PDA

View Full Version : 360 Kiosks Coming to Children's Hospitals

wraggster
April 23rd, 2008, 23:09
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2008/04/thumb300x_Xbox-360-Fun-Center-for-hospitals.jpg

Microsoft is teaming with the Companions in Courage Foundation to deliver Xbox 360 kiosks to children's hospitals across the country, the company announced today.

Each kiosk will include an Xbox 360 packed with select games, movies and television content as well asaccess to a private network that allows hospitalized children to play games and chat with one another across the country over Live.

The first kiosks will be showing up today at Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of New York-Presbyterian, Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center of Seattle and the Children's Hospital of Orange County in California. Robbie Bach, president of the Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft, will even be on hand in Seattle to kick off the giveaway... and perhaps pwn some sick kids at Halo 3?

I kid because I care, seriously. As I've said before, I spent a chunk of one childhood summer in a children's hospital in Baltimore, so I know first hand how important it is to have toys and distractions when your hospitalized for long stretches of time.

http://kotaku.com/383046/360-kiosks-coming-to-childrens-hospitals

rbervoets
April 24th, 2008, 07:46
I think this would be awesome for those children :)

ketchup
April 24th, 2008, 10:00
1./ Just imagine the extra treatment these kids will need after all the fights they will get into as a result of trying to determine who's turn it is to play next.

2./ I can imagine all the tantrums and extra work for the doctors and nurses.

3./ I can also imagine all those dirty hands on the controllers helping to spread disease. Rubber gloves anyone?

4./ Visiting kids trying to hog the machines too.

Nice thought but I bet these things will be turned off quite often!!!

Better check those age limits for the installed games. Don't want to be sued for mental trauma....

Good luck hospitals, you're going to need it.

mcdougall57
April 24th, 2008, 17:16
1./ Just imagine the extra treatment these kids will need after all the fights they will get into as a result of trying to determine who's turn it is to play next.

2./ I can imagine all the tantrums and extra work for the doctors and nurses.

3./ I can also imagine all those dirty hands on the controllers helping to spread disease. Rubber gloves anyone?

4./ Visiting kids trying to hog the machines too.

Nice thought but I bet these things will be turned off quite often!!!

Better check those age limits for the installed games. Don't want to be sued for mental trauma....

Good luck hospitals, you're going to need it.

indeed... thats why they turned off the megadrive in the hospital when i was younger, i was gutted...