PDA

View Full Version : C.O.R.E., New FPS For the DS

masterchief929
April 25th, 2008, 03:00
NoWay studios is in early development of a new FPS for the Nintendo DS. As the title states, C.O.R.E. is the title. The new DS title will support 4 player simultaneous online play.

In the story, you are an elite marine in a squad of other elite marines like yourself. After a meteor crash, your squad must work it's way to the center of a secret facility to find the secret of the meteor crash.

For any updates, screens, or any other additional information visit:
http://www.corethegame.com/

jaws365
April 25th, 2008, 16:08
FPS on DS rocks!!!

XDelusion
April 25th, 2008, 17:47
Looks good, I just hope the controls are as well!

mr game porter
April 25th, 2008, 17:59
nice! the ds needs more original fps games on the ds.

jaws365
April 25th, 2008, 19:24
Looks good, I just hope the controls are as well!

Hail to that! I actually meant that FPS on DS is cool because you have the mouse-like possibility.

____anders____
April 25th, 2008, 19:39
yeah, it's cool to have FPS games on the DS, and i like the Quake-like crosshair:p

looking forward to this one.

Akoi Meexx
April 25th, 2008, 20:12
If the engine is as good as they boast, I'll buy this in a heartbeat.

masterchief929
April 25th, 2008, 21:23
i really thought this looked like a great game.

limming
April 26th, 2008, 20:45
I hope it's as good as MPH.

policrat
April 27th, 2008, 13:02
nice! the ds needs more original fps games on the ds.

"Original" - well, yes. Since developers have both hands tied on the DS, technically, you'd think they'd do something interesting and strange within those limitations. Rather than versions of ten thousand other shooters on the PC. Looks like shovelware in any other respect.

TL;DR - C.O.R.E looks boring and generic.

I'm thinking they should have spent those months pursuing a license to port System Shock.

Da_ALC
May 1st, 2008, 15:16
policrat, what a looser you are.

Looks sweet. Need more effort put into DS games generally.
Things are starting to turn around.

policrat
May 10th, 2008, 15:12
Sorry to bump this, but - I got called a looser.

QuakeDS is impressive stuff, and all that technical effort comes free. C.O.R.E. sounds like a similar exercise, for 50 or 70 dollars. I'd much rather see something with imagination to its name, and not simply a polished engine (and a crippled rip-off). Which is a critical comment I know, but three-inch screens deserve better.

MORE BLUE SKIES! CAN YOU DO ANY LESS?!

jacinto009
August 28th, 2009, 01:09
I suppose you can't post links to ROMs on this site right? I think I have a link to the ROM. I am gonna test it out and see if it really works.