PDA

View Full Version : Snes Emulators for Wii Compatability List

wraggster
April 23rd, 2008, 16:26
Please Help other newcomers and old users by posting what games work on each release of each version of Snes Emulators for the Nintendo Wii.

Please start via comments and also detailing which version of the many Snes Emulators you used.

CoinCollector
April 23rd, 2008, 17:34
Emulator: Lopst's First Version (http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/snes9x-emu-for-wii-with-wiimote-classic-controller-support--106619.html)
Game(s):

Donkey Kong Country NTSC 1.2
Super Mario All-Stars NTSC

Issues: None noticed
Notes: I only played the first two levels in Donkey Kong Country, and I only played through Super Mario Bros and the first level of Super Mario Bros 3 in Super Mario All-Stars.

monix10
April 27th, 2008, 14:33
Ok...a fair few to list here, so here goes...

Emulator:Snes9X (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107445)

Games:

. U.N. Squadron : Runs Perfectly, Minor Slowdowns Occasionally when screen is busy

. Super Metrioid : Runs Perfectly
. Gradius III : Runs Perfectly
. Super Mario Kart : Runs at only 50FPS, but playable if you dont mind the 10FPS slowdown
. Super Mario All Stars : Runs Perfectly
. Actraiser : Runs Perfectly
. Chrono Trigger : Runs Perfectly
. Super Mario RPG : Runs Perfectly, Minor Slowdowns
. Yoshi's Island : Runs Perfectly
. Final Fantasy III : Runs Perfectly
. Killer Instinct : Runs Perfectly
. Megaman X : Runs Perfectly
. StarFox (Starwing) : Runs Perfectly
. Super Star Wars (All Versions) : All Run Without Problems
. F-Zero : Runs Perfectly
. TMNT Turtles in Time : Runs Perfectly
. Secret of Mana : Runs Perfectly
. Ganbare Goemon (2 and 3) : Both Run Without Problems
. Contra III : Runs Perfectly

All Games were NTSC [E]

Add More as i Play em :)

YAY!!!! For Wii Homebrew :D

____anders____
April 27th, 2008, 14:41
all the games i've tried so far works like a charm without any glitches or slowdowns..

other than the games already posted, the english translated Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret Of Mana 2) runs flawless, i'm almost done with the game, i continued from the save i had on my PC..

i've tried many games with all the SNES emus until the one with wiimote support got released, i use that one now and won't switch build until an updated one with wiimote support is released..

andytjm
April 27th, 2008, 15:16
Star Fox 2 (Beta) didn't load on any version.

monix10
April 27th, 2008, 15:18
im not surprised, it wasnt very good i found on snes 9x for the pc, was very buggy and has quite a few annoying slowdowns

daknight
April 27th, 2008, 19:46
I began testing the tricky roms that I know off among others, here is the list of ones I tested:

Mega Man X2 and X3: Runs Perfectly
Star Ocean: Runs perfectly.
Tales of Phantasia: Runs perfectly
Street Fighter Alpha 2: Runs perfectly
Star Fox: Runs perfectly

Roms that I don't believe are tricky.

Terranigma: Runs Perfectly (and everyone should play it :P )
Super Punch-out: Runs perfectly
Soul Blazer: Runs perfectly
Illusion of Gaia: Runs Perfectly
Final Fantasy IV, V and VI: Runs perfectly

I have most of the SNES collection, but I only tested this few and they all work well.

masterchief929
April 27th, 2008, 21:08
all the roms i have ran have worked perfectly

boomyshoe
May 9th, 2008, 00:12
Has anyone tried Kirby Superstar? Just wanna know before I try...Or has anyone tried EVO?

macherie
May 9th, 2008, 16:28
Has anyone tried Kirby Superstar? Just wanna know before I try...Or has anyone tried EVO?

I tried it last night on LoPsT's version and it ran perfectly.

My only issue so far with LoPsT's version is the fact that I can't save-state with Super Mario RPG, it freezes any time I try to load the state again. Music plays perfectly and everything, it's just the state doesn't load at all. Also, for some reason, I can save games to front SD with the normal version, but not with LoPsT's. ;-; The only other thing I know to do is to try and use a different version of the rom, since there's like 21894791 SMRPG versions in any decent GoodSet.

Forgot to add my list.. All of these are running off LoPsT's version of snes9x

Super Punch-Out! - Runs perfectly
Axelay - Runs perfectly
Clock Tower (T-Eng) - Runs perfectly, though the checksum text is yellow at the start, also there's a very, very small flickering problem when entering rooms
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Runs perfectly
Chuck Rock - Runs perfectly
Boogerman - Runs perfectly
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Runs perfectly, though it will freeze for roughly 3 seconds when the matches actually start, it'll run though
Super Mario Kart - Someone above said it runs with a 10 FPS slowdown, my version runs perfectly, maybe try different versions of the rom
Tiny Toon Adventures (all) - Run perfectly

eggsaregood
June 23rd, 2008, 22:24
Hang on, some of you aren't stating which Emu you've used...or am I missing something?

DeCaB99
July 19th, 2008, 17:31
hi! (using version 3.1 of snes9x 1.43 gx edition v. 0.1.2beta1)

I can't run any Seiken Densetsu 3 rom I try... it always says "unable to find /snes9x/saves/FE07123A.srm"

I can't load the game, never could so there can't be any savegame too look for anyway. Other games work fine (killer instinct, rock&roll racing..). tried 2 different roms .. one was from my pc which worked fine and the other I just found on the net

can anyone help? someone said he/she had it running smoothly?

---

edit: I got it running ... I had to disable AUTO SRAM(?)

hispanico
August 29th, 2008, 16:58
The roms zipped must be .smc or sfc ??? I ask this because i don't understand well this and also i read that only ntsc roms can be played....in which way, if is true,i can know if the roms is ntsc or pal ??

Thank
Hyspa

Auriman1
August 29th, 2008, 18:17
Star Fox 2 (Beta) didn't load on any version.

I've had Star Fox 2 running just fine on Snes9xGX. Just be sure you apply the .ips patch that makes the game stable to the .smc file with a program like Lunar IPS.

List of games I've tested on Snes9xGX, which I believe are all NSTC versions:
Chrono Trigger
Desert Strike
Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country
Earthbound
Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Harvest Moon
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
King Arthur's World
Kirby Superstar
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby's Dream Land 3
LOZ- A Link to the Past
Megaman 7
Megaman X
Megaman X2
Megaman X3
Pac Attack
Populous
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2 (with .ips patch)
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back
Super Star Wars - Return of the Jedi
Yoshi's Island
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

I haven't had any problems with any games I've played on Snes9xGX, as games have only lagged where they would on an actual SNES for the most part, which is perfectly acceptable.

On LoPsT's version there was no lag in games like Starfox and Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts, but I ran into some problems on a couple select games I tested:
-On the Final Fantasy VI world map, it always wanted to walk left, making me unable to progress (I also experienced minor audio glitches for many of the battle sound effects on all the Final Fantasy games I tested)
-Home Alone 2 bg music would not come back after being interrupted by a sound effect
-Minor graphical errors in Yoshi's Island and Super Metroid