PDA

View Full Version : headphones

devilishgrin
April 25th, 2008, 02:28
hey i was just wondering if anyone out there owns a pair of wireless headphones(be it IR or BLUETOOTH)

i just wanted to get a few comments before i buy one for my own. Even suggestions on which ones to buy and ones that REALLY LAST.

i have this knack of destroying headphones that i own, Ive been through about 6 headphone changes within the span of 2 years. so Ive concluded that if i buy wireless ones, theres no wires for me to screw.

and when i say wireless ones, the ones that i could use on the go, and not the ones that has really big stands, kind of like these ones
http://www.thetechgeek.com/images/product_photos/980415-0403-BULK-box.gif

and if i do buy blue tooth ones, does it have to be used with a product that has bluetooth?
Im just going to use it on my psp and computer/laptop.

so there, thanks to those who had the time to give their thoughts.:thumbup:

JKKDARK
April 25th, 2008, 04:00
I prefer smaller headphones personally.

bah
April 25th, 2008, 06:08
I'm a big fan of wires.

Better sound quality, no batteries.

I have an old pair of sennheiser headphones that have been treated really badly (stepping on the cord then standing up, yanking them off my head etc) and are still going strong.

quzar
April 25th, 2008, 08:32
Sennheiser phones never die. I've got two pairs, one 2 years old and one half a year old. HD-280s and HD-555s. Great things, great quality.

jamotto
April 25th, 2008, 15:31
Sennheiser phones never die. I've got two pairs, one 2 years old and one half a year old. HD-280s and HD-555s. Great things, great quality.

Considering the cost of those, I would hope they last forever. I can vouch for Sennheiser though, I have a pair of PX-100s that I bought to replace my 16 year old Sony's, I'm very happy with them so far.

quzar
April 25th, 2008, 21:02
Considering the cost of those, I would hope they last forever. I can vouch for Sennheiser though, I have a pair of PX-100s that I bought to replace my 16 year old Sony's, I'm very happy with them so far.

They're actually surprisingly cheap relative to other comparable headphones, and much more durable.

masterchief929
April 25th, 2008, 21:54
i with bah on this one. i like wires. saves you a lot of money on batteries. but that is just a n00bs advice. ;)

devilishgrin
April 28th, 2008, 22:08
i bought me a skullcandy one and for a while it worked REALLY REALLY great.......... until i broke them.:rofl:

Sennheiser phones never die.

are you really really sure about that??..
cause im flat broke, and only reserve whats left of my last pay to buy really STURDY ones.

so wires are better then

bah
April 29th, 2008, 09:28
Well, I've had a pair of sennheiser 457 headphones (It was one of their cheapest models when I got them) for 4 or 5 years and have treated them pretty badly.
They're not broken in any way, the silver colour isn't as shiny as it once was but that's it.

If you step on them or treat them really rough then they will break like any others I'm sure.
They stand up to normal level of abuse very well from my experience though.

devilishgrin
May 1st, 2008, 02:56
sennheisers it is

thanks lots!
now to break my piggy bank. :D