PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x Wii Lopst wiimote and classic v.2.1- Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
April 23rd, 2008, 16:27
Lopst has released a new version of his Snes Emulator for the Nintendo Wii which has Wiimote and Classic Controller Support and Now features an English Language Version.

Snes9x Wii 1.43 wiimote and classic (v.2.1 LoPsT)

This is the 2.1 version of SNES emulator for Wii of LoPsT.

------------------------------------------------

¡¡¡ SUPPORT OF 2 WIIMOTES AT A TIME !!!

------------------------------------------------

*Current features:

- Support of 2 Wiimotes and Classic Controller.

*Config of Buttons:

- Wiimote:

Wiimote SNES
---------------------
1 Y
2 B
+ R
- L
B A
A X
+ y - SELECT
HOME START
HOME y + Emulator menu

- Classic Controller:

Classic SNES
---------------------
A A
B B
X X
Y Y
L L
R R
+ START
- SELECT
HOME Emulator Menu.

Please help others by posting what games work and what dont in our new Snes Emulators for Wii Compatability List. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107444)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xsomax
April 23rd, 2008, 18:04
Nice build(finally in english), but still i do have the "slow sound" problem when playing games that are naturally displayed in 60 FPS (60hz). Yes i have an PAL Wii, and i have the settings, that it is on 50hz, otherwise the whole screen would turn red >.<.

In the GC version of this emulator there is this sound fix option already, can you not implent it with the next build?

linkinworm
April 23rd, 2008, 18:10
i dont see how people on pal wiis are having problems, its seem like im the only PAL gamer that isnt haveing these problems, what version on the game are you running? PAL or NTSC?

xsomax
April 23rd, 2008, 18:25
Im running for example Chrono Trigger (NTSC) , because there is no PAL version ;)

When im playing the game, all works fine, speed, graphic and everything else, only the sound is too slow.

Then when im playing for example Kirbys Fun Pack( PAL) all is correct, sound also runs at normal speed, but the game runs also only with 50 FPS , as it should.

Do you have your WIIs TV mode enabled with 50 or 60 hz? Mine is 50 because otherwise all homebrew would be displayed in the color red >.<

Is there maybe a fix so that i can run my WII with 60 hz , so that after running the twilight hack i do not see all displayed in red?

stuys
April 23rd, 2008, 18:35
I got this up and running on my wii. The emulator menu works fine however no matter which option I select it brings up a screen full of horizontal lines.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

rememberthe8bit
April 23rd, 2008, 19:47
Perhaps you should try re-formatting the card, and re-downloading the emulator...

retro fan
April 23rd, 2008, 20:47
Does this version have front SD support and save state support, and save state support to front SD?

I only ask because I am confused by hourly developments!

mikebeaver
April 23rd, 2008, 21:03
Does this version have front SD support and save state support, and save state support to front SD?

Would also like to know this please, am n00b at anything Wii related and am trying to get into the homebrew scene on it without modding my console, thanks for any clarification,

Mike..

ringo20000
April 23rd, 2008, 21:35
I got this up and running on my wii. The emulator menu works fine however no matter which option I select it brings up a screen full of horizontal lines.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

It sounds like your not loading a rom. Make sure you go to load a new game before hitting play game.

Sir_Voe
April 23rd, 2008, 21:36

Yes to both, though it still has a minor bug where you have to switch the setting from SD to Memory Card in the SRAM save menu to get your SD card to mount. Save states aren't affected by this bug though.

linkinworm
April 23rd, 2008, 21:45
Im running for example Chrono Trigger (NTSC) , because there is no PAL version ;)

When im playing the game, all works fine, speed, graphic and everything else, only the sound is too slow.

Then when im playing for example Kirbys Fun Pack( PAL) all is correct, sound also runs at normal speed, but the game runs also only with 50 FPS , as it should.

Do you have your WIIs TV mode enabled with 50 or 60 hz? Mine is 50 because otherwise all homebrew would be displayed in the color red >.<

Is there maybe a fix so that i can run my WII with 60 hz , so that after running the twilight hack i do not see all displayed in red? im running at 60hz, and i dont get red color

and for the other peeps, yes it has front saving and loading and all that other stuff, its been there for ages now.

Chrono0001
April 23rd, 2008, 21:46
Wait, is there a folder that I put the SRAM files that I'm already useing in?

linkinworm
April 23rd, 2008, 22:02
Wait, is there a folder that I put the SRAM files that I'm already useing in?
this build saves games differently, it saves them by the game ID number or something, you can rename the save to the number, just try load the sram for the game, get the number then rename it, everything goes into snes9x/saves

masterchief929
April 23rd, 2008, 22:17
ok, this is kinda off topic, but how do i tell if i have a pal wii?

iisryan
April 23rd, 2008, 22:41
It sounds like your not loading a rom. Make sure you go to load a new game before hitting play game.
The same thing is happening to me. I even get the bars when I click the Load ROM option.

How do I load a ROM and where do I store them? Do I have to burn them to a DVD or can I access them from the front SD card?

kingslime80
April 23rd, 2008, 22:42
You know you have a Pal Wii if...

...Youe Wii comes from Europe.

Thisshouldbeme
April 23rd, 2008, 23:08
After i have loaded a rom, is there anyway in which i can go back into the loader menu and load a different one? The only way i can get it to power off and go back to the wii menu is to unplug it. Is there an easier solution?

chrizs
April 23rd, 2008, 23:13
After i have loaded a rom, is there anyway in which i can go back into the loader menu and load a different one? The only way i can get it to power off and go back to the wii menu is to unplug it. Is there an easier solution?

Push the home button

Thisshouldbeme
April 23rd, 2008, 23:15
Thanks, that works with the classic controller. I realized I didn't read the 1st page and the answer was in plain sight.

iisryan
April 23rd, 2008, 23:16
Ok, so I can load the emulator fine, but as soon as I choose any of the options (including "Load ROM" or even "View Credits"), the screen freezes into a pattern of vertical and horizontal bars. Does anyone know what is wrong? How I can fix it?

This is my first time running a Twilight Hack application, so I'm still new at it.

metalhead1816
April 24th, 2008, 04:30
Does anyone know how to get the roms to work so the front sd on this wii classic support file will work. Also just out of curiousity when you put snes9x/roms, do you mean to make a folder called snes9x and then one inside that called roms. Because making a folder called snes9x/roms wont allow you to do so because of this /. I got everything else down but the problem just lies within the loading rom section.

justinswood
April 24th, 2008, 09:12
You need to first create the snes9x directory then within this create the roms directory to put your roms in.

xsomax
April 24th, 2008, 11:56
So any solution now?

In the other thread i was told i should not use 60 hz when using the hack, so this problem will occur forever,
Either you do not have a PAL wii or another version running than me. My sound is too slow :(

toas_t
April 25th, 2008, 16:41
Totally, Totally awesome!

Playing on my Wii classic controller! Supurb.

Amethyst
April 25th, 2008, 18:46
Hey, all. I need some help. So, I placed my ROMS in snes9x/roms, but whenever I try to load it crashes into a black screen with a list of white text. What's going on?

I'm using the Homebrew Channel Loader installed with the Twilight Hack on a NTSC Wii.

jacobian91
April 25th, 2008, 23:41
Quote: retro fan (sorry forgot to puch quote bottun lolz)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes it does
the only thing that is kinda annoying about it is that if u plug a classic controller in at all the only way to go back to the emu menu is to plug the classic into the 1st wiimote and do it, but that rly isnt a nuisance that much...

Fission
April 25th, 2008, 23:56
Nice build(finally in english), but still i do have the "slow sound" problem when playing games that are naturally displayed in 60 FPS (60hz). Yes i have an PAL Wii, and i have the settings, that it is on 50hz, otherwise the whole screen would turn red >.<.

Is there maybe a fix so that i can run my WII with 60 hz , so that after running the twilight hack i do not see all displayed in red?

Ah another person with the same problem as myself. :)

I've posted several comments on various forums regarding this but no one seems interested.

Is there by any chance that the video out can be fixed on the NTSC version so that it runs on RGB in color.

The NTSC version runs perfect speed on my PAL Wii if set to 60hz but displays in red and black picture because I use RGB.
Changing the setting to 50hz and the same speed issues occur as with the PAL Version.

Although it's remedied by switching to composite cable (Don't have component or HD-TV), but the colors are awful

The PAL Version runs either too slow or too fast depending on if its set to VSYNC or CLOCK, although the picture is fine on RGB.

Hopefully it's something that can be looked into.

And a little different explanation

I don't understand what the difference is to my NTSC PS2 using its own RGB scart in color, and the 60hz setting Wii Support which works fine for everything else on my PAL Wii except the emulator.
Surely this should be the same no?

60hz is 60hz regardless of pure NTSC console or NTSC supported console.
All my other consoles run on RGB in full color - including modded PS1 and DC.
So it's either something the emulator does to cause it, or has something to do with the Wii

And the PAL50 version; The slowing down and speeding up just ruins gameplay

PAL50 works on 50/60hz because I tested the speed on both, but there is no difference in speed or slowness.
I don't understand why the NTSC version is 100% frame rate with no frame-jumps or frame-drops - most notible with music.

So hopefully this can be looked into.

xsomax
April 26th, 2008, 01:16
Fission did sum it up really nicely.
I dunno WHY this is happening but i thnik it is fixable by some patch or new version of the hack. I think all PAL Wii users would appreciate it :(

stupifiery
April 26th, 2008, 07:27
thanks so much to everyone that made this possible, rock and roll racing looks spectacular!

melao
July 9th, 2008, 13:53
I know this is an old thread but, I can tell how to "solve the problem" with PAL Wiis.
You can do one of the following:

1 - Use a PAL ROM, instead of the american one
2 - Set your Wii to PAL 60Hz and use american ROMs
3 - Use the component cable instead of SCART, with american ROMs

All of those three solutions worked fine for me.

NachoDudeX
July 9th, 2008, 19:58
Okay, I'm pretty new to the emulating scene, in fact, I just got Twilight Hack today. I'm a very quick learner with computer stuff though.

Anyway, I have a question. I had an older version of Snes9GX that was working fine, but I can't stand using the GC controller, which is why I just downloaded this. But I wasn't really sure how to install it on my SD Card, so I replaced boot.elf from the older emu with snesgxwi.elf and renamed it to boot.elf, but that didn't work, so I tried doing the same with the.dol file, and that just brought up a code dump.

So how exactly do I make the change from the old emulator to this one?

linkx111
March 16th, 2009, 20:12
how do i install this? i renamed the dol file in boot.dol the homebrew channel says it can't read it

Ddiabolik
March 18th, 2009, 09:48
I'm also a bit confused by the files in this zip. How do I use this with an SD card and the homebrew channel? I'm not sure how to set up the card. I've tried what seemed like it would be natural, but am not sure how to do this, any help?

djdynamite123
March 18th, 2009, 09:51
I'm also a bit confused by the files in this zip. How do I use this with an SD card and the homebrew channel? I'm not sure how to set up the card. I've tried what seemed like it would be natural, but am not sure how to do this, any help?
Unzip the archive. You will find the following folders inside:
apps - Contains Homebrew Channel ready files (see Homebrew Channel instructions below)
snes9x - Contains the directory structure required for storing roms, saves, and cheats (see below)
Via Homebrew Channel
The most popular method of running homebrew on the Wii is through the Homebrew Channel. If you already have the channel installed, just copy over the apps folder included in the archive into the root of your SD card.
Remember to also create the snes9x directory structure required. See above.
Loading Games

By default, roms are loaded from "snes9x/roms/".
Your SNES rom images must be in the Super Magicom (SMC) or FIG format. Generally, all images you find will be in this format, but if you run across one that isn't please download RTOOL which will allow you to convert the image into SMC format.