is 'now playing', but the top screen stays blank. i have tried patching with dldi but this made no difference. any ideas? (im using an 8GB microsd if that's important) cheers

The R4 is only capable of using up to 2GB MicroSD cards, it is not compatible with the MicroSDHC, sorry.
I believe any MicroSD above 2GB is the "High Capacity".
There was a rumor of some "New" R4 with the SDHC branded on the front of it, but think that was fake.

bmanices
September 5th, 2008, 13:06
i dunno man, it works fine with regular DS games, snemulDS and some commodore 64 emulator i downloaded. is the 8gb problem just specific to jenesis? thanks for your help!

crookedmouth
September 6th, 2008, 00:17
Wow, is it a SDHC?

DanTheManMS
September 6th, 2008, 05:27
There are "R4 v3" devices out there with SDHC, but they are clones, not original R4 products. Regardless, have you tried using a different microSD card? In theory it should work with any size card, but perhaps 8 GB is more than it can handle.

Also make sure you're not trying to launch any game larger than 3 MB. Try a regular Sonic game to test, as those are known to work.

F2bnp
September 6th, 2008, 11:57
Anyone managed to run Sonic 3D yet?

bmanices
September 6th, 2008, 13:41
yeah its sdhc. dunno if the r4 is genuine or not cos i got i didnt get it new in the box. it just says 'r4 revolution for ds' on it. anywho i tried jenesis on a 2gig card i managed to dig it out and i was in business.
forgive my shocking n00bishness, but having read the whole preceding vertical/horizontal scaling debate would i be right in saying there's no way to shrink games down so they fit entirely on the screen? thanx for the help!

Epohax
September 15th, 2008, 20:05
Some games (on SMS and/or Genesis) detect the hardware region and show different graphics or even language depending on it. So what you see is what would happen if you played the game on a Japanese console.
The released version of ApprenticeMinusDS is fixed to Japanese region, so that's all there is to it. I already implemented a region setting shortly after i released it, but haven't done much else on it, so that it's not really worth it to release another version just for that. If i release another version sometime, it will have it though..

Hello Lordus. I was having the same question as the person you replied to (Wonderboy 2 language in Japanese, although we use a EU ROM).

Any chance on fixing this? Is it necessary to release a new version of the program, or can I do something myself?

Thank you for your hard work!

ds benjmin
September 15th, 2008, 22:12
oops older version forum :rofl: :confused: :confused:

Lordus
September 15th, 2008, 22:23
Hello Lordus. I was having the same question as the person you replied to (Wonderboy 2 language in Japanese, although we use a EU ROM).

Any chance on fixing this? Is it necessary to release a new version of the program, or can I do something myself?

Thank you for your hard work!

The newest version of ApprenticeMinusDS (0.4.0) has a region select option.

Epohax
September 16th, 2008, 06:23
Thank you. I reached this forum post while searching on Google, and since the replies in this thread were fairly recent, it didn't occur to me that a new version would be out there somewhere.

I did a Google search on the newer version, and tested it. It works perfectly. Wonder Boy in Monster Land, here I come!

Thank you so much!

fatpants
September 22nd, 2008, 22:54
hi, i have the emulater for ds, do you know where i can get hold of the game roms?, been searching everywhere!. i desperately want decap attack, any help much appreciated

crookedmouth
September 23rd, 2008, 07:45
hi, i have the emulater for ds, do you know where i can get hold of the game roms?, been searching everywhere!. i desperately want decap attack, any help much appreciated

By "searching everywhere" do you mean around your house or something?
They make these new fangled search thingies, I typed "decap attack genesis rom" into one they call Google.(without the quotes)
I know brilliant, the way I typed what I was looking for and bam! :)
Sorry for the sarcasm but sheesh ;P

fatpants
September 23rd, 2008, 09:06
Here a little update to jEnesisDS, my Genesis/MegaDrive emulator for the Nintendo DS.

Changes:

- Fixed bug in Z80 core, preventing some games from having sound (Wonderboy, etc.).
- Fixed bug in 68000 optimization, that could make some games hang (Bonanza Brothers, etc.).
- Changed sound handling and doubled sample rate for PCM sound, resulting in slightly better sound quality.
- HW renderer partially rewritten, many glitches should be gone, some are still there (and will probably not be easy to fix ever)
- Sprite rendering completely rewritten in ASM. Should be faster and fix most of the sprite issues.
- Many little optimizations in memory handling and the CPU cores. Should reduce slowdowns.
- Added option for sprite masking (Landstalker etc.). It is not 100% emulated, just faked to be enough for most games using it (disable it, if sprites are missing, that should be there).
- Added option to change between 3- and 6-Button pad (just works, if the option is applied BEFORE loading a game). When 6-Button pad is disabled, L+R can be used to move the visible screen area, X to center it.

Oh, before i forget, the archive contains a preview version of a SMS/Gamegear emulator for the DS, that i have been working on a bit.

What it can do so far:
- Enhanced Z80 ASM core used in jEnesisDS.
- SMS/GG emulation.
- 10 Savestates per game.
- Rewind and fast forward feature.
- Settings can be saved per game.
- Fully rendered by the DS 2D hardware.
- Perfect sync option, that actually syncs every scanline (emulated scanline to DS scanline).
This option is more accurate, and needed for some games to look correctly, but it can be problematic to use it, when "Rewind" is enabled.
- sample accurate (almost ;P) PSG emulation.
- Stereo sound for GG games.

Known issues:
- timing is not exactly correct yet, so some games might not work, or have glitches.
- No FM emulation (yet?)
- Sprite updates need to be improved, sometimes there can be glitched sprites atm.
- Interface practically ripped from jEnesisDS ;)
- Many more, that i don't remember now..

As always, please leave feedback in this thread.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

Addition by Wraggster

If you use jEnesisDS please donate to Lordus (https://www.paypal.com/de/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&[email protected]&item_name=jEnesisDS_donation&currency_code=EUR) so he can make this emulator even better :)
hi, i only joined this forum yesterday, looking for a sega megadrive emulater for ds.. & here i am. great forum. please help, i have the emulater now on my ds edge card, i just cant for the life of me find any game roms for it?!, looked everywhere. my favourite megadrive/genesis game was decap attack, i have seen posts stating this is available & very good quality, so please someone point me in the right direction. i will be very very greatful!. thank you. mark :)

crookedmouth
September 24th, 2008, 03:45
Wow, it's illegal to talk about commercial roms here, yes even old ones. Did you even read my post above?
Use Google,then lets think about what we are searching for.
What Keywords would I possibly use?
Let's see it's a Genesis game, it's a Rom and it's name is Decap Attack, I don't know type what you think is best in the Search Area, press Search button. Click the 1st or 3rd item from the search results(if you figured out the keywords from my cryptic sentence above). Then look for the elusive Download this Rom button. What I've typed may still be against the rules but it may circumvent them. I don't really know why I'm helping.
Honestly is google searching really that hard?

Also there is a newer version of jenesisDS

jEnesisDS 0.7.4
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119510&highlight=jenesis

db73
September 30th, 2008, 23:34
Tried jenesisDS today. Really good emulator. Simple interface & very easy to use. Most ROMS I tried fired up without much trouble. Some hitches with some of them but on the hole things worked pretty well. Game speed was good as was the sound. Shame about the screen size problem but the reason that can't be fixed has been well explained by the guy behind jenesisDS ellswhere.

Anyone got Gunstar Heroes running okay? It crashed for me the first time the screen got busy (about 3 seconds into the game!). I was doubtful the emu could handle this game as it's just so busy. Virtual Racing didn't seem to work either. Would love to play that again. Gauntlet loaded oaky but I couldn't control the character. Had some serious graphical glitches with some other games but many run pretty sweetly & it's great to have these on the DS to play again.

BTW, did SEGA ever do a version of Alien Syndrome for the Mega DRive/Genesis? I'm still looking for the definitive home version of that classic. Wii version coming out soon but it looks like they have fooked with the concept way to much for my liking.

babujbf
November 5th, 2008, 08:26
yeah um still with the screen to big, I know you guys said about the horizontal scaling but where is it? I got straight to file browser

crookedmouth
November 5th, 2008, 23:55
yeah um still with the screen to big, I know you guys said about the horizontal scaling but where is it? I got straight to file browser

lol, good one! Thanks!

wait, your not joking?

davu
December 17th, 2008, 19:54
thanks for this

keeper666
December 22nd, 2008, 16:49
Any one knows a work around for the horizontal scaling ?

Cause when you're playing a pinball games like psycho pinball, it's a little pain in the a... :P

Thanks

brock1118
December 22nd, 2008, 19:34
Hey Lordus, like most of the people who read this, we are all looking for answers, and like everyone else, I appreciate all the help and knowledge that you share with us. I us an m3 card for my ds and I run jenesisds through it. It starts up fine and when I go to load a game, nothing happens. I tried downloading the DSOrganizeMMD.zip and loaded it straight on the card, and when I run the DSO, I don't get a magnifying glass/folder to click on to run jenesis. Does it have anything to do with my m3 real? I even tried changing my settings, but there is nothing I can change that would make a difference. Once again, I appreciate your help, and I wouldn't doubt if you answered this question before, and if you have I am sorry for making you repeat yourself. There is only so much I guy can read, and I just get more confused because everyone uses different cards, and programs.
Brock1118

ethd
December 22nd, 2008, 22:16
Before anything else:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119510
There's a new version out and there has been for quite a while now.

Any one knows a work around for the horizontal scaling ?

Cause when you're playing a pinball games like psycho pinball, it's a little pain in the a... :P

Thanks
The best workaround I can think of is enabling the "Follow DPad" option (You need jEnesisDS 0.7.4, you'll find it in the topic I mentioned above). Alternatively, push the L and R buttons depending on where you want the screen to go.

words
I don't quite follow you. If you've got jEnesisDS 0.7.4, it doesn't seem to load at all through DSOrganize. If you've got jEnesisDS 0.7, try switching your DSO loader around. If you were trying the internal loader, try Mighty Max. If you were trying Mighty Max, try Chishm. Just switch around loaders.
Or were you actually able to load jEnesisDS via DSO? If so, make sure that your DSO is DLDI patched, because I'm pretty sure DSO patches stuff automatically.
I don't have an M3 Real, so I can't help much, I'm afraid.
Also, would you mind using a bit better grammar? You're a tad hard to understand at the moment.

Hope I helped, people. I'm trying.

crookedmouth
December 23rd, 2008, 05:05
Hey Lordus, like most of the people who read this, we are all looking for answers, and like everyone else, I appreciate all the help and knowledge that you share with us. I us an m3 card for my ds and I run jenesisds through it. It starts up fine and when I go to load a game, nothing happens. I tried downloading the DSOrganizeMMD.zip and loaded it straight on the card, and when I run the DSO, I don't get a magnifying glass/folder to click on to run jenesis. Does it have anything to do with my m3 real? I even tried changing my settings, but there is nothing I can change that would make a difference. Once again, I appreciate your help, and I wouldn't doubt if you answered this question before, and if you have I am sorry for making you repeat yourself. There is only so much I guy can read, and I just get more confused because everyone uses different cards, and programs.
Brock1118

The DSOrganizeMMD.zip was a workaround for the MaxMediaDock device.JenesisDS .07 would freeze on the GnM and MMD when you touched the screen or tried to load a game. The zip file has DSO patched for the MMD.

Which M3 device are you using?

Try prepatching JenesisDS.nds for your device even if it has autopatching.

I suppose you could try using DSO or Spinal's Menu to load Jenesis. This was the workaround for the GnM and MMD as mentioned above but worth a shot.

ethd
December 24th, 2008, 01:17
Which M3 device are you using?

Brock1118
:thumbup:

crookedmouth
December 24th, 2008, 12:08
:thumbup:

Okay,did you try pre-patching jenesisDS?

You could try the other workarounds.

run through DScision's menu
http://spinal.dizidesigns.co.uk/dsision.php

Or DSOrganize

ethd
December 25th, 2008, 23:02
I can confirm that DSision works on all versions of jEnesisDS I've tried on both my EDGE and Games n' Music cards. However, DSOrganize doesn't work with the newest version of jEnesisDS 0.7.4.
Just keep tweaking. If you can't get one version to work, try another. Use several loaders; the internal loader doesn't always work best.

FerrSV
January 23rd, 2009, 17:51
Hello all!

First of all I want to thank Lordus for giving us this fantastic emulator.

Well now my question, maybe a lil silly.

I tried Apprentice Minus DS, and with some games (Sonic Triple Trouble for example) it runs slow. The issue is solved if I enable the CPU Overclocking option but my question is... can this option enabled be dangerous for the DS CPU?

Sorry if it sounds silly, but I need to know if its safe:p

Thanks

ronmoody
February 1st, 2009, 23:52
Thanks for the great emulator Lordus :thumbup:

bionik
February 16th, 2009, 08:31

I have the same problem. It's like touch screen would "click" on itself. I have screen protectors, but I don't have the same problem in any other games. It's like the touch screen sensitivity is much more sensitive in this jEnesisDS-emulator than in other games (homebrew also). I like the emu a lot though, works like a charm otherwise!

Could you please help me in this :)

Runite
February 24th, 2009, 13:26
Hi there i'm new here and i've been trying to play using jEnesisDS but it's not even loading the games, can someone help me?

P.S. I have a DS Lite with a R4 and the system is the most recent.

I'll be glad for any help.

Sir_Voe
February 24th, 2009, 17:33
Hi there i'm new here and i've been trying to play using jEnesisDS but it's not even loading the games, can someone help me?

P.S. I have a DS Lite with a R4 and the system is the most recent.

I'll be glad for any help.

So you are able to select a game, but it doesn't run? What games in particular, and what is the file extention?
Also, this is not the latest version. Do a search for v0.7.4 if you aren't already using it, it has some nice updated features.

ZoeSakuraPapillion
May 24th, 2009, 18:21
OMFG THIS IS SOOOOO COOOL! Thank you so much! :3

btw im using a CycloDS Evolution, and besides some screen scrunching and some clipping of things like the SEGA logo and some sprites, it works FANTASTIC!

Are you using Steve Snake's YM2612 core?

EDIT: Severe glitching in Devil's Course 3-D Golf.

Glitching on the polygonal Treasure logo in Gunstar Heroes.

Technocop does not load (and nothing of value was lost?)

Nor does Super Fantasy Zone.

Alien Soldier freezes at SEGA screen.

Gain Ground moves terrain along with character select cycle. 0_o

Ecco the Dolphin is boring - but this is probably not a fault of the emulator. :3

mano-obe
May 30th, 2009, 10:18
Does DSorganize work on the R4 card? I didn't get it to work at all even with the patches

I am new to it all so I am unsure

Emulator is good :D I was just curious about the dsorganize workthrough

crookedmouth
May 30th, 2009, 14:05
Does DSorganize work on the R4 card? I didn't get it to work at all even with the patches

I am new to it all so I am unsure

Emulator is good :D I was just curious about the dsorganize workthrough

This is not a thread about DSO but anyway my advice for DSO is to download DSOrganize version 3.1129 and the R4/M3 custom exec_stub file.

http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize (http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize)

Put the Custom exec_stub File for R4 in DSOrginize/Resources on your card.

Pre-patch DSOrganize.nds and place it anywhere on your card.

Should work.

If you have further questions, Post in a DSOrganize thread.

hot.dick.cop.killer
July 9th, 2009, 21:02
woo thanks!

TheSynGame
September 14th, 2009, 16:31
Any way you can add support to sonic? Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic 2 with Knuckles doesn't work on it.

jaffacakelover
September 16th, 2009, 16:15
As I remember those carts are over 3MB: too big.
I wish they'd work too.

kasek
February 4th, 2010, 01:03
hi sry didnt wanna read the whole thread but how do you save your game using apprenticeminusds or is it even possible thanks