PDA

View Full Version : Austrian abused his own daughter and had seven children

JKKDARK
April 28th, 2008, 23:39
via AFP (http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5idbKMCdXcYflfJxzsRWbdnaebPxg)

Austrian police on Sunday arrested a 73-year-old man accused accused of locking up his daughter in a basement for 24 years and fathering seven children with her.

A prosecution spokesman said that Elisabeth Fritzl, 42, had accused her father of "massive crimes". It is the third stunning case to be revealed in Austria in recent years of children being locked away by their parents.

Investigators said the woman gave birth to seven children in the sealed cellar of her father's house near Amstetten in Lower Austria state, in the east of the country.

Gerhard Sedlacek, spokesman for the Sankt-Polkten prosecutor's office, told a press conference that Fritzl's accusations of kidnapping and incest are "credible".

Police said they are still trying to get the man, silent since his arrest, to talk, although the head of Lower Austria's criminal detective division, Franz Polzer, added that they are hopeful of a breakthrough.

Police said DNA samples would be taken as part of their investigation.

They said the woman had three boys and three girls aged from five to 20 and that a seventh child died three days after its birth.

According to ORF national television, the mother and her children are now in the hands of a team of psychologists.

The six surviving children were never registered with the authorities. And the extraordinary case only came to light after one of the girls, a 19-year-old named Kerstin, was admitted to hospital in Amstetten in a serious condition in mid-April.

Doctors trying to establish the nature of her infection sought to contact the mother for background medical information and Fritzl's incarceration came to light.

Fritzl had been reported missing for several years and Interpol had opened a file on her disappearance.

Local Austrian authorities, who had no social security information on her, believed she had fallen into the grip of a religious sect.

mcdougall57
April 28th, 2008, 23:58
i feel more sorry for their kids, their mother is their sister its discusting

Shrygue
April 29th, 2008, 00:03
Saw this already on the BBC News, it's nasty business. That guy must have gone off his head somewhere to go and do such a terrible thing to his own daughter.

Kaiser
April 29th, 2008, 00:22
Thats truly messed.

*shudders

wraggster
April 29th, 2008, 00:38
yeah as a father i just for the life of me cant understand how he could do that to his daughter, hes one sick bastard, give me 10 minutes with him and an iron bar

slaanesh
April 29th, 2008, 00:55
Whilst this is news, it's not really related to what dcemu should be presenting as news is it?

daknight
April 29th, 2008, 00:57
There are some really mess up people in this world -_- This is a very depressing story

JKKDARK
April 29th, 2008, 01:00
Whilst this is news, it's not really related to what dcemu should be presenting as news is it?
It is. The DCEmu Blog forum is for "Offtopic and Rant News".

slaanesh
April 29th, 2008, 01:38
It is. The DCEmu Blog forum is for "Offtopic and Rant News".

But as frontpage news?

Shrygue
April 29th, 2008, 18:18
The DCEmu Blog has its own frontpage; therefore any topics in this forum shows up there - it will not appear on any other frontpage. There's nothing wrong with post off topic news now and then, as long as it's sensible and in the right forum.

ExcruciationX
May 1st, 2008, 00:26
yeah as a father i just for the life of me cant understand how he could do that to his daughter, hes one sick bastard, give me 10 minutes with him and an iron bar
Nah, give the iron bar to me.

Triv1um
May 25th, 2008, 23:03
Well if his daughter was hot..... Haha, just kidding.

Yeah, this is some sick shit. I was shocked when I heard about it, and I don't get shocked by the news much.