PDA

View Full Version : SNES9X v.2 LoPsT. 2 Wiimotes support and Classic Control

wraggster
April 22nd, 2008, 01:44
Lopst has released a new version of the SNes Emu for the Wii With Support for 2 Wiimotes and Classic Controllers.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kingslime80
April 22nd, 2008, 01:50
What's the full list of features for this one?

RobertFC
April 22nd, 2008, 02:11
Ummm... the second download listed is not Lopst's version, but mine with the sourcecode.

misticknight
April 22nd, 2008, 02:15
does this release have ENglish or is it still only Spanish?

masterchief929
April 22nd, 2008, 02:44
THIS IS AWESOME!!!! I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE WII HOMEBREW SCENE!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

*pant* ok, im done screaming and yelling. this really is awesomr though!

turtleman6431
April 22nd, 2008, 02:55
It's in english, right? lol I'll just check when I get on me wii.

Thanks, great post.

crouchingleech
April 22nd, 2008, 03:08
Can this load saves from other versions of SNES9X? I think I'm using the official one and I'd like to continue from where I am in games, but remote support would be cool.

metalhead1816
April 22nd, 2008, 04:34
I put the first file 2 wiimotes into renaming it boot.elf and it took me to the screen but did nothing. What else do I have to do to get the games to work. If it invovles making a file for the roms how do I extract them to do that if it would be the case

kingslime80
April 22nd, 2008, 04:59
As in other versions make a folder on the ROOT of the SD card names "Roms" and put the unzipped roms in there. If your system doesn't unzip by itself you can use Winzip or PKUnzip. I don't think the system can unzip the files by itself.

nambit
April 22nd, 2008, 07:03
:thumbup:
WOW! This one works great! Even the shoulder buttons
are working properly and + is now start on the Classic
Controller. It's finally here! Even if not in English, this
works great.

clockworkjb
April 22nd, 2008, 08:47
No, unfortunately nambit, this release does not work like a charm, the timing issues are still there from before, 50hz mode runs some games such as Megaman X too slowly, while 60hz mode runs all games too quickly. The sound is still bugged in places, see the title screen of MMX or Bowser's castle on SMB1 on All-Stars. Oddly, Starfox works at the correct speed in 50hz mode right up until you get to the first level.

It's great that people are trying to fix all the issues, but the really important ones like timing and sound are being neglected, instead of releasing a new version every day, people should work towards making a release free of as many bugs as possible.

linkinworm
April 22nd, 2008, 10:20
No, unfortunately nambit, this release does not work like a charm, the timing issues are still there from before, 50hz mode runs some games such as Megaman X too slowly, while 60hz mode runs all games too quickly. The sound is still bugged in places, see the title screen of MMX or Bowser's castle on SMB1 on All-Stars. Oddly, Starfox works at the correct speed in 50hz mode right up until you get to the first level.

It's great that people are trying to fix all the issues, but the really important ones like timing and sound are being neglected, instead of releasing a new version every day, people should work towards making a release free of as many bugs as possible.
strange mario bros1 on all stars works perfect for me i havent had any issues with this yet

linkinworm
April 22nd, 2008, 10:29
i noticed that in the sorce there was nunchuk support, does it work on the emulator?

turtleman6431
April 22nd, 2008, 16:58
Since there's a source code, is there any chance somebody'll be able to translate? (I would, but I don't know what program to use to compile or edit the source.)

linkinworm
April 22nd, 2008, 17:36
Since there's a source code, is there any chance somebody'll be able to translate? (I would, but I don't know what program to use to compile or edit the source.) i had a look but i couldnt find anything spanish, iv not worked on wii so i dunno where to find the menu code

lever
April 22nd, 2008, 18:43
sadly, it's still not support front sd card saving.

icecoolwas
April 22nd, 2008, 19:45
sadly, it's still not support front sd card saving.

Damn it..

I dont know crap all about Java C++ programming, i do know html css javascript so i do have a basic understanding of coding.. anyway what software do i start with to compile programs for the wii?

metalhead1816
April 23rd, 2008, 00:10
Ok if someone could help me out here. I am new to this stuff and everywhere I've been people have been jerks to me expecting me to already understand this. I am a newbie at this never tried anything like it in my life. I know how to put change the file to boot.elf, i need to know how to put the roms in correctly so i can get them to work. Do i just go to the folder that says roms and place it in the sd card? Because there are two files in there and I am not sure if I need both. Also if I want to use more than one emulator on my sd card what should I do as far as folders and such since it wont let me have two boot.elf on the root of the sd card. If someone could please help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it. I would love to be able to play this awesome thing everyone else is enjoying. If you dont want to post on here and feel more comfortable doing so with my e--mail address here it is [email protected] Thank You

metalhead1816
April 23rd, 2008, 00:52
Ok new update I learned how to do everything except where to get roms, what file to put in, and how to properly file it so the roms can work.

lever
April 23rd, 2008, 01:24
woow, it can be save game into front sd card with Spanish version! there is choose 'MemCard: Wii SD' instead of 'SDCard: Wii SD' in the save/load menu.

kingslime80
April 23rd, 2008, 01:55
If your using an SD card forget about the .dol file. Until someone elde says otherwise it is not necessary to play the games. Next you put the boot.elf on the root along with a folder called roms. Your roms will go in here. Make sure they're unziped or the ii can't read them.

As for finding roms it is not permited to tell someone on the forums, but using Google should get half-decent results. If you can't find a good site PM me and I'll send you a link for one I use. I DO suggest trying your own first though.

Best of luck. :)

metalhead1816
April 23rd, 2008, 02:18
I have everything down except the part you said about making sure they're unziped. Now is it unziped when the file says for example rom.nes and has no listing of the games on it. If that is wrong then how do I extract them because I right clicked and it doesn't say unzip them it says to zip them as an option. Sorry if everything is confusing but this time I have the right words to what I meant all along.

SatmanDTV
April 23rd, 2008, 06:02
I have everything down except the part you said about making sure they're unziped. Now is it unziped when the file says for example rom.nes and has no listing of the games on it. If that is wrong then how do I extract them because I right clicked and it doesn't say unzip them it says to zip them as an option. Sorry if everything is confusing but this time I have the right words to what I meant all along.

Maybe that's where your problem is, it should be ending in .smc (Super Nintendo) instead of .nes (Nintendo). Maybe you're using the wrong roms for this software?

phinn
April 23rd, 2008, 07:22
Unfortunately for me this crashes my Wii. Snes9x 0.1.1 works perfect so I'll stick with that for now.

update:
I run Wii Homebrew Launcher: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps/Wii_Homebrew_Launcher

I put it in /homebrew/snes9x/

I called one boot.elf and the other boot.dol
This doesn't work unfortunately as it starts to load (i get the white screen with mario) but then it hangs

metalhead1816
April 23rd, 2008, 16:36
Heres my final question before I just give up. The file that comes with this is Col15.smc. Is the rom games in there or do I have to d/l the roms somewhere else and put them in a file called roms along with the Col15.smc. If this is so then it all makes complete sense and I will feel totally retarded for looking this crap up for 3 days trying to put the pieces together as a n00b would.

Skrubber
April 24th, 2008, 07:57
I still cant't save or load from my SD Gecko in any homebrew. Why is this? I have no problem loading from front.