PDA

View Full Version : GameTap: Full-speed DC Emualtor.

skelpaff
September 14th, 2005, 06:02
GameTap (www.gametap.com) appears to have a working DC emu, called "DCX". I've never heard of this before, but my memory is foggy, but I'm thinking it's going to be an internal Sega project.

Only Mr. Driller and Hydro Thunder are available through GameTap right now, but the emulator itself seems to be generic. The emu itself is packed and hidden within the data files, but a process dump shows the following strings of interest:

Daytona1
SoulCaliburHack1
MarvelCapcomHack1
gauntHack1
SonicHack1
hydroHack
NFLHack1
NFLHack2
CHUCHUHack1
EccoHack1

The fact that exists is interesting, if nothing else. As news spreads of its existence, one wonders when/if it'll be extraced out and "released".

quzar
September 14th, 2005, 07:51
the website has absolutely no information on it about anything, nor does it have any downloads. post where you obtained this information from.

best info i found was from an interview ""In addition to hiring a fantastic team of content people," says Lewin, "we've also, over the last two years, collected a nice 'who's who' list of emulation experts. We've licensed a lot of code, and we've written some ourselves. The Sega Dreamcast [emulator] is our own, we'll have our own Saturn [emulator]."

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20050622/handy_01.shtml

I will love to get ahold of that thing and tear it apart looking for any sort of material from other emulators (icarus, chankast, dcemu)

skelpaff
September 14th, 2005, 20:42
I obtained the information from myself. It's part of the GameTap pre-release launch (not yet public, it seems, but being handed out to those who sign up). Given the maturity and accuracy of it, I have serious doubts anything was taken from existing emus.

Cap'n 1time
September 14th, 2005, 20:58
I obtained the information from myself. It's part of the GameTap pre-release launch (not yet public, it seems, but being handed out to those who sign up). Given the maturity and accuracy of it, I have serious doubts anything was taken from existing emus.

its interesting, and almost insulting to think that they wouldnt consult the our own DC gurus. DCemu and DCemulation has always had a more mainstream scene. I think most likely its gonna have at least a taste of icarus in it.

please explain.. is this thing comercial or somthing? i dont get it.

mh777
September 14th, 2005, 21:12
GameTap, from what I understand, is some sort of commercial emulation project covering a large range of systems. And that's pretty much all I know about it.