PDA

View Full Version : 70 Sonic Chronicles screenshots

Shrygue
April 21st, 2008, 17:47
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187389)

Sega has slipped us seventy screen shots of Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, but has still managed to avoid spoiling anything about the game.

Amongst the batch is a series of shots taken from the same combat sequence. If you click on the next button really quickly, you can see how combat will play out, if the combat had a frame rate of about two frames per second.

It seems a lot like a Final Fantasy game. Except with rings appearing after an attack, which you have to tap with the stylus in order to get a bonus.

Also shown is a menu screen elaborating on an attack called Halestorm. This is all speculative, but considering it lists a specific team line-up below the description, we bet you need those characters in your party in order to pull it off.

Aside from that, it all looks like business-as-usual in the world of BioWare Sonic.

Many screenshots here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=196237)

Akoi Meexx
April 21st, 2008, 19:46
God I hope those aren't the final graphics.

AuroraKnight
April 21st, 2008, 20:15
I think it looks pretty good, tho I'm really curious to see what all Sonic can do in a RPG battle. I've never really seen him as much of a RPG type, it'll be odd to see his move list and what they do to keep it interesting

JKKDARK
April 21st, 2008, 20:26
Even with these graphics, I still like the game. I only care about the gameplay mainly :)

Akoi Meexx
April 21st, 2008, 21:53
Oh, don't get me wrong. Sonic has always been and always will be my Favorite Character. I will most likely get this game because: A) It has Sonic, B) It's an RPG. But from what I see there the characters just don't match well with the scenery, the backgrounds, or much of anything. They look like scaled versions of the console variety. Even the monsters stick out as granular against the smooth backdrops in the battle sequences.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed, is all. :)