PDA

View Full Version : Wii Homebrew Launcher v0.3

wraggster
April 27th, 2008, 11:29
Hell Hibou (http://wiihomebrewlauncher.be.cx/) has released a new version of his Homebrew Launcher for the Nintendo Wii, heres whats new:

A new version of Wii Homebrew Launcher is available. I want to thank Cladil for re-designed the interface.

The innovations are as follows:

The graphics have been re-handled by Cladil
The light blue Wii turns in access to the SD card
Suppresstion the string "Restart SD loader"
The font size was reduced to view the names of chains longer
Adding to display mode RGB 60Hz (beta)
Adding a configuration file to set the display settings manually
Ability to customize the interface
Creating a menu accessible by the START key enabling:
-- Back to the menu Wii
-- Turn off the Wii
-- Restarting the loader

A version using the Wiimote is currently under development. However, a major bug making homebrew useless pushed me to put this version (without wiimote) online. Indeed after the initialization of the Wiimote, using Front-SD becomes unstable. A new version with support of the wiimote will be put online as soon as the problem will be resolved. I do not know any time combine long it will take me (no need, therefore let me ask).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xsomax
April 27th, 2008, 12:00
Very nice... nut when i do enable the euRGB60 option my whole screen turns black, same goes for the fix for the SNES emulator. I know its still a Beta version but we will just have to wait for the next version xD
Edit: I tried it with all 5 modes that are avaiable, with mPAL i also dont get a screen but when i start the emulator, it has color and correct speed... with an big ugly black flashing tape on my screen >.<
PAL : the same old red error occurs
Ntsc: same error
euRGB60: see nothing , snes emulator stays also red
auto: same as PAL

Just wait, huh?

____anders____
April 27th, 2008, 14:26
it seems that this would have to be bugfixed rather than they try to slam more features in it..

linkinworm
April 27th, 2008, 16:15
this looks realy nice more pro than the other one, nice work, hopefully there will be a wiimote version soon, so i dont have to keep my GC pads plugged into this

juicethehedgehog
April 27th, 2008, 20:22
hmm.. let me see if i got this straight. so this here allows me to run wii homebrews right?

like, i run this then it runs the homebrew i want to run am i right?

xsomax
April 27th, 2008, 20:29
Yes you are correct, just put the boot.elf in the root directory of the SD card, then u make a new Homebrew folder. In that folder u make a folder for each homebrew(8 letters maximum) and there you put the homebrew(labeled as boot.elf) in.

masterchief929
April 27th, 2008, 21:02
i will probably just wait until the wiimote version comes out.

tehnoir
April 27th, 2008, 21:20
I haven't played with the customization at all, but I'm really liking this new version. The use of the blue slot light is a nice touch :)

KuLeD00d
April 27th, 2008, 23:15
Wait so, what is this, is this like the Wii Homebrew channel?

If so, does it stay permenant or does it vanish after 10 minutes like other channels?

More information would be nice!

____anders____
April 27th, 2008, 23:29
Wait so, what is this, is this like the Wii Homebrew channel?

If so, does it stay permenant or does it vanish after 10 minutes like other channels?

More information would be nice!

i don't think it's a channel, it's just another ELF loader, which happens to look like the wii's "OS" or something..

phinn
April 28th, 2008, 00:40
I'm running this on my gf's Wii. It's the best Homebrew channel (elf loader) out there. Got mine setup to launch SNES, NES, Genesis, ScummVM, etc. With graphics and all.

juicethehedgehog
April 28th, 2008, 02:01
ooh this is niice, i recoomend this so we dont have to keep switching the .elf files whenever we wanna do something else.. now all we need is for that one channel to not have a 10 minute limit to it. oh and on youtube i seen some one who used an iso to get rid of the 10 minute limit on the homebrew channel and snes channel

kingslime80
April 28th, 2008, 07:31
I didn't really like the Mario theme this came with so I made my own and thought you might like to try it yourselves.
Tell me what you think. :)

____anders____
April 28th, 2008, 10:12
ooh this is niice, i recoomend this so we dont have to keep switching the .elf files whenever we wanna do something else.. now all we need is for that one channel to not have a 10 minute limit to it. oh and on youtube i seen some one who used an iso to get rid of the 10 minute limit on the homebrew channel and snes channel

what the hell are you talking about?
i guess you have been away for a month or so, cus there is a cracked version of the homebrew channel without limits, and ELF loaders are available too, like the MAG loader f.e..