PDA

View Full Version : Site News Update

wraggster
September 15th, 2005, 18:41
As you know we have suffered some strange downtime as of late, im investigating as to what caused it.

Onto other matters ive decided to have a rethink about the site disclaimer i put in last week as it unfortunately meant i couldnt showcase on the main page some authors releases so where ever the psp release comes from ill post the correct link (although im not fooled by newsposts that say emailed by such and such because they dont want to link to a certain site and im equally not fooled by certain sites emaling and pming people on IRC etc telling them to post in that sites forums so they get the links and im also not fooled by sites sticking readme.txts in releases and having no links to releases homepages on their download sections.) but lets hope that all changes.

So basically im starting a goodwill links thing :D for the scene but lets all as scene sites correctly link to releases and thus spread a true atmosphere around the PSP scene.

Clay
September 15th, 2005, 20:10
I checked your PM sent box in my forums, and it appears we are all equally guilty of such scanelous and shady acts =) Cheers wraggs, here's to goodwill *drink* :D

P.S: I'd like to have a chat with you sometime this weekend Wraggs if you can make some time, I think I remember you saying Sunday is your light day? Can you please PM me your AIM/ICQ/MSN? Thanks.

wraggster
September 15th, 2005, 20:20
yeah im sick of scene wars and i admit to having an explosive temper but i do care that coders dont get the proper credit as they are our scene and i dont forget that.

Plus im british and we brits play it straight and i am really a good guy :P

wraggster
September 15th, 2005, 20:25
btw im sure its illegal to read PMs

Clay
September 15th, 2005, 20:26
I know, I always liked ya Wraggs, we just have a slight conflict of interest from time to time =P

Cap'n 1time
September 15th, 2005, 20:37
Its not so much pspupdates i hate. its just the ignorant people in their forums. ill leave ethical issues with pspupdates up to someone else (cause ive got issues of my own).

I think the sites should work together (DONT JOIN THE FORUMS) in actually taking more action to inform new people who ask the same old retarded questions or who make stupid remarks that are just begging for flames.

and i would actually admit that pspupdates what a decent site if it wasnt for the pyramid schemes, benefit programs, and annoying ads. not to mention the stuipid forum users (and we get a fair share of them too... they just dont stick around long because of ME.)

Anyways, i always wished that since the dcemu homepage was so full of information, links to guids, little warnings and what not, that someone could recreate that for the psp-news section. dcemulation and psp news are wraggsters specialty and they should be treated as such.

pspupdates i have one suggestion for you, cut the crap. instead of pyramid schemes perhapes you could give awards for good FAQ's, and perhapes artwork, or continue to host your coding contests, perhapes give awards for translation!. you need to learn how to benefit the homebrew scene, and not yourselves. untill you can learn to do that youll never gain my respect. you should never have anyones respect.

MalumEnSe
September 16th, 2005, 08:25
Regardless of all the site war business that has been perpetuated by and on this site, I never came here to post and make trouble, or even just to quibble with you about your opinions, which you are completely entitled to. (And, BTW, most of things that make PSPU "evil" in your eyes is exactly that, your opinion.) However, in this instance I have to step in:

Its not so much pspupdates i hate. its just the ignorant people in their forums / not to mention the stuipid forum users

How dare you attack an entire forum member base like that... some of whom even post here... most of whom you've never even crossed paths with, but all of whom are members of our PSP community. How dare you insinuate that the modstaff doesn't work its ass off every day. How dare you even imply that you and "your members" are better or more "elite" than the people on another forum.

We have hundreds of people post on our forums every day. Thousands of posts, every day. Yes, among them are the incredibly young, the incredibly naive, and the incredibly noobish... but we also have the the incredibly helpful, the incredibly tolerant, the incredibly friendly and the incredibly gifted.

It seems to be that last one which has inspired this change of heart on Wraggster's part since so many great programs are coming out of our forums from its talented members.. such as Aenea and Mofig, just to name two. Which is also why he made this post (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10753). As much as he may loathe PSPU and their business practices, he's been forced to face the fact that we ARE an influential part of the community, and that isn't going to change any time soon, despite his best efforts.

(and we get a fair share of them too... they just dont stick around long because of ME.)

Whatever you get we get at least 100x the amount... we have one of the fairest and most devoted group of mod's around... given the amount of traffic we receive I think the forums are incredibly efficient, clean, and well behaved. I dare you to find a technology/gaming site of equal size that is as civil and under control as ours. In fact, the type of site bashing that you just did (and that commonly happens on this site and forum) would not be allowed on the PSPU forums, out of respect for you, your members, and the scene. I again dare you to find a forum post or news entry where we are defaming another site just because "we don't like them".

When it comes to the site war being perpetuated by DCEmu, it's administration, and it's close group of friends and "buddy" sites (many of which support and encourage piracy, which you oddly have no problem with), it's been a one sided battle... we have no interest in playing that game. We have no problem being "the bigger person" and will continue to do so. You can scream and cry foul as much an as loud as you want, it isn't going to change anything.

So, in short, you can attack the site and admin of PSPU all you want - but if you're going to take a stab at the forums and insult it's members, you'll have to go through me first. And that, my friends, is what being a community is all about... something this site has clearly lost track of as of late, which Wragg seems to have noticed... finally...

MalumEnSe
Mod Team Leader, PSPU

Oh, I almost forgot...

]although im not fooled by newsposts that say emailed by such and such because they dont want to link to a certain site and im equally not fooled by certain sites emaling and pming people on IRC etc telling them to post in that sites forums so they get the links

You are guilty of each and every one of those accusations as well, and you bloody well know it... and you know we can prove it too. ;)

Keith
September 16th, 2005, 13:36
I have nothing to do with any of this and I am not really even a part of this site despite the admin status (mainly for server and site support). I just find it funny that you (MalumEnSe) tell the guy that he is entitled to his opinion in the first paragraph of your novel .. then go off like the broken record you are (I have seen this type of post from MalumEnSe a million times over) and start questioning the guy's opinion by asking him how he "dares" to insult the forums you moderate (as if it's a sin). Seriously is it all that surprising that not "everyone" is going to enjoy the forums you moderate? You are constently trying to defend the forums you moderate to deaf ears. In the end you just come off as a braggart trying to put the forums you moderate on a pedestal as the best forums to every come out of a "technology/gaming" scene. You might think you are coming off as a good salesman .. but a lot of people are not interested in buying your bullshit. Thanks but no thanks, and have a nice day. :)

MalumEnSe
September 16th, 2005, 18:24
And the true spirit of DCEmu finally raises it's ugly head. I have shown nothing but respect towards this site in the past, but it's clear that the community is the least of this site's concerns... it's a shame, really.

Wragg, you speak of "goodwill" and "true atmosphere", but this thread makes it painfully clear that you need to turn around and espouse such ideals to the people who stand behind you, not those of us in front of you.

Keith
September 16th, 2005, 18:47
For one my comments have nothing to do with DCEmu or even the forum you moderate (or the site it belongs to for that matter). My comments were for you, so feel special. I do not represent DCEmu or even my buddy wrags. If wrags decides to make peace then thats cool with me and to be completely honest I don't see how my previous comments reflect on that .. but oh well. On a related note people are going to have their opinions no matter what direction this site goes. You can't expect everyone to become a "Yes Man" and agree with wrags and follow in his footsteps. You also can't expect everyone to jump on some bandwagon and fall in love with the forums you moderate. To think that is pretty naive if you ask me. If people didn't like the forums you moderate before whats going to make them like it now? people are entitled to their opinions and thats a part of life, get over it. I am not surprised in the least that you have come to this thread once something negetive was said about the forum you moderate .. thats what you are known for. I can understand you wanting to defend it and I suppose there is no reason why you can't so good luck on your campaign but always remember to take a break from that high horse .. it can get a little sore after awhile. :)

MalumEnSe
September 16th, 2005, 18:58
Fair enough. But the high horse is pretty comfy right now since you guys have already broken him in for me. ;)

But if nothing else I'm incredibly loyal to those who look to me as some sort of authority figure... we've got alot of youngsters on our forums, and in a fashion I do feel a bit like a mother hen when it comes to these kids. Yeah, some of them are brats, but I can't sit idly by while members of my "family" are attacked like that... especially behind their back. I owe it to all of them to stand up and defend them... you mess with the cubs you have to deal with mama bear. ;)

I would expect (and hope) that you all would do the same if the situation was reversed.

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2005, 19:12
hey you... shut the hell up.
I was making suggestions to pspupdates on how you could educated the many AND I MEAN MANY idiots that visit your forum... you dont believe me? id be happy to link to a couple of your more regulare users posts.

and as i said, we have our own fair share of idiots.

My intent was not to bring captain ass head in here to defend his feelings on the site. not do i give a rats ass that you have 100x more users than us. THE CAUSE IS THE SAME! HELP DEVERS, HELP HOMBREW, BUT STOP HELPING YOURSELF! And dont YOU (just you captain ass head) dare try to make peace with us. from your last comment and your odd ability to read good suggestions and turn it into somthing evil i said.. well Lets just say you make me sick.

once again so mabey i can get it through your thick ass head HELP THE CAUSE, NOT YOURSELF!

Its not that I act like a child.. its that you fail to see what the true issue is... greed, ignorance, etc. and pspupdates has shown oodles and oodles of that.

MalumEnSe
September 16th, 2005, 19:23
Thank you for once again proving my point better than I could.

THE CAUSE IS THE SAME! HELP DEVERS, HELP HOMBREW, BUT STOP HELPING YOURSELF!

Apparently helping all the regular users and noobs doesn't count... you're only interested in having people in the community that are up to your elite standards. It's the Joe-schmoes and noobs that make up the true heart of the community - not you, not me, not the devs... it's them. Without them, we have no purpose.

HELP THE CAUSE, NOT YOURSELF

I get NO compensation for what I do. How is spending hours every day helping people with their PSP problems "helping myself"?

And dont YOU (just you captain ass head) dare try to make peace with us.

I don't have to make peace, since I was never at war. Like I mentioned, I've never spoken ill about this site or its users...

Its not me that I act like a child..

Funny, everything you wrote before contradicts that. This sort of venom, negativity and false righteousness will be your downfall.

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2005, 19:35
blahblahblah
horse shit.

Im willing to admit that ive been a bit of an elitist on these forums, but i still firmly believe WE as in the psp scene should do more to educate the new people. And finally the "help yourself part" refers to the money you pump into this site.. now i dont mean to imply that you make money.. im not sure who does. BUT ITS CLEAR SOMEONE IS. And yet wraggster, the contender, is a gardner with a family who is amazingly doing most of this for free. nothing but google ads are on this and other hosted sites. When we do point to good pay sites, ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE LEGIT!

so you can cut and paste this shit all day and play mother goldfish, or whatever the hell you said. You can even point at me and say im the immoral one.. BUT I AM NOT PART OF THE IMMORAL SITE, I AM NOT ONE OF THE IDIOTS IN YOUR FORUM, AND I WILL NEVER PAY YOUR SITE A CENT. All i wanted to do was give suggestions... If this meaningless battle ever ends I have this feeling your going to be the whiny bitch on the side lines trying to recreate some kind of civil war.

Im an asshole, copy and paste that dick cheese. Guess what, people already know that... but i hope they also know that in the end my intent is all for a good, free, homebrew scene. Im not just some guy trying to start a ruckas in the forum.. If you would notice that mabey you would see things like they really are.

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2005, 19:42
by the way, you inspired me to drop the elitist act. perhapes it was a little stupid. but that dosnt at all change my opinion on things.

wraggster
September 16th, 2005, 20:04
Now for one troll on these forums and start shit and be banned simple as that.

2 ) PSPUpdates exploits its decent and young/impressionable forum members with the Premium membership which letsbe fair they get their news from IGN mostly.

3) PSPUpdates has broken laws by checking private messages and my legal team are seriously looking into that.

4) The free psp thing is shite its a way to make money by getting fools and hard up people to believe they will get free psps.

5) PSPupdates are sticking readme.txts in releases? why

6) dont come here spouting our wonderful a certain forum is, for one i dont give a shit and 2 i do see a lot of loader/warez topics when i read your news page.

7) the foot ball game the other day had a reference to a loader in it saying it wouldnt work, well i can tell you now that someone (not me) took a screenshot and reported it to Sony.

A lesson here just because your a webmaster/admin/mod in the real world its **** all so lets not pretend one sites better just because it gets more visitors or forums and either stop the shit or ill stop it.

As i said i want to stop this shit but you malumnse seem to want to start it again.

wraggster
September 16th, 2005, 20:06
Now lets stop the squabbling, we know what the crack is, dont even try and come it with wraggy ;)

Giga Phil
September 16th, 2005, 21:07
Surely the fact you're using swears and making insults is only adding to the chance of a flame war beginning?

Chill out peeps!

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2005, 21:09
wraggy, what i said was wrong in many ways... but truly my intent was to try to give some good ideas... i really hope you saw that.

wraggster
September 16th, 2005, 23:14
Ill close this thread before i ban a retard