PDA

View Full Version : Reverb Updated

wraggster
April 27th, 2008, 12:05
chrisp6825 has updated his lua game reverb:

Ok, I made the squares into circles, included bombs, designed 5 levels, and cleaned the code up a bit to run a little faster. Maybe not noticeable on the psp but when I tested it on pc I had major slow-downs.

When you hit a bomb your ball is reset, stars come out where your ball "died", and it keeps the white line thats drawn where your ball goes.

The only reason I made just 5 levels is because I haven't made something I was planning on doing yet. I want to make "one-way walls" that should make the game a bit harder. After the first 5 levels the levels go back to being random, without bombs though.

If anyone has any ideas to make this game more "polished" or cleaner please let me know. Or if anyone has ideas for the game in general, I'd still like to know. I'm thinking about some kind of background, some floating rings effect around the finish ball.

The collisions are a bit lame, but I saw a post some time ago about fast "pixel perfect" collisions. So I might work on that.

Controls are the same :
Cross grabs blocks, start releases the ball, select quits, circle resets the level, square deletes the block under the cursor, L trigger slows down the analog movement. And I think thats all.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments