PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to start...

Awexome
April 23rd, 2008, 07:53
First off, hi. I stumbled on this forum while googling ds homebrew out of curiosity. I've had an EZFlash II PS for a long time from way back when I got into GBA homebrew (mostly NES and SMS emulation, I'm a sucker for the classics). Now that I've forked over the cash for a shiny new red and black DS lite I'm looking to get into DS homebrew.

Specifically, I'm wondering which device I should get. From what I've read, I think I want to go with a slot 1 device (thats the NDS slot, right?). Is there a device with either built in memory or a mini SD slot or something like that? I'd be looking to run backups of my NDS games since I really hate carrying hundreds of dollars worth of games around and some NDS homebrew.

Based on this, what should I be looking at getting? I live in Canada, by the way, so hopefully you guys can help me find something that I can get here or at least from the USA. Price isn't really an object here; I'd much rather spend the cash now and save myself future headaches.

Summary: What's the best slot 1 device I can get for playing backups and homebrew apps?

I'd appreciate any help with this.

EDIT: Upon some searching in this forum, I've found something that seems like it would work perfectly for me:

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/hb-ds-m3realp

...and the same thing with a 4gb microSD card:

http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog/M3-DS-Real-Rumble-Pack-Bundle-w-4GB-Micro-SD-Card-p-2698.html

Thoughts on this particular kit?

EDIT2: I've now realized that these aren't the same. Which is better suited to my needs?

jazzat_135
April 28th, 2008, 01:33
The first one comes with a gba expansion pack for gba games and homebrew but since you have one you don't need that one. The second one comes with a tflash card but is way too expensive. I got my t-flash card on ebay for 20 bucks. I would go with the first because it's cheaper and then you can buy a 4gb t-flash off ebay for 20 bucks. You could always use a spare gba device. DEFINITELY get an M3 Real that's what I have and there is absolutely no problems with it. It supports all homebrew, commercial games and slot 2 devices.

gspawn
May 13th, 2008, 11:00
Well, for what it's worth, I have a DSTT, and I have had absolutely zero problems with it, except for a minor mixup with how the cheats work, but I realized that was my own doing. It works pretty much right out of the box, and since you're a fellow canuck, I know where you ca get a good deal on one, with a 1gb kingston microsd card with free shipping anywhere in canada, as it's sent out from Toronto. If you're interested, PM me and i'll send you the link as i'm not sure if I'm allowed to post external links here. And if you need any help with getting it set up, I can help you with that as well.