PDA

View Full Version : 3.52 M33 Easy Installer problems

DeusMortem
April 26th, 2008, 17:52
I've just tried to upgrade my 3.10 OE-A to 3.52 M33, using the easy installer provided in the topic dedicated to the 3.52 M33 Easy Installer on PSP-hacks.
I can't get it to work. Here's what I did:
1) Formatted my memory stick
2) Restored the PSP to default settings
3) Ran the program. It asked me to choose my PSP directory, and I did.
4) On my PSP, in the GAME menu, I ran the 3.52 M33UPDATE flasher.

After I had completed the last step, then screen went black. I tried to put my PSP back on after 20 seconds or so, but it wouldn't work, at first. After several tries, it did.

According to the system info, my firmware is still 3.10 OE-A. The only difference from before I tried to install, is that I freaking can't access Recovery mode any more.

This is what the "PSP" folder on my PSP looks like, as of now. I have put the files (well, file, really) in parenthesis The rest is folders:
COMMON (Empty)
GAME (Empty)
GAME150 > M33 UPDATE_352 (EBOOT.PBP)
GAME310 (Empty)
SAVEDATA (Empty)
SYSTEM (Empty)

As you can see, there is only one file. Namely, EBOOT.PBP, which lies in the M33 UPDATE_352 folder in GAME150.

I am in desperate need of help. I'm considering skipping 3.52 M33 after this, going with 3.40 OE-A instead (though it would be more optimal to get 3.52, of course), but I want to check what kernel (whatever that is) I'm using before continuing with any upgrade, and I can't go into Recovery mode.

First off, I would like to know how to make Recovery mode work again. Doing so, I'll be able to check what kernel I'm using (maybe there's another way of concluding that, but I wouldn't know).
I'll also, of course, be able to switch my kernel, if it turns out I'm using the wrong one.

mike_jmg
April 27th, 2008, 17:09
4) On my PSP, in the GAME menu, I ran the 3.52 M33UPDATE flasher.

Did you used the update creator before that one?

I don't know why you needed an easyinstaller, it's actually pretty easy to do it "manually". I suggest you try it out and see if it works.

First, get the 1.50 and 3.52 updates from www.psp-hacks.com
Get custom firmware 3.52 M33 from www.dark-alex.org
Unzip the files, change the 1.50 update to 150.PBP, same with 3.52, change the name to 352.PBP
And just follow the readme, ah, yes, everything goes on the GAME150 folder

Try to run it again, first there is an update creator wich doesn't flash anything and then the program creates the update flasher wich actually installs custom firmware.

If it doesn't work again, go to 3.40 OE first