PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Games Announces New Midnight Club For PSP

wraggster
April 22nd, 2008, 01:55
Rockstar Games is proud to announce the fourth installment of its critically-acclaimed and genre-defining Midnight Club franchise, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, is set for release on September 9th in North America and September 12th in Europe. Developed by series creator Rockstar San Diego, Midnight Club: Los Angeles will give gamers the unprecedented freedom to race through a hyper-realistic LA.

"From the beginning, Midnight Club has been about street racing in a open-world," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "With our team at Rockstar San Diego we have developed a game that we feel once again pushes the boundaries and expectations of what a racing game can be."

Whether driving by the beach or beating the competition by cutting through a parking garage at 200 mph, Midnight Club: Los Angeles provides a seamless, breathtaking environment for everyone who loves to compete. With no load times, no tracks, and no rules, the game allows players to race who they want, when they want, and where they want in an unbelievable recreation of Los Angeles.

"People are going to be blown away when they see how true-to-life Los Angeles looks in this game," said Jay Panek, Midnight Club Producer Rockstar San Diego. "We've added some great twists and turns that let players experience the authentic vibe and feel of the city at blistering speeds that you simply couldn't get away with in real life."

A racing game is nothing without the great cars and Midnight Club: Los Angeles allows extensive customization of vehicles for both performance and appearance. Players can now fully personalize their officially licensed imports, tuners, classic muscle cars and motorcycles both inside and out with a dizzying array of licensed rims, spoilers, interior gauges, tires and more.

Also scheduled for release on September 9th, Midnight Club: LA Remix for the PSP system will provide another incredible portable racing experience. Developed by Rockstar London, the game will take full advantage of the hardware to deliver the unrivaled sense of speed and style that the best-selling Midnight Club series is known for.

For more information about Midnight Club, please visit our website at http://www.rockstargames.com/midnightclubla.

myuusmeow
April 22nd, 2008, 02:01
I'd rather have San Andreas Stories, but still, cool. LA FTW!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
April 22nd, 2008, 15:28
plz plz plz improve the loading time!!!!!

shorty_carnage
April 22nd, 2008, 15:33
I hope they dont make another the 1st waaaas ruuubbbbiiish!!

I wish they would stop churning out crap for the psp and make some GOOD games

PLEASE

jamotto
April 22nd, 2008, 19:48
The previous game was amazing in the fact that they managed to put just about every part of the console version into the psp version. I look forward to trying this one out.

blazsly
April 22nd, 2008, 23:17
The previous game was amazing in the fact that they managed to crap just about every part of the console version into the psp version. I look forward to trying this one out.

Exactly. Only thing bad was the load times so people who complain about the first one simply dont like the series.

goaliedude
April 23rd, 2008, 00:32
first one i thought wa absolutely amazing except for the loading times. everything else was near perfect

Veskgar
April 23rd, 2008, 17:37
Racing games if done right work really well on the PSP. Racers are the type of game that could deliver on the PSP what the DS Lite cannot. So I've always been puzzled why most racers on the PSP suck. And the weak online multiplayer on most racers is pathetic too. Some PSP racers are just outright terrible and should not have been allowed to be sold (Street Supremacy, Pimp my Ride, Fast & the Furious, etc.).

So I hope we see more exclusive PSP racers that follow the direction Wipeout Pulse went.

mike_jmg
April 24th, 2008, 18:08
Hope it plays good and has better loading times

JKKDARK
April 24th, 2008, 18:57
I think it's one of the best racing game for PSP