PDA

View Full Version : Colin Macrae Rally 2005

julie2319
September 14th, 2005, 09:48
Hi I just purchased colin macrae rally for my PSP version 1.5 and when i placed umd into machine has asked me to upgrade software or wont be able to play game. It has the upgrade on the Umd to upgrade to version 1.52 but I dont wanna change as I wanna install homebrew.
Is there a way of getting game to play without doing the upgrade on the UMD.
Japanese version PSP
Australian Version Colin Macrae.

Kpow
September 14th, 2005, 14:22
No

SoQb0nc5r
September 14th, 2005, 14:30
i upgraded my psp to 2.00 and am playin this game, mainly cos gta is coming out soon, so have to upgrade anyway

alexh
September 14th, 2005, 14:48
Yes.

You can fool a game into thinking a 1.50 is a later firmware so that newer games will run and you still keep your ability to run homebrew.

Do NOT upgrade or you will loose the best feature of the PSP ;)

You use the WAB (http://www.wab.com) version changer v2 or something similar. This changes the version number value of your firmware, nothing else.

You can change to 1.52, 2.00 etc.

SoQb0nc5r
September 14th, 2005, 16:35
Yes.

You can fool a game into thinking a 1.50 is a later firmware so that newer games will run and you still keep your ability to run homebrew.

You use the WAB (http://www.wab.com) version changer v2 or something similar. This changes the version number value of your firmware, nothing else.

and i upgraded for nothin? :confused: :(

nah, homebrew games are old, slow and uses more battery life, thats y i upgraded ^^

F34R
September 14th, 2005, 21:02
and i upgraded for nothin? :confused: :(

nah, homebrew games are old, slow and uses more battery life, thats y i upgraded ^^

Dont kid yourself. The games may be old, but they take up hardly any space. Its good to have the option to play them when you are taking a break from the PSP games. They arent slow, and they dont use more battery life.

The only thing you have right in your post is that the games are old. Thats only applies to classic games played on emulators. There are new homebrew games coming out all the time. Some are even fun, and others are a blast.

You upgraded for nothing.

julie2319
September 16th, 2005, 07:34
Yes.

Thanks Alexh , i did what you suggested and it works great.
Fools the PSP into thinking it has later version firmware and allows to play Colin Mcrae rally. Then just change it back over to 1.5 again.

Yoshimax
September 17th, 2005, 13:31
I recommend running the UMD via Fastloader (I used V0.7) as the game is a whole lot smoother if you up the clock speed to 333mhz - In fact, I reckon it was designed to be played at 333.

Same thing applies to Wipeout - The difference in the frame-rate is incredible.