PDA

View Full Version : Reggie: 'Average Wii sits on shelf for an hour'

Shrygue
April 25th, 2008, 19:30
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187693)

Reggie Fils-Aime has said that, on average, Wii consoles stay on American shelves for just an hour before being purchased.

"We are passionately upset about the lack of product relative to demand," he told Wired in a discussion about the unprecedented consumer desire.

America is the only territory still suffering a shortage, despite receiving over 40 percent of the 1.4 million Wii consoles manufactured every month.

No doubt the impending release of Wii Fit is going to further hinder that. While we got it today, Americans have to wait until May 19 to get a copy. Time to sneak in a few more burgers yet.

masterchief929
April 25th, 2008, 21:44
thats hilarious. only an hour. lol i wonder how my parents got my wii for me for christmas. lol

BlueMonkey
April 26th, 2008, 07:51
Really? My Wii sits on the shelf for 3 weeks on average before I stop ignoring it. (for an hour, then it's back to shelf-time!)

DPyro
April 26th, 2008, 15:53
More like months ^_^

JKKDARK
April 26th, 2008, 16:06
Really? My Wii sits on the shelf for 3 weeks on average before I stop ignoring it. (for an hour, then it's back to shelf-time!)

The same is happing with the PlayStation 3... in the stores.

scrabbus
April 27th, 2008, 23:04
Well, like i've stated elsewhere on the forum, numerous times, whats wrong with a games company recieving positive press? For the last 25 years I have heard people bemoaning the lack of positive press for the games industry, now that a console is finally getting positive press people complain. I just dont get it, is this sort of reaction because its Nintendo? Sadly it would appear so. What I find most sad about all of this is that negative reactions to positive press only hurt the scene as a whole. We all play games, and if we enjoy the games we play on different consoles then so what? This infernal schoolboy attitude should be frowned upon by everyone in this forum. The bottom line here is that if we enjoy playing games and I assume we all do in here, we should just enjoy the games, so what if I have a 360, ps3 or a wii?? What difference to the grand scheme of things does it make? None thats what, this isnt a war, a battle or anything like it, I do feel that I am a fully autonimous individual, I feel no loyalty towards a box in my living room, I do not fight the battles of large corporations, they can do that pretty well on thier own, a legion of obsessive mean spirited light deprived 16 to 30 year old males is not going to shape the thinking of any of the major console manufacturers. I love games, and I mean love playing games, its a glorious escape from real life in general, but petty squabbling about which brand washes whiter is a rather feeble and ultimately self defeating pastime. So lets all have fun doing what we do, its a great thing we have here and lets not be dismissive of any positive press whatever the console.