PDA

View Full Version : GenPlus Wiimote - Genesis/Megadrive/SegaCD Emu for the Nintendo Wii

wraggster
April 23rd, 2008, 23:40
Lopst has released a new version of the Genesis/Megadrive/SegaCD Emu for the Nintendo Wii with Wiimote Support:

GenPlus wiimote and classic (v.1 LoPsT)

This is the Genesis Plus emulator for Wii of LoPsT.

------------------------------------------------

กกก SUPPORT OF 2 WIIMOTES AT A TIME !!!

------------------------------------------------

*Current features:

- Support of 2 Wiimotes and Classic Controller.

*Config of Buttons:

- Wiimote:

Wiimote GENESIS
---------------------
1 B
2 C
B A
+ START
- MODE
HOME Emulator menu

- Classic Controller:

Classic GENESIS
---------------------
X A
B B
A C
L X
Y Y
R Z
+ START
- MODE
HOME Emulator Menu.

Note:

Put your ROMS in: /genplus/roms
Put your save games in: /genplus/saves

Please Report Working/Non Working Games to our Genesis/Sega CD Emulators for Wii Compatability List (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107588)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

tehnoir
April 23rd, 2008, 23:43
While it's great to see all this people starting to contribute I really wish LoPsT would emphasize how unstable the wiimote code is right now.

dahun
April 24th, 2008, 00:38
While it's great to see all this people starting to contribute I really wish LoPsT would emphasize how unstable the wiimote code is right now.

unstable!?!?
go here on your wii to see the use of d-pad 1-2-a-b- - -+ butons www.wiicade.com

edit: i think A should be the A button

Skaterben55
April 24th, 2008, 00:53
front sd saving

iofthestorm
April 24th, 2008, 01:30
unstable!?!?
go here on your wii to see the use of d-pad 1-2-a-b- - -+ butons www.wiicade.com

edit: i think A should be the A button

Do you realize that flash code and homebrew code are miles apart? Support for the Wiimote in homebrew is in its infancy right now.

dahun
April 24th, 2008, 01:57
Do you realize that flash code and homebrew code are miles apart? Support for the Wiimote in homebrew is in its infancy right now.

so is wiihomebrew and wiipaint uses wii motion controls so its farther than flash code and also use home button

misticknight
April 24th, 2008, 05:27
is this like the SNES9x one where you have to press1 and 2 on the wiimote for the emulator to launch, cause although it takes like what, 2 seconds, it's still very annoying.

tehnoir
April 24th, 2008, 07:47
so is wiihomebrew and wiipaint uses wii motion controls so its farther than flash code and also use home button

You completely missed the point.
The fact is that the code being used for Wiimote support in homebrew is not yet stable. If developers want to include it in their releases, great! But I also think that users should be made aware that it may cause problems.
You should probably go read this:
http://www.wiiuse.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=186

Also, don't forget that writing code to use the Wiimote with a PC and writing code to incorporate it into homebrew running on the Wii (which is not exactly stable to start with) are two different things.

domthegod
April 24th, 2008, 09:55
What i think is that people should just let the creaters do there bisness and enjoy there brilliant work.

Nothing at all can be perfectly stable,

even created by nintendo them selves,

its just a part of the homebrew community to try there best to get there.

rememberthe8bit
April 24th, 2008, 11:39
Nothing at all can be perfectly stable,

even created by nintendo them selves,

Isn't that ironic? That's the very reason why we can run homebrew. :D And, I've yet to have any stability issues witht these emulators.

clockworkjb
April 25th, 2008, 01:48
Very nice release of an already very nice emulator, but apart from wiimote compatability, it still shares the same issues as its base. Crashes still occur in some games, ie. Chemical Plant in Knuckles in Sonic 2 and still no support for saving to front SD, only GC adaptor. One small issue I noticed was that the home button does not work on the Classic Controller, only the wiimote, which is kinda annoying when you want to go back to the menu using the CC.

Jay6
April 25th, 2008, 07:59
You sure this plays Sega CD games? For example, Sonic CD? If someone has got Sega CD working, please tell me how to get it to work, because it's not working for me.

Starscream
April 25th, 2008, 13:24
It does not play the CD games, this is a mistake in the news post here.

weazly
May 23rd, 2008, 04:28
in for updates

toas_t
May 30th, 2008, 16:03
I'm getting the following error when I select the front SD trying to load roms

"error mounting SD card: 0
Press A or 1 to Continue"

then pressing A or 1 does nothing. The wii becomes unresponsive and I have to hold the power button for 4 seconds to get anywhere :(

Any ideas? I've got the /genplus/roms and /genplus/saves directories.

Skm
May 31st, 2008, 10:09
make sure you have them in the root of your sd card!
saving only works for GC MCs right now.

try to write the foldernames in UPPERCASE. might help..

Bobelvago
June 1st, 2008, 02:39
This is also corrupted [like the new SNES9X update or whatever], please fix :(

WizardOfOdd
June 13th, 2008, 18:43
This looks great, but...

What do you do!?

Unzipped there are loads of files. I'm just looking for the boot.elf or whatever aren't I? I assumed it would be as easy to use at his SNES emulator. Sorry, I don't have a clue what to do.

What files do I need on my SD card? Where do I put them? What folder do they go in? I thought it would just be a folder to stick in apps like everything else, but no...

Cheers.

scrabbus
June 14th, 2008, 09:47
all we need now is saving and CD support, as most of the games for sega cd are small bins

Sir_Voe
June 14th, 2008, 15:33
all we need now is saving and CD support, as most of the games for sega cd are small bins

The newest official version has front saving.

Sir_Voe
June 14th, 2008, 15:35

The newest official version has front saving.

WizardOfOdd
June 15th, 2008, 09:54
Sorry to ask the same question again, but how do I use this? What files do I actually put on my SD card?

Thanks.

kevinleft
September 17th, 2008, 17:03
How do you get this to support two wii motes, every other genplus i tried only has one working and apparetly allows 4.
I just was never able to figure it out. Any suggestions?

Disthron
October 13th, 2008, 13:56
I'm sure this has been requested before but I would love to have sega CD support even.... dair I say it.... be able to play actual Sega CD games on my Wii.

I think that would be awesome. Grate emulator otherwise though. I was playing Lethal Enforcers 2 on it to try it out. It's way harder than playing with the controller but way cooler as well.:thumbup: