PDA

View Full Version : PS3 GTA IV outselling 360 3:1 [in pre-orders]

Shrygue
April 23rd, 2008, 19:32
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187505)

Pre-orders for the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV are outstripping the Xbox 360 version by 3:1 on the website of UK supermarket Asda.

"Both titles have generated great interest on the Asda website, with strong pre-orders, and the PS3 version is selling three times that of 360, which is surprising and not in line with what we'd expect," said Asda's head of games to MCV.

Over the past two weeks, Microsoft has been aggressively promoting its console as the best way to experience Grand Theft Auto IV, producing TV spots and newspaper adverts in addition to Rockstar's own marketing blitz.

In contrast Sony has done very little. Even the GTA PS3 bundle seen all over the internet has yet to be officially confirmed.

JKKDARK
April 23rd, 2008, 19:36
Yeah pre-orders, who cares really. After all, with all the exclusive stuff for the Xbox 360 version, the PS3 version will sell less.

Sonicboy 101
April 23rd, 2008, 19:45
Yeah pre-orders, who cares really. After all, with all the exclusive stuff for the Xbox 360 version, the PS3 version will sell less.

Right, whatever. You won't be saying that at launch though, will you?

Napalm-Death
April 23rd, 2008, 20:07

Give it a rest. No one gives a crap about which version sells more.

JKKDARK
April 23rd, 2008, 20:09
Give it a rest. No one gives a crap about which version sells more.

Computer and Video Games and its readers care

F9zDark
April 23rd, 2008, 20:52

Not really, its simply "news" to them. Do I care if someone was murdered in NYC yesterday? No, but its still in the newspaper.

mikebeaver
April 23rd, 2008, 21:09

C&VG is ahrdly the worlds authority on games though is it? It may have been going for a million and one years, but it never was and never will be informative and unbiased, thought provoking in thier eyes is making fun of another console!
Read Edge or GamesTM (some people like it better than Edge, and it is quite a sensible read), if you want a well written, informed piece of information on the gaming scene in general or which version of GTA IV is "better".

Besides, the PS3 version is now more likely to sell more than the Xbox 360 version as the later has already been leaked for the thieving pirate scumbags to steal, looks like Rockstar will be pissed about that, big time!

Mike..

JKKDARK
April 23rd, 2008, 21:14
Not really, its simply "news" to them. Do I care if someone was murdered in NYC yesterday? No, but its still in the newspaper.

Not you. But the family and friends of the dead person will care.
There's always someone who will care about the article. That's why it's posted there.

Shadowblind
April 23rd, 2008, 21:15
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187505)

Pre-orders for the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV are outstripping the Xbox 360 version by 3:1 on the website of UK supermarket Asda.

I see.

kojiro7
April 23rd, 2008, 21:42
Its normal because most people who own xbox360 will buy GTA pirate copy,not original.
If ps3 was able to play copies too,then it wouldnt sell much originals too:)
Remember,playstation name was maken by easy piracy and people loved that.

GODZEROXX
April 23rd, 2008, 22:04
Oy, seems a bit odd considering more people own 360's at the moment...... I think part of the reason the ps3 version is selling more is because of the stupeeeed piracy ... 360 was too easily firmware hacked im sure there is a lot of pirates out there just planning to download it.

DPyro
April 23rd, 2008, 22:39
Or people simply played it on PlayStation before and so they're used to using a PlayStation controller.

Cloudhunter
April 23rd, 2008, 23:08
I really could care less what sells more. I just hate how some people have to post anti PS3 hate wherever there's news :). And to think some of these people have respected positions...

Cloudy

Napalm-Death
April 24th, 2008, 00:10
I really could care less what sells more. I just hate how some people have to post anti PS3 hate wherever there's news :). And to think some of these people have respected positions...

Cloudy

Yeah man. You tell 'em!

swelsh
April 24th, 2008, 01:21
Not you. But the family and friends of the dead person will care.
There's always someone who will care about the article. That's why it's posted there.

You're kind of clutching at straws there. I'm sure the family and friends would already be pretty well informed of the dead persons departure.

SSaxdude
April 24th, 2008, 02:44
There really aren't enough hacked 360s out there to damage sales too much. Call of Duty 4 on the 360 outsold the PS3 version, although the PS3 can't run pirated games. It's also a UK study; the 360 is more popular in the US than in Europe.

F9zDark
April 24th, 2008, 14:07
There really aren't enough hacked 360s out there to damage sales too much. Call of Duty 4 on the 360 outsold the PS3 version, although the PS3 can't run pirated games. It's also a UK study; the 360 is more popular in the US than in Europe.

Not to mention, considering the fact that the 360 has a higher install base than the PS3, of course multiplatform games on both systems would sell better on the 360.