PDA

View Full Version : New Phantasy Star Portable Details

JKKDARK
April 27th, 2008, 18:36
via PSO-World (http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1821&mode=&order=0&thold=0)

According to EspioKaos's translations of Shougai PSO and Rakuten, Phantasy Star Portable is scheduled to be released on July 31, 2008. These websites make reference to some tenative plans to include some form of integration with the PC/Playstation 2 version of Ambition of the Illuminus. This might include the ability to download various online character information. However, there is no definitve confirmation of this feature yet. In spite of this uncertainty, the following concrete details were announced:

* Special Mission - This mission will be released on Ambition of the Illuminus and Phantasy Star Portable to celebrate the game's release.
* 1500 Items - This will include weapons from Phantasy Star Universe and Ambition of the Illuminus.
* Multiple Endings - The ending you receive will depend on the choices you make while going through Story Mode.
* Downloadable Missions

wolfpack
April 27th, 2008, 20:06
phantasy star for psp? sounds like a good game, ive never played any of the phantasy star games before, i guess this would be a good game to start with :D

JKKDARK
April 27th, 2008, 20:13
Yes, it will be based on Phantasy Star Universe

Drego
April 27th, 2008, 21:06
This is great news. So is this a homebrew? or a actual Published game. Reason I ask is because PSU (Phantasy Star Universe) for the PC was very graphical, (dunno about PS2). It would be great to get something that would connect to sane servers like the old PC/PS2/DC used to do. Which btw, I was sad when they brought the official servers down :-(

JKKDARK
April 27th, 2008, 21:21
No no, it's an official game.

Drego
April 27th, 2008, 21:31
Thats awesome. (Yeah I posted to soon.) Decided to read the actual article :-P Anyway, I hope this comes over to the US. I would love an MMOish game for my PSP :-)