PDA

View Full Version : MGO beta: New map and Sneaking mode

Shrygue
April 28th, 2008, 15:18
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187786)

UK players lucky enough to have actually got the Metal Gear Online beta working will find new content awaiting them today.

An update for the European beta has added a new map, Midtown Maelstrom, and a new mode of play, Sneaking Mission.

Midtown Maelstrom is, as you'd expect, another murky urban environment with abandoned apartment blocks and sandbag bunkers in the streets providing cover for shootouts.

Stealth Mission, the mode long-time fans may remember from MGS: Subsistence, has one player controlling Snake and trying to collect the dog tags from the other players on the field.

It's a game of hide and seek, as Snake wears a camo suit making it tough for the other players to spot him.

The MGO beta runs until May 11, a week longer than the original May 5 cut-off, due to earlier teething problems.

Accordion
April 28th, 2008, 15:38
Snake!!!!!

Napalm-Death
April 28th, 2008, 15:47
Is there... a catapult in this map?!

Accordion
April 28th, 2008, 18:39
I dont think so, the map is very similar to the 15 minute demonstration area. Exploding vans and all.

Playing as Snake and MKII is loads of fun. I just wish that they could communicate with the SOP system, however. I spent a whole game only seeing snake once.

I guess all those claims of no MGS4 demo were false, a spoiler free demo including octocamo and MKII is very welcome.

Napalm-Death
April 29th, 2008, 00:11
How does the MKII control? Do you shift control from Snake to the MKII in order to use it?