PDA

View Full Version : White Or Black

wraggster
September 15th, 2005, 20:50
Ok so now the White PSP has been released and basically the question is White or Black, which is the nicest.

Having looked at both i am starting to favour the White PSP with its improved buttons regardless of firmware :)

Make your coments and vote, thisll be interesting

Cirus
September 15th, 2005, 21:21
Black

reminds me Xbox.. maybe the colours used :cool:

xuphorz
September 15th, 2005, 21:24
black, sleeker looking

parabolee
September 15th, 2005, 21:40
Black if only the fingerprints weren't so common.

I would imagine the white hides finger grease better and is almost as nice looking.

wraggster
September 15th, 2005, 21:46
maybe its just because the white is new but i really like it

PSmonkey
September 15th, 2005, 22:02
I like the black alot but at the current time I like the white PSP over all the most.

Mostly this is due to the improvements made with the buttons & d-pad being raised. If the D-Pad is much more responsive (specialy for diagonal input) I am so getting one.

Lets just hope WAB is not full of crap and actualy gets us a 2.0 firmware downgrader. :)

SmashinGit
September 15th, 2005, 22:08
Black, just looks so sexy!

coheedcollapse
September 15th, 2005, 22:16
I have to say I think many people like the white just because it's a change from what they've had for so long. I think the black color of the PSP compliments the sleek, sexy piece of hardware. Although it sucks that fingerprints show pretty well on it, that aside I think it's a better color. I'm pretty sure as long as the color isn't horrible, if any new versions of the PSP came out, many people would like it better than the original. Although I do have to admit the white PSP looks nice.

RitchBetts
September 15th, 2005, 22:26
I worry that I might get the analogue stick grubby but it is black&white for me. Black that can run 1.5 and all the homebrew fun and white that can keep getting new upgrades. I bet if it was the white that was released first black would seem exotic now. just look at the iPod Nano.

*o*
September 15th, 2005, 22:46
what are the button improvements?

YourStillWithMe
September 15th, 2005, 23:24
*o*-they just stick out a bit more so there easier to press. And in terms of the "downgrade" people that WAB is working on for all we know it may not work on the new white psp maybe its the same system and a different color but for all we know it may not read the update files the same or some BS, probably not but im not taking that risk. and I chose black because its the friggin ps2 cover and its very classic and basic whites like a wooo look at me i look stylish in color in terms of a video game system aside from the small ps1 what system was WHITE!!!? like a bright white? Ironic how the psone was a remodel and it was white same with this system.

Anyway its just another piece of evidence sony is using to get us to get out of our 1.5's and get using there hoembrew blocked 2.0 are you honestly going to get rid of a psp thats 250 and go spend another 250 smacks for a system you already own for a different color people? Thats ridiculous plus you already have the headphones and all that crap.

Shapyi
September 16th, 2005, 00:23
My 1.50 PSP is fine for now, but when new games that require the latest firmware comes out I plan to buy a Japanese Ceramic PSP. Not only for the firmware, but because it looks really nice and having a Region 2 PSP can come in handy one day.

shangrula
September 16th, 2005, 00:28
if they had always been white I am sure there would be many more people after a black one than the other way around...?

black PSP's look slick as fook. The white ones are OK, and i'm sure they will match your ipod beautifully but I like my psp just the way it is, black and bootylicious (because it boots homebrew, nothing wierd ;))

nonzero
September 16th, 2005, 02:10
White PSP looks amazing - So amazing that I bought 20 of em :D

The fingerprint thing on the black one was very irritating and seeing as the PSP is very popular they are all over the place now.

Got to be a little bit different ;)

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4943/wooo8uy.jpg

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 02:10
either your incredibly rich, or i'm incredibly gullable :p

nonzero
September 16th, 2005, 02:13
either your incredibly rich, or i'm incredibly gullable :p

You forget the third option - I'm a reseller :cool:

J@F
September 16th, 2005, 02:26
My super-greasy fingers make me <b>NEED</b> the white one. Lucky for me, my psp has many Dead pixels, and I have a 2 year warranty that will let me trade up cause of them.

wraggster
September 16th, 2005, 02:30
i want one as a nice looking spare :)

Cirus
September 16th, 2005, 02:38
My super-greasy fingers make me <b>NEED</b> the white one. Lucky for me, my psp has many Dead pixels, and I have a 2 year warranty that will let me trade up cause of them.

could u do a trade in cos of dead pixels

when playing ya psp in the dark in ya bed, i would find black being best :rolleyes:

J@F
September 16th, 2005, 02:44
could u do a trade in cos of dead pixels
that's how I read it, and that's what I was told. They said I could even get my $250 back

Fly On
September 16th, 2005, 03:03
Black OR white? Dammit, I just can't decide! Time to ignore my bidget again :).
If you have stuck pixels, try that stuck pixel fixer video. Set my PSP to repeat it all night, and when I wake up in the morning, the clusters of stuck pixels on the screen disappeared. If ya got dead pixels, the only fix I've heard is taking apart your PSP and massaging the screen. And only the bravest opt for this solution.

Cirus
September 16th, 2005, 03:03
who told ya that, i probably trade in cos mine v2.0 anyways :o

YourStillWithMe
September 16th, 2005, 03:49
cirus-I play my psp late at night as well. It's always a good stat to fall asleep after playing some Tiger Woods! :)

Who honestly cares how the system looks in all honesty? Are you going to a fashion show with it? Whatever. . . .It will entertain you for about 5 mins and then you wont care. It hides fingerprints so what it helps you learn to take care of the things you own if you have the black. Teaches you a good value/motive.

J@F
September 16th, 2005, 14:44
...It hides fingerprints so what it helps you learn to take care of the things you own if you have the black. Teaches you a good value/motive.

Very good point, the black PSP is probably teaching me good parenting skills, Which would be great if I was planning on having a kid. But I'm just a very oilly person. When I'm stressed, like if i'm trying to beat-up some jerk in Twisted Metal, online, I secrete oil like sweat. (Sorry if that grouses you out.) Maybe I'll make myself some thumb gloves and use them.

Is the white one coming to the US anytime soon, or at all?

nonzero
September 16th, 2005, 16:11
Who honestly cares how the system looks in all honesty? Are you going to a fashion show with it? Whatever. . . .It will entertain you for about 5 mins and then you wont care. It hides fingerprints so what it helps you learn to take care of the things you own if you have the black. Teaches you a good value/motive.

Hmmm...Do I detect some sour grapes in the area :p

If you really didn't care about the white PSP I doubt you'd be quite as vociferous in your posts...

Come on, tell the truth - The white one looks a lot cooler than the black one... :D

troy1
September 16th, 2005, 19:14
I think the white one does look alot cooler.

I have a black one right now with 1.5, but I also have a 2 year replacement plan. If allowed, I might swap em. I'm sure eventually there will be enough applications and games on UMD's that I will find homebrew and emulation almost a waste of time.

pspfan
September 17th, 2005, 02:30
I like them both, but I guess I'd lean towards black. White does look very nice, though.