PDA

View Full Version : Lumines Review

YourStillWithMe
September 17th, 2005, 00:28
What I always hear asked from my friends is how do you pronounce this game exactly (Loo-men-esss?) (Loo-Mines?) (LooMeans?) (Loom-a-ness??)
I like Loo-Mines (Lumines!)

So here it is! my review on Lumines!

Tetris fan at all to any extent? I am Tetris has now become what of my favorite games of all time! Know whats really good about it? You have to use your brain! Lumines is also like that. When your parents or people say around you that your rotting your brain playing psp you can tell them to try Lumines and see how well they do and difficult it is. It's a magnificent puzzle game and is def a must own on the psp!!!

Graphics- 3 out of 10

The graphics are not special at all in this game. In my opinion it doesnt really matter and you'll see why if you read on. It basically looks exactly like a SNES game. Nothing special here. No 3D special objects, no cool cutscenes. Simple cut and paste game. If graphics mean a lot to you, dont buy this game!

Sound-9 out of 10

Yup! thats right! a nine out of 10. When I first played this game I thought that the music was going to be boring like elevator music (although thats cool sometimes haha) but its actually VERY VERY Good! Each time you beat a certain stage within the game your blocks change color and you hear a different jam. My favorite song is in the first level its caled "Shining" I believe If your interested in downloading it or something. While your trying to make your squares its cool to listen to some good jams to keep you excited, right!? Some of the songs are even instramental which i also cool.

Entertainment level 10 out of 10

Aside from Tiger Woods PGA Tour this is my fav psp game! It is soooooooo much fun. This guy at gamestop told me it was really good, i thought he was nuts and a big weirdo but when i played it I couldnt put the game down honestly. I HAVE TO play this game every night before i go to sleep, it's VERY ADDICTING. Its like Tetris. What you have to do is create a four block square of exactly the same color and different 4 colored squares come in and you have to place them in a good spot. Like I said early its a puzzle game and a VERY entertaining one at that!

Repaly Value 10 out 10

Yup I can play this game over and over and over and over and over. It's not a game where you go through it, get all the weapons, beat all the bosses, and than its pointless. It's really just a game to keep your mind up and kep you thinking. This game also helps your improvisation in the real world because you have to think quickly!

So go grab your wallet (or your parents) and get this game. If you have to use the parents to pay say its a game that uses your brain and you can even show them how ;) ;)

Have fun with this one guys!

leggy
September 27th, 2005, 09:17
I must admit that this is my favourite game as well!

I can sit for hours and hours playing it.

Sometimes the simplest games are the best.