PDA

View Full Version : NeoDS - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
April 29th, 2008, 16:17
ingramb has today released a major shocker for the Nintendo DS Emulation Scene and that is a Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS that he has been working on for a year. Games like windjammers, Metal Slug and Fatal Fury work either perfect of near perfect.

Heres the full details

NeoDS v0.1.0 by Ben Ingram

If you have questions, READ THIS DOCUMENT FIRST!!! . If you still have questions, email me at ingramb AT gmail DOT com. I will be happy to help, but possibly slightly annoyed if your question is answered in this document.

INTRODUCTION

This is a NeoGeo AES/MVS emulator for the Nintendo DS. It can run all types of NeoGeo roms with some limitations.

Currently emulated:

* M68000 cpu (cyclone)
* Z80 cpu (DrZ80)
* All forms of NeoGeo protection/encryption
* Graphics
* ADPCM audio
* PSG audio

Not emulated:

* FM audio
* Raster effects
* Multiplayer
* Some timings are not that accurate

FM audio has already been done in jEnesisDS, so it is possible in theory. It will be hard to squeeze it into NeoDS, as both the ARM7 and ARM9 are pretty busy. But I will try. Most of the graphics in NeoDS are drawn with textured quads. Emulating raster effects using this method would require more polygons per frame than the DS is capable of (as far as I can tell). It may be possible to emulate raster effects using the DS 2D hardware, but there are lots of reasons why this would be difficult.

USING THE EMULATOR

Required:
* Nintendo DS (lite)
* DLDI compatible flash card

First, you need to patch NeoDS.nds for your DLDI flash card (NOTE - not all flashcards require patching). See here: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/index.html. Please don't email me for help about this, there are plenty of places online that explain how this works.

Next you will need to convert some NeoGeo roms (mslug.zip for example). You also need a bios rom (neogeo.zip). NeoDS uses the same rom sets as MAME, so make sure your games work in MAME before proceeding. Put all the roms you want to convert along with the bios together in a folder. Copy NeoDSConvert.exe into the same folder. Run NeoDSConvert, and it will convert all the NeoGeo roms in that folder. The converted roms will have the *.neo extension.

Copy the DLDI patched NeoDS.nds, and all the *.neo roms into the root of your flashcard. Run NeoDS.nds. The main menu should load, showing you a list of all the roms on your card. Use the arrow keys to select, and press start to choose. The rom should load, and you should be playing. You can load a rom without audio which will improve frame rate, but you won't get any sound (obviously). Once a game is loaded without audio, the only way to get audio back is to reload the game. Some games will freeze with audio disabled, so be warned!

Controls
[Arrow keys] - Arrow keys
[A, B, X, Y] - NeoGeo face buttons
[Start] - Start
[Select] - Coin

The NeoDS gui is controlled with the stylus.
* Video - Video can be normal or scaled. Normal is a cropped screen. Scaled shows the full screen, but scaled down to fit.

* CPU Clock- The NeoGeo cpu can be underclocked. This can actually make some games run faster! It is easier for NeoDS to emulate a slower cpu, and some NeoGeo games don't use the full cpu power anyway. Experiment and see.

* Screen Off - The lower screen can be turned off. Touch anywhere to turn it back on.

* Load rom - Load a new game

Please report any crashes to me. The more info you can give me, the better. Thanks!

ADVANCED

You can run NeoDSConvert from the command line. In this case, it takes up to 2 parameters.
-bios0 use the euro bios
-bios1 use the euro-s1 bios
-bios2 use the us bios
-bios3 use the us-e bios
-bios4 use the asia bios
-bios5 use the japan bios
-bios6 use the japan-s2 bios
-bios7 use the japan-s1 bios
-bios8 use the uni-bios.10 bios
-bios9 use the uni-bios.11 bios
-bios10 use the debug bios
-bios11 use the asia-aes bios
If there is another parameter, it will be interpreted as the name of the game, as given to MAME. In this case, only this rom will be converted.

For example, pretend you want to convert Metal Slug 1, using the japan-s2 bios. Create a new directory (C:\roms). Copy mslug.zip and NeoDsConvert.exe into C:\roms. To open a command line, click start, select "run...", type "cmd", and press enter. Type "cd c:\roms". Press enter. Then type "NeoDSConvert -bios6 mslug". Press enter.

TODO
* Save states
* Faster M68k cpu core
* Improved stability
* FM audio (?)
* Raster effects (?)
* Wifi multiplayer (?)
* Clean up NeoDSConvert source if I feel like it

TECHNICAL NOTES

NeoGeo games can be close to 100MB in size, while the ds only has 4MB of ram. Graphics, sound, and program code all need to be streamed into ram constantly while the emulator is running. NeoDs uses a modified libfat which has a lookup table to vastly speed up seek times. In the future, slot2 ds ram expansion packs could provide some speed up. But they only have 32MB, so games will still have to stream.

The emulator uses a slightly modified version of Cyclone for the m68k core. The memory handlers are all done in assembly code and integrated into the core. The jump table is also compressed using a series of sub jump tables. This uses an extra arm instruction to decode each opcode, but reduces the .nds file size by ~200k, and improves cache utilization. This seems to give a slight speed increase. My feeling is that cpu emulation is heavily memory bound. I think a smaller m68k core that fit mostly into the TCM could be much faster than cyclone, even if it needed more instructions to execute each opcode.

The NeoGeo sprite graphics are all done with textured quads using the ds 3d hardware. The NeoGeo tile layer is done with a ds tile background. Doing raster effects with quads is possible in theory, but changing quads per-scanline would need way more quads per frame than the ds is capable of rendering. 2d sprites could be used instead of quads, but this has several problems. The NeoGeo can render many more sprites than the ds, so it would take a complex hblank handler to swap them on a per-scanline basis. Also, the ds can only address 1024 sprites at once. This corresponds to 256k worth of vram, which is half what I can get using quads.

The NeoGeo adpcm audio is streamed from the card and decoded in software because the NeoGeo's audio format doesn't quite match the ds hardware format. The NeoGeo PSG is mapped directly to the ds PSG hardware. FM audio would probably have to be done on the arm7. But the arm7 has very little memory, and can't afford any slowdown (or else the audio will be choppy). A faster and smaller Z80 core might be needed first.

LICENCE

The gui code is all public domain (all files that begin with gui). The NeoDSConvert code is all public domain, except where the MAME/zlib licenses apply. The emulator code is free to use for non-commercial purposes. Contact me if these terms don't work for you.

I would appreciate credit/thanks in all cases if you use parts of NeoDs, but it's not required. Also, I would discourage the release of modified versions. If you have useful changes, submit them to me, and I'll put them in the official version, with full credit going to you. If you must release your own version, I would encourage you to release the source. But if you really want to release your own closed source version, I won't stop you (just don't try to sell it).

CREDITS
* FinalDave, notaz for Cyclone
* Reesy for DrZ80
* Wintermute for devkitPro toolchain
* chishm for libfat
* MAME for parts of NeoDSConvert
* Minizip used by NeoDSConvert
* GnGeo, FinalBurnAlpha, MAME, MVSPSP for source code reference
* Charles MacDonald for NeoGeo technical documentation
* Alexander Stante for NeoGeo technical documentation
* Brandon Long for a nice small sprintf implementation
* Everyone who answers questions on the gbadev.org forums
* Let me know if you think you should be here!

HISTORY

Project started Summer 2007

v0.1.0 4/29/2008
initial release

Digg This Awesome Release for the DS Scene (http://digg.com/nintendo/NeoDS_Neo_Geo_AES_MVS_Emulator_for_Nintendo_DS) :)

http://digg.com/nintendo/NeoDS_Neo_Geo_AES_MVS_Emulator_for_Nintendo_DS

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

wraggster
April 29th, 2008, 16:28
if anyone can take some screens ill stick them on the newspost, what an amazing release, i like others thought it was a joke at first :)

mrgone
April 29th, 2008, 17:09
tried metal slug x and metal slug 3 (had nothing smaller at hand)
both did not work, fps went to 60, but the top screen stayed black;
also, if i try to load another game after the first one didnt work, the DS hangs

iofthestorm
April 29th, 2008, 17:31
I tried metal slug 1, didn't work, fatal fury didn't work either, then after a while the screen flashed colors and I got a fatal error that said Invalid PC:FF3FFF3F

Ahh, people on gbadev.org said to use -bios1 when converting. I'll see if that works.
http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=15460

TaN00Ki
April 29th, 2008, 17:37
Same here :/

Tyr
April 29th, 2008, 17:38
Considering DS memory capabilities i would recomend trying the 1-9 meg games as anything above would be unrealisitic or go very slowly so try the first-gen games like Nam 1975.

Penguinator
April 29th, 2008, 18:41
Tried with 1,5 Mb League Bowling and little over 2 Mb Crossed Swords. Nothing really happens.
I haven't tested with MAME.
But almost everyone gets it to work at here, (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=15460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) so what's the problem?

juicethehedgehog
April 29th, 2008, 18:55
hmm. i need to know what the zipfile for the games need to be specific like what if mslug.zip was metalslug.zip but supposed to be mslug.zip?

Penguinator
April 29th, 2008, 18:58
And now, after converting with -bios1, the neogeo.zip BIOS is working.
Both League Bowling and Crossed Swords come up with weird green screen with some strange texts.

paul3100
April 29th, 2008, 19:11
Tried on my supercard SDHC and the same as described above! Tried both metal slug 1 & 2 with no luck and only the fps moving.....

Perhaps we are all doing something wrong :-)

paul

RV2006
April 29th, 2008, 19:21
wait a little while after that and it should load :D
Its only the bios loading, its perfectly normal...

So far I have tested these games:
Metal Slug: Works good, but crashes randomly (s)
NEOCUP 98: Menu works, crashes emu before a match starts (s)
KOF97: Works Almost perfectly (a little lag when action gets hectic) (s)
KOF94: Perfect (s)
Puzzle Bobble 2: Perfect (s)
Windjammers: Can't get it to load (s)
Neo Bomberman: Perfect (s)
Samurai Showdown: Perfect (s)
Viewpoint: Perfect (s)
Top Hunter: Perfect (s)

(s)= with sound

I hope he can get save states working, it would make Metal Slug playable and completable

If NEOGEO is working this good, then maybe CPS1/CPS2 emulation is possible too! (as one could use similar techniques to get them working)

This is excellent work so far!

Keep up the good work!

Sir_Voe
April 29th, 2008, 19:43
Works great for me since I switched to using bios1 via the command line. Nam and Samurai Showdown are working great, but as mentioned before, Metal Slug freezes (only when I toss a grenade from my experience). This is amazing, thanks to the dev. for what I'm sure was a lot of hard work and determination.

Edit: Add Magician Lord to the list of games that seem to work well, sound included.

havoc_012
April 29th, 2008, 20:15
****ing epic!

Tyr
April 29th, 2008, 20:18
This emu caught me by suprise , i thought i would only get small games to load and work well but even Blazing Star runs great!

daknight
April 29th, 2008, 20:18
Ok, after a lot of trial an error, finally got the 'green screen' mention earlier. Now I been leaving it like that for awhile but nothing seems to happen, I know patience is a virtue but a minute seems a lot to boot the bios.

I tested the games people mention work and it just stays in the green screen...did I do something wrong? O_o (Yes I am using Bios1)

RV2006
April 29th, 2008, 20:47
odd...
Wait, what card are you using?
Does it have auto DLDI patching?
I'm using a R4DS and it works fine for me
(what I did was manually DLDI patch the NeoDS, then disable auto patching by using DLDI No-Patch.exe. I wouldn't think that would make a difference though...)

EDIT: I've tried a few more games:
Metal Slug X: Works very good, with occasional slowdowns.
I reccomend no scaling as it slows it down even more...
Unlike the first Metal Slug, it hasn't crashed. (S)
2020 Baseball: Perfect (S)

-evilryu-
April 29th, 2008, 21:11
i've just put metal slug 1,2,3,4,5,x with neogeo.zip in the converter dir,run NeoDSconvert (also from command line) but it convert online ms 1,2 and X,it IGNORE 3,4,5 ....why?

edit:maybe i've undertood why

Mini Moose
April 29th, 2008, 21:20
Wow! This is incredible! Simply amazing! :D

Could this suggest the possibility for a MAME emulator for DS?! (with limitations of course)

RV2006
April 29th, 2008, 21:30
the best way to convert is to make a .txt file
put in the location of NoDsConvert.exe and the
-bios1 e.g:
"C:\Documents and Settings\oem\My Documents\NeoDsConvert.exe -bios1"
then save the text file as a .bat
Then instead of running the command line all the time, all you do is run the .bat

Also a little compat update:

Metal Slug 2: works until you select character, then screen goes black and music repeats (s)

Metal Slug 4: Works good. Suffers from lag mostly during bosses
Perfect settings unsure, changing them around from time to time helps a little (S)

Some advice: Delete your existing non-working .neo files (ones that you didn't make with -bios1) before rebuilding with -bios1
as they will NOT work otherwise!

ingramb
April 29th, 2008, 21:37
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback so far.

I know it's been mentioned, but you need MAME compatible roms for NeoDS. The converter is actually a stripped down version of MAME, which handles all the decrytion/protection crap that newer NeoGeo games have. But it will only load games that are in the format MAME expects (even the file name must be correct).

I know this is kinda a pain, especially if you have a collection of roms for a different emulator, but it would be more or less impossible for me to try to support every type of dump. So I chose MAME as the standard. If MAME can't load it, the converter may ignore it, and it certainly won't work in NeoDS. It's possible that rom organizing programs might be able to fixup non-MAME sets, but I haven't really tried this.

I'll try to get some of the broken games working soon. Metal Slug 1 used to work for me, so I must have broken it shortly before release =)

wraggster
April 29th, 2008, 22:18
thanks for such a stunning release, i didnt think the DS was capable of running a Neogeo emulator and at full speed, simply stunning :)

a true awesome moment in emulation :)

RowaN
April 29th, 2008, 22:25
Help! Cant even get the menu to load...

I've patched neogeo.nds with DLDI Patcher 0.32 for my card (slot2 supercard lite/microsd), and placed it into the root. When I run it I get a black screen at the bottom, and a white screen at the top, and nothing else. Have I missed something?

I do have a ROM on the root too, kof94.neo

What am I doing wrong?

p.s. BRAVO to the author of this. Free software rocks.

Mini Moose
April 29th, 2008, 22:26
I can't get the converter executable working. (it keeps saying that I'm missing a. DLL file)

I have experience with DOS and I can't get the converter working through a line command prompt. (I'm carefully following the detailed instructions provided in the readme file)

I own a Mac so I'm trying to use my old Windows 98 (FE) to convert the games... (DOSBox on Mac won't convert them either)

Someone please help......

limming
April 29th, 2008, 22:35
wow! so this really works?! I am totally getting this!!
I hope the audio gets fixed

ingramb
April 29th, 2008, 23:42
> I can't get the converter executable working. (it keeps saying that I'm missing a. DLL file)
The converter is built with visual studio 2005 express. You may need to install the redistributable package: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

> When I run it I get a black screen at the bottom, and a white screen at the top, and nothing else. Have I missed something?
It may not work with your flash card for some reason. I will try to look into it.

Ragezort
April 30th, 2008, 00:22
> I can't get the converter executable working. (it keeps saying that I'm missing a. DLL file)
The converter is built with visual studio 2005 express. You may need to install the redistributable package: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

> When I run it I get a black screen at the bottom, and a white screen at the top, and nothing else. Have I missed something?
It may not work with your flash card for some reason. I will try to look into it.

Not running for me in SC Lite 1.84

davidcrew
April 30th, 2008, 00:23
alright so im just trying to set up a noob guide for people, but, I am actually running into problems myself haha.

Using: R4

alright I have a neogeo.zip and a mslug4.zip (yes i do own the game and the backup is legitimate) and i stick the two zip files (still zipped) in a folder.

Then I copy over the contents of the NeoDsConvert folder, (which includes the exe) into the new folder. So I have the two zip files, and the folders Minizip, NeoDsConvert, zlib-1.2.3, the exe, the NeoDsConvert.sln, and the two zip files all in the same folder.

I double click the exe, and it goes through and spits out two new files, both with the .neo extension.

I place the folder NeoDs folder (that is extracted from the zip file that you download off of your site) onto my card. Then I put the two .neo files into the root of my card as well.

Then i turn on the r4, go through and open up the NeoDs.nds file, and it is auto dldi patched (i guess) and boots up. I see the list of the two .neo files, and click start for the mslug4

then the top screen is black, the bottom screen works and you can change the settings, and it runs at 60fps.

and then thats it. Yet no game shows up on the top. I tried the same method with another neo geo rom, but it did not work. So meh. I dunno what to do.

so i dunno if i did this wrong, but if i did, just modify my post so more people know how to do it =p

Bigburito
April 30th, 2008, 00:24
I get a weird glitchy green screen (it looks like some kind of logo but it is off the edge and parts are strewn about...) on metal slug 1 and 2, but on the neogeo bios it goes to a little menu thing for the emulator...

ingramb
April 30th, 2008, 01:16
You need to pass -bios1 (or a different bios) to the converter. It won't work with no bios specified. This is a bug that will be fixed.

Steely
April 30th, 2008, 01:28
ingramb, you're awesome.
Simply awesome.
Really simply awesome.

But can you write a step-by-step guide on using NeoDS?

Now, if only we had a SNES emulator...(that you could enjoy games like Super Metroid on)

iofthestorm
April 30th, 2008, 01:38
SNemulDS? It runs Super Metroid somewhat well.

On topic, now I see. I guess I forgot to delete the old .neo files from before I used the -Bios1 switch.

davidcrew
April 30th, 2008, 02:40
what exactly is this -bios1 switch? O.o

Mini Moose
April 30th, 2008, 02:56

Thanks! The converter works!!

I just can't seem to get the games working properly on the emulator though....

I'm trying to apply the "-bios1" command, but it just not working.........

davidcrew
April 30th, 2008, 03:28
ahh, i saw the cmd prompt switch method, took a little to figure out :D

Mini Moose
April 30th, 2008, 03:39
ahh, i saw the cmd prompt switch method, took a little to figure out :D

Wait, what? What are you talking about? How?

(Sorry, it's just that I'm not an avid Windows user)

Bigburito
April 30th, 2008, 03:49
You need to pass -bios1 (or a different bios) to the converter. It won't work with no bios specified. This is a bug that will be fixed.

Thats what I did... (if I just use the .exe without it it would just go to a black screen...) I DLDIed it and when that didn't work I put a fresh copy of the homebrew on my cart and tried to run it through DSOrganize with the same result...

davidcrew
April 30th, 2008, 04:03
Wait, what? What are you talking about? How?

(Sorry, it's just that I'm not an avid Windows user)

yeah, just follow his directions in the first post about the "ADVANCED" stuff, its straightforward. All you do is just pick a path, and just type some stuff in

but im still getting the green screen, even with diff roms, bios, and everything.

so i dunno what it is <.<

juiceface
April 30th, 2008, 05:52
alright :) i figured id give this one a try:

tested on a dsone, converted the metal slug 1 rom successfully using the -bios1 flag.

the game runs! but the graphics are all glitched out. however the top menus all are perfect, where it shows your lifebar, the "push start" and other things on the top are fine. The music is perfect!

the only problem is the huge graphical glitches, it starts from the very beginning where "neo geo" is supposed to be when you load a neo geo game. That is all glitched out, along with all the normal gameplay. anyone else experiencing this? :)

thank you author for your efforts

juiceface
April 30th, 2008, 06:09
Figured it out!!! I had an older version of the neogeo bios :) i found the newest one and now everything is PERFECT

metal slug 1 - perfect gfx and sound (except when you throw a grenade, it reset, i read that it is a known problem)

samuri showdown; perfect gfx and sound :)

aces man, ****ing aces!!

Mini Moose
April 30th, 2008, 06:31
yeah, just follow his directions in the first post about the "ADVANCED" stuff, its straightforward. All you do is just pick a path, and just type some stuff in

Yeah, dude. That's exactly what I tried to do. But it keeps giving me some error message like: "ILLEGAL COMMAND".

LHCO
April 30th, 2008, 06:37
its no run on supercard lite?a green screen appears and go to a screen with various collors and after go a screen with strange options...

juiceface
April 30th, 2008, 06:48
1. download his software, say you put it in c:\neods, it will look like this:

c:\neods\NeoDs.ds
c:\neods\arm7\
c:\neods\arm9\
c:\neods\common\
c:\neods\cyclone2
c:\neods\NeoDsConvert

2. For an example we will get metal slug working. Place your mslug.zip file and neogeo.zip file inside the c:\neods\NeoDsConvert directory. The rom zip must be a valid mame rom, and the neogeo bios must be the latest bios.

3. inside windows go to Start menu --> Run --> and type in "cmd" and hit enter, a DOS prompt will appear.

4. type in the following commands when the DOS prompt appears:
1. c: [enter]
2. cd neods [enter]
3. cd NeoDsConvert [enter]

5. Once you are in the c:\neods\neodsconvert directory type the following command: (make sure you placed the rom and bios in this directorty as indicated in step 2)

neodsconvert -bios1

You will see a bunch of conversion stuff fly by in the dos window. if you are returned to a dos prompt with no errors, everything is a success.

6. close the DOS window and explore in windows back to c:\neods\NeoDsConvert , 2 new files will have been created by the converter, mslug.neo , and neogeo.neo.

7. finnaly copy mslug.neo neogeo.neo AND NeoDs.nds (found at c:\neods\NeoDs.ds ) to THE ROOT of your memory card. It will not load up if these 3 files are not in the root of your card.

8. turn on DS, run NeoDs.ds.

9. select mslug rom inside the emulator and press start

10. Game should be running

toguro_max
April 30th, 2008, 07:04
Figured it out!!! I had an older version of the neogeo bios :) i found the newest one and now everything is PERFECT
(...)

Man thank you, u don't imagine how you help me out ^_^

The problem i had was not with the ROM itself, but the BIOS file, thanks a lot!

Oh yeah, and ingramb, you did a freaking hell of a good work here, congrats!

Mini Moose
April 30th, 2008, 07:15
Wow! Thanks a bunch juiceface! I'll try it out!

havoc_012
April 30th, 2008, 08:22

2. For an example we will get metal slug working. Place your mslug.zip file and neogeo.zip file inside the c:\neods\NeoDsConvert directory. The rom zip must be a valid mame rom, and the neogeo bios must be the latest bios.

3. inside windows go to Start menu --> Run --> and type in "cmd" and hit enter, a DOS prompt will appear.

2. cd neods [enter]

5. Once you are in the c:\neods\neodsconvert directory type the following command: (make sure you placed the rom and bios in this directorty as indicated in step 2)

neodsconvert -bios1

You will see a bunch of conversion stuff fly by in the dos window. if you are returned to a dos prompt with no errors, everything is a success.

6. close the DOS window and explore in windows back to c:\neods\NeoDsConvert , 2 new files will have been created by the converter, mslug.neo , and neogeo.neo.

7. finnaly copy mslug.neo neogeo.neo AND NeoDs.nds (found at c:\neods\NeoDs.ds ) to THE ROOT of your memory card. It will not load up if these 3 files are not in the root of your card.

Great tutorial, but you can put the NeoDS.nds file anywhere, but it only looks for roms in the root.

ingramb
April 30th, 2008, 09:07
Even though the converter creates a neogeo.neo file, you don't need it. Each *.neo file has bios information embedded inside it. Only GAME.neo and NeoDS.nds are needed.

But thank you juiceface, that is much more thorough than my instructions :)

Mini Moose
April 30th, 2008, 09:57
After following juiceface's very well written tutorial I still can't get the games to work. The files were properly converted (with the "-bios1" flag) but all I get is either a wonderful seizure-causing flashing screen, or an inconclusive black screen. (I waited for about 4 minutes on the blank black screen)

Is it because I have a Max Media Dock? I DLDI patch, so.....I don't know what is wrong.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the next release and hope that works..... *sigh* V_V

Ragezort
April 30th, 2008, 10:15
its no run on supercard lite?a green screen appears and go to a screen with various collors and after go a screen with strange options...

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3582/screenshotjf9.th.jpg (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotjf9.jpg)

This happend in my SC. (LOL time, NO$GBA runs like SC! XD)

fkhan
April 30th, 2008, 11:17
To people who have got kof98 working, which bios number did you guys apply, I tried 6 and pops up with the grid screen.

paul3100
April 30th, 2008, 11:46
Ok still not getting it to work guys...

Tried juiceface's tutorial but still no luck, on the command prompt i type C: then i type in cd neods and then it comes up saying it can't find the directory?

And whats this bios-1 thing all about? i have the mame bios which brings up a black screen on my ds when loaded...

For me and others like me can someone make an even simpler tutorial explaining everything please :-)

paul

crookedmouth
April 30th, 2008, 12:12
Just make a shortcut of NeoDsConvert.exe, right click it and add -bios1 to the target. Like this "C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Desktop\NeoGeo\NeoDs\NeoDsConver t\NeoDsConvert.exe" -bios1. Put neogeo.zip(neogeo bios, don't extract) and your zipped games like lresort.zip in the same folder NeoDs\NeoDsConvert and then run your shortcut with the -bios1 added to target. Remember it is a space then the -bios1.
No need to use the command prompt.

Shidori
April 30th, 2008, 12:21
You can also put NeoDsConvert.exe and all your games.zip in a folder then create a .txt file, open it and type:

NeoDsConvert.exe -bios1

Close it and save, rename the extension .txt to .bat and run the .bat instead of NeoDsConvert.exe, it will automatically convert all your games in the folder. You can try bios6 for metal slug for exemple, with japanese bios the blood is red!

robman84
April 30th, 2008, 12:43
Wow, wow, wow. An amazing achievement! I really had to see this to believe it. Still not sure I do, given how fantastically it works as a first version.

You must be an amazing coder. Thanks hugely!

israelg
April 30th, 2008, 13:47
Can't wait to test it at home, I have a SC + Superkey...

Anyone have problem with SC ?

db77
April 30th, 2008, 15:10
hi i have also problem load game on supercard sd slot-2 big,
neods loads ok, shows games but on loading it freezes..hm

cannonballz
April 30th, 2008, 15:26
ingramb Thank You!!!!!
I never thought neo-geo would be able to be emulated! First a Genesis with sound and now this! This is a great time for ds homebrew!

toguro_max
April 30th, 2008, 17:53
Ok, maybe this can help a bit, since i finally managed to get some games running.
Rembember when it was said that the games MUST be MAME compatible? Well, it really does.
How can you check if your game have chaces on running on NeoDS? Open the zip file, and check the files extension. If they are .rom, they WON'T work. They MUST be .bin, ok?
I tried Metal Slug, Capitain Tomaday and Cyber Lip, and they worked great (aside the MS granade bug).
And no, you don't need the neogeo.neo file on your cart.

So far, Metal Slug 2 does not work (hangs after character selection, with background music playing)

And on another notice, the -bios5 parameter is calling the debug bios instead the japan mentioned on the readme, but it seems to change from game to game.

BTW, i'm using R4. Didn't test on my G6 Lite, tough.

ingramb
April 30th, 2008, 18:40
> Is it because I have a Max Media Dock?
I have a Max Media Dock CF, and it works. Could be a problem with your roms.

> How can you check if your game have chaces on running on NeoDS?
The BEST way to see if they have a chance of running is to download MAME, and see if your games run there. If MAME can't run them, you have no chance.

> And on another notice, the -bios5 parameter is calling the debug bios instead the japan mentioned on the readme, but it seems to change from game to game.
The -bios option is just broken :o Will be fixed soon.

Chris23235
April 30th, 2008, 19:21
Thanks for this fantastic Emulator, works great on my R4 DS. Don't have any problems with bios-5 either, but I only tried half a dozen games so far. It would be great if it was possible to access the Test Menu, so that you can switch to red blood in the Metal Slug games.

db77
April 30th, 2008, 19:45
i have mame roms, and also friend send me winjamm working .neo file and its not working either on my supercard sd slot-2 , anyone with the same problem? hm :(

-evilryu-
April 30th, 2008, 19:54
ok it's sure,on the SC (my is rumble),this emu DOESN'T work.

moo422
April 30th, 2008, 20:06
i have mame roms, and also friend send me winjamm working .neo file and its not working either on my supercard sd slot-2 , anyone with the same problem? hm :(
Care to walk us through the steps you've taken so far?

I'll ask the obvious questions, did you apply DLDI-patching to the NeoDS.nds file?

When you say "it's not working", are you referring to the NeoDS.nds file not loading/running, or the winjamm.neo not working?

davidcrew
April 30th, 2008, 20:11
alright you guys, if you're having problems just post here with:

Card:

Roms Used:

Bios Applied:

Steps you Took:

What Happens on the Screen:

that way we can help you out easier =D

Chris23235
April 30th, 2008, 21:02
Some compability Info:
Neo Driftout, Zedblade and Riding Hero didn't work.
Neo Driftout and Riding Hero crash after pressing start and Zedblade didn't boot up correct.

Mini Moose
April 30th, 2008, 21:05
> Is it because I have a Max Media Dock?
I have a Max Media Dock CF, and it works. Could be a problem with your roms.

All of my Neo Geo roms are MAME compatible. I know they are.

I'll try to convert some games again later today and hope those work.

nyuk1998
April 30th, 2008, 21:10
Call me stupid, but I've never played, nor even seen a Neo Geo before. Sounds like a great system. My question is: do you use Neo Geo roms or Neo Geo CD roms? I've found both. Also, is there a size limit on the games?

db77
April 30th, 2008, 21:12
ok i try this:
supercard sd slot2 big blue card
neods.nds patched with scsd.dldi and scsdmoon.dldi
i try run neods from moonshell, dsorgan, cardmenu
and i try winjamm.neo which is 100perc working, i also try kof94,96,sidekick4
its still the same..emu loads up OK
emu shows roms and i can start it but
laoding game... appears and nothing else..it must be some bug hmmm

moo422
April 30th, 2008, 21:34
ok i try this:
supercard sd slot2 big blue card
neods.nds patched with scsd.dldi and scsdmoon.dldi
i try run neods from moonshell, dsorgan, cardmenu
and i try winjamm.neo which is 100perc working, i also try kof94,96,sidekick4
its still the same..emu loads up OK
emu shows roms and i can start it but
laoding game... appears and nothing else..it must be some bug hmmm
what steps did you use to create your .neo files? did you run the neodsconvert using the -bios1 flags? do you have the latest neogeo.zip when you run neodsconvert ? what is are the filenames and the filesizes (in bytes) of the contents of neogeo.zip

db77
April 30th, 2008, 21:54
i have latest everyhting ,neogeobios zip. its not problem
winjamm.neo rom sent by friend which is WORKING for him FOR SURE! :) so it cant be wrong
so it must be something incomp. with supercard..hm ?

fkhan
April 30th, 2008, 22:01
Anybody's gotten KOF98/World Heroes (any) to work properly? I really want to play these.

Sir_Voe
April 30th, 2008, 22:55
I'm curious if the .neo files created using the current converter will work in future releases, or should I keep the backup .zip files on hand in case I need to re-convert for future NeoDS releases?

ingramb
April 30th, 2008, 23:03
Keep your .zip files. The *.neo format may change in future releases.

RamZee
May 1st, 2008, 00:06
Anybody's gotten KOF98/World Heroes (any) to work properly? I really want to play these.

Just played (and lost) the first level of KOF98 on my M3 DS Simply so that one seems to be good.

None of the World Heroes games (wh1, wh2, wh2j and whp) are playable yet (using -bios1) as they crash after their intros or character selection.

As mentioned Metal Slug X and Blazing Star are also good on this amazing first release.

Bigburito
May 1st, 2008, 00:08
can anyone tell me what the newest NEOGEO bios is? I found one that was from 1990 and one that was all .rom files... (anyone know where I could locate the Bios?)

ComTruise
May 1st, 2008, 00:15
OK, here's my issue with the emulator

Card: R4DS

ROMs Used: KOF94, Metal Slug, Blazing Star

Bios Used: I dunno, I just stuck the whole folder

Steps I Took:

I created a special folder used to covert the Neo Geo ROMs. In that folder, I put the converter and the entire Neo Geo BIOS zip file in there. I put some of the game ROMs and managed to succesfully convert them to .neo files. Also, these were MAME-compatible ROMs as well.

I then stuck the converted game ROMs into the root directory of my R4 along with the emulator.

I tried it out, and the emulator loads up just fine, but the games just don't load up for some reason. All I see is a black top screen.

Also, I'm wondering if there's anything I need to put on my flash card, besides the emulator and the ROMs?

guilhoboy
May 1st, 2008, 00:19
First of all:
Ingramb, you are my hero. You've made a dream come true.

I have 2 flashcards:
- CycloDS Evolution: runs easy, no need to patch DLDI.
- Supercard SD (slot2): tried with auto-DLDI function, tried to patch with Chishm version of DLDI and tried to patch with Moonlight version. It worked for me only after I patched with Chishm DLDI and deleted the dldi.scp (the auto dldi file from Supercard) from my SD.

Tested the following games:
King of Fighters 94: perfect
King of Fighters 98: perfect
Metal Slug: slowdown on crowded screens and freezes when uses granades
Metal Slug X: perfect, only slowdown on crowded screens
Sonic Wings 2: perfect, but sound freezes
Sonic Wings 3: perfect, but sound freezes
Ghost Pilot: perfect
Overtop: perfect
Mutant Nation: perfect
Robo Army: perfect
Neo Drift Out: Freezes when the game will start.

Chris23235
May 1st, 2008, 00:44
OK, here's my issue with the emulator

Card: R4DS

ROMs Used: KOF94, Metal Slug, Blazing Star

Bios Used: I dunno, I just stuck the whole folder

Steps I Took:

I created a special folder used to covert the Neo Geo ROMs. In that folder, I put the converter and the entire Neo Geo BIOS zip file in there. I put some of the game ROMs and managed to succesfully convert them to .neo files. Also, these were MAME-compatible ROMs as well.

I then stuck the converted game ROMs into the root directory of my R4 along with the emulator.

I tried it out, and the emulator loads up just fine, but the games just don't load up for some reason. All I see is a black top screen.

Also, I'm wondering if there's anything I need to put on my flash card, besides the emulator and the ROMs?

Convert your roms with the parameter -bios1
Start the converter from the commandline.

gnarf
May 1st, 2008, 00:44
Sc lite (no rumble) : patched the NeoDs.nds with sclt.dldi found on chishm and with scsd_moon.dldi (desperatedly trying)

Executed NeoDs.nds from sc's menu and from moonshell -> top screen is white, bottom screen is black

what's wrong with it ?! :(

need someone who can provide me a patched file which works for sclite D:

toiletking
May 1st, 2008, 01:07
wooooohoooo!!!!

Incredible project! work fine on my supercard cf! A test it with 11 games and all work's perfect, at full speed and sound!

Just a litte question : as this emulator based on a mame version, maybe i'ts possible to play with arcade SNK game like "gang ware", which are'nt real neogeo game?

ComTruise
May 1st, 2008, 02:01
Convert your roms with the parameter -bios1
Start the converter from the commandline.

Sorry, I'm not that computer savvy :(. Could you please explain that layman's terms??? Sorry about this!

davidcrew
May 1st, 2008, 02:24
ADVANCED

You can run NeoDSConvert from the command line. In this case, it takes up to 2 parameters.
-bios0 use the euro bios
-bios2 use the us bios
-bios3 use the us-e bios
-bios4 use the asia bios
If there is another parameter, it will be interpreted as the name of the game, as given to MAME. In this case, only this rom will be converted.

For example, pretend you want to convert Metal Slug 1, using the japan-s2 bios. Create a new directory (C:\roms). Copy mslug.zip and NeoDsConvert.exe into C:\roms. To open a command line, click start, select "run...", type "cmd", and press enter. Type "cd c:\roms". Press enter. Then type "NeoDSConvert -bios6 mslug". Press enter.

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

read first post

MiniFoo
May 1st, 2008, 03:24
This works brilliantly. The only game that has frozen on me so far is Neo Drift-out. Garou runs at around 52fps but everything is perfect on it. Sengoku 3 is missing lifebars, but runs completely at full speed. Metal Slug X, 3, 4, and 5 run amazingly well except for slowdown in high-detail explosions, but that's entirely understandable. This is ****ing amazing work, and even more so as a first release!

I'm using a slot-2 M3 Perfect CF, and I didn't have to patch the .nds to get it to run. I used the -bios1 setting that everyone recommended.

Can I suggest something, however? Could you add a button to the GUI menu for switching button mappings? In most Neo Geo games, the ABCD->ABXY setup isn't working well (for example, jumping and gunning in Metal Slug is really awkward, and the traditional fighter's setup that I'm used to on dualshocks don't translate well to the DS for KoF and Garou because the punches and kicks are reversed). Having that option to switch stuff around would be great. Also, I agree on adding a Test Switch button.

Once again, this is completely brilliant. I didn't believe it when my friend mentioned it yesterday. I thought he was talking about a Neo Geo Pocket emulator!

davidcrew
May 1st, 2008, 03:42
i think im just using a bad neogeo.zip, cause i keep getting that green screen. Where did you guys get yours?

or is that considered evil asking for that here? O.o

toguro_max
May 1st, 2008, 05:46
There is a bug (a wierd one, btw) i found on Cyber Lip. At the 4th stage (choosing the Upward way), when you fight the boss, the game's sound disappear, but return as soon as you go to the next screen (fading out and in).

And I miss a pause function >-(
And is it possible to add the "sleep mode when DS is closed" function?

ComTruise
May 1st, 2008, 07:36
read first post

OK, but how do I go about creating a new directory? Again, I'm not exactly a computer programmer, and I might need a little more hand-holding. :(

israelg
May 1st, 2008, 07:55
I only test it with viewport, and it work perfect!!!

Can someone put a comp. lit ?

Thanks

I.G: thumbup:

Inacito
May 1st, 2008, 10:23
Thanks a lot, Ben Ingram!!!
Yesterday I thought this was impossible, and now I'm playing my favourites NEOGEO games. I could not believe how well SNKvsCAPCOM works!!!

There are two things I miss from PC emulators: save states and mainly the CONSOLE MODE. Many of the games are too difficult for me and I remember that booting in console mode you could make them easier.

Or is there a way to access the CONSOLE MODE? Some bios parameter?

As for the KoF98 issue, the latest MAME rom boots in grid mode. Browsing my collection I found an older set that works perfectly.

Chris23235
May 1st, 2008, 11:22
OK, but how do I go about creating a new directory? Again, I'm not exactly a computer programmer, and I might need a little more hand-holding. :(

OK
First Step
You have succefully decompressed the emulator, so you need no help with this.
Second Step
Open the Folder with the emulator
Third Step
Right Klick on the white Space in the window where your emulator is, choose new in the context menu and new folder
Fourth Step
Rename this folder roms
Fifth Step
Copy the converter and the roms into the folder
Sixth Step
Open commandline
Look for it in the Startbar, where your programs are, it's called commandline
Sevens Step
Go with the Commandline to where your roms are
is you have a folder on C then it you must type cd c:\neods010\roms
Eigth Step
Run the converter with neodsconvert -bios1
Thats it

xXJackXx
May 1st, 2008, 11:50
Card: Cyclo DS (black version) firmware version 1.31

Roms Used: title - Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001
set name - mslug

Bios Applied: Neo-Geo 1990 SNK

Steps you Took: followed the direction about the -bios1
NeoDsConvert.exe -bios1

What Happens on the Screen: When using a grenade and it goes to blow up the screen goes all green and funky! If switching CPU speed it'll reset and go back to the press start to play menu

Other than that it works fine
----------------------------
Roms Used: title - Metal Slug 2 - Super Vehicle-001/II
set name - mslug2

What happens on the screen: Black screen after selecting character. Music still plays.
--------------------------------
Roms Used: title - Metal Slug 3
set name - mslug3

What happens on the screen: Gets down to 35 frames with about 5 bad guys on screen plus lots of grenade explosions, but up to 60 frames when 1 or 2 guys on screen and no grenades used.
--------------------------------------
Roms Used: title - Metal Slug X - Super Vehicle-001
set name - mslugx

What happens on the screen: Title screen starts to show the title name 'Me' and as the 'T' flies on screen goes green/white and it goes back to trying to load the title name.
When insert coins it detects this put when hitting Start to play it goes back to title screen
---------------------------
All above Roms work fine in Mame Emu i've got.

Not coming across any issues switching between games either.

Also at this stage got KOF 2003 working fine with sound and everything!
It runs a lil slow though but its hardly noticable at 43 to 50 FPS and in scale mode the health bars go a bit funny but meh i'm playing in normal video mode!

I'm using a 1Gb Kingston (japan made) microSD which are suposed to be fast read/write, which could also be coming into play with people having issues.
-----------

BTW
thankyou very much for making this! I've just recently gotten back into 2D fighters and its great being able to play them on the DS!

Chris23235
May 1st, 2008, 14:07
Thanks again for making this great emulator, I wonder, what's the reason some games play the Startup Sound from the NeoGeo Bios, while others won't?
Another small suggestion (I know you are bombarded with suggestions right now :-) ) an auto frameskip would be fantastic

Da_ALC
May 1st, 2008, 14:54
Oh dear oh dear.

Everybody should be forced to live in the days of DOS for a few years.
This is a cakewalk.

RamZee
May 1st, 2008, 19:19
I created a special folder used to covert the Neo Geo ROMs. In that folder, I put the converter and the entire Neo Geo BIOS zip file in there. I put some of the game ROMs and managed to succesfully convert them to .neo files.

If you've managed to create .neo files you're almost there already.

Start off viewing your special folder - with the converter, bios (neogeo.zip) and game roms (blazstar.zip, etc.) in it; in windows explorer.

1. Right click on "NeoDsConvert.exe" and select "Create Shortcut"

2. Now Right click the created shortcut (in your special folder) and select "properties"

3. On the Shortcut tab. Find the Target line that will read C:\... path to your folder ...\NeoDsConvert.exe

4. Add " -bios1" to that line so it reads C:\... path to your folder ...\NeoDsConvert.exe -bios1

5. Click Ok.

6. Run the edited Shortcut and new .neo files should be created over writting the old ones (check the file dates/times).

7. Copy the new .neo files to the root directory of your microSD as before.

OK, but how do I go about creating a new directory? Again, I'm not exactly a computer programmer, and I might need a little more hand-holding.

Right click and then select New -> Folder in windows explorer (Directories or Folders are just alternative names for the same structure).

xybur
May 1st, 2008, 20:02
I have a cyclo ds, 1.31 firmware.

All games have been converted with -bios 1.

Metal Slug 1 works until I use a grenade. If I am in the Metal Slug Vehicle, the missles work, but using a regular grenade either causes a crash (with warped colors), or if used near the boss, will just cause the game to pause/freeze (music still plays, the background still animates, but the game doesn't move).

Metal Slug 2, like everyone else has said, works only up until character select.

Metal Slug X worked fine for me. So did Metal Slug 3. Typical slower frames when the action gets heavy, but it makes the game more playable since its easier to dodge stuff :p

I need to test 4 and 5.

Waku Waku 7 works fine, at about 50ish frames per second.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves works fine, at about 45-50 frames.

SVC Chaos works fine, at about 50-55 frames. If you play with a scaled screen, the life bars tend to be a little glitchy, but I think thats because of the screen squishing the life bars. Otherwise, its fine.

Gowcaizer works fine, but is a terribly cheesy game, don't play it, haha. It's not at all like the Anime.

And I think thats all I've tested so far.

Thanks for making this, it's been awesome.

fkhan
May 1st, 2008, 20:31
Finally, I have all KOF working, including troublesome KOF98 :thumbup:

Tip:
Best way tell if you have got the correct copy of the back-up is to go into 'NeoDsConvert' folder, from there look for 'neodrvr.cpp'.

In that file, should be a list of all neogeo games with all the neccessary files needed for each game.

This could help some people see if the copy you have is missing any files.

ComTruise
May 1st, 2008, 23:07
If you've managed to create .neo files you're almost there already.

Start off viewing your special folder - with the converter, bios (neogeo.zip) and game roms (blazstar.zip, etc.) in it; in windows explorer.

1. Right click on "NeoDsConvert.exe" and select "Create Shortcut"

2. Now Right click the created shortcut (in your special folder) and select "properties"

3. On the Shortcut tab. Find the Target line that will read C:\... path to your folder ...\NeoDsConvert.exe

4. Add " -bios1" to that line so it reads C:\... path to your folder ...\NeoDsConvert.exe -bios1

5. Click Ok.

6. Run the edited Shortcut and new .neo files should be created over writting the old ones (check the file dates/times).

7. Copy the new .neo files to the root directory of your microSD as before.

Right click and then select New -> Folder in windows explorer (Directories or Folders are just alternative names for the same structure).

Now I'm stuck at the changing the target line. I've added "-bios1" at the end of the line and clicked OK, but the computer won't let me do so. I have a hunch that my neogeo.zip does not contain the bios1 (I didn't see any euro-s1 bios files in it). But I checked all online for any other neogeo.zip files, and none of them contain the euro-s1 bios! Why am I having such difficulty with this???

davidcrew
May 2nd, 2008, 00:48
i made a nice little video tutorial, just dl and use it. I used mslug4 as an example using the -bios1 through the command prompt.

pretty straightforward. When using the command prompt, hit enter to do a command.

download size is around 7mb =P

http://www.mediafire.com/?tybjicoon10

Xenepp
May 2nd, 2008, 02:12
I didn't realise you HAD to use the command switches.

The load rom button could also be thumb sized ;)

Super sweet emulator though, easily the coolest on the DS to date! I just LOVE playing KOF 95 on the train to work!

Hows about CPS emulation now huh? ;)

isra2007
May 2nd, 2008, 02:28
This is the list of games I converted so far:

Not working
World Heroes 1 & 2: get stuck right before the fight begins.
Neo Drift Out: get stuck right before the race begins.
Thrash Rally: gets stuck at the how to play screen.

Working with sound
Fatal Fury Special with -bios6
The Last Blade with -bios6
Samurai Shodown with -bios1
Windjammers with -bios6
Rage of The Dragons with -bios6, I'm astonished that NeoDS can handle such a big game. Issues: no text, no energy bars, no music in some stages, some graphical glitches after finishing a first impact combo.

Bigburito
May 2nd, 2008, 02:50
can anyone tell me where I can get the latest Bios?

Sir_Voe
May 2nd, 2008, 03:54
Top Hunter freezes every time you try to enter the boarded up hole in the tree towards the beginning of level one.

iceman100
May 2nd, 2008, 04:04
What exactly is bios1 there is nothing in my zip named this.

frankeinsteinp6
May 2nd, 2008, 10:32
Well, if i need games which needs to be compatible with MAME, can I use MAME games instead?

I want MORTAL KOMBAT 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xenepp
May 2nd, 2008, 13:02
What exactly is bios1 there is nothing in my zip named this.

Read the readme better. -bios1 is a command line switch to tell the rom converter program that you want to use the euro-s1 bios from neogeo.zip from MAME. You can use any bios using switches -bios0 to -bios11:

-bios0 use the euro bios
-bios2 use the us bios
-bios3 use the us-e bios
-bios4 use the asia bios

-Joel

MasterMan
May 2nd, 2008, 16:57
How do i use the AES version instead of MVS?

ComTruise
May 2nd, 2008, 18:00
Read the readme better. -bios1 is a command line switch to tell the rom converter program that you want to use the euro-s1 bios from neogeo.zip from MAME. You can use any bios using switches -bios0 to -bios11:

-Joel

I was asking about that too. The problem is I can't find any of the those bios that corresponds with
-bios0 to -bios11 within my neogeo.zip.

These are the files I have in my neogeo.zip:
- 000-lo.lo
- sfix.sfx
- sp1.jipan.1024
- sp-j2.rom
- sp-s.sp1
- vs-bios.rom
- asia-s3.rom
- sm1.sm1
- sp-e.sp1
- sp-s2.sp1
- usa_2slt

Could you at least direct me to where I can download the proper file which has the bios1???

Xenepp
May 2nd, 2008, 19:57
Could you at least direct me to where I can download the proper file which has the bios1???

This forum will not allow that and besides, you already have it.

-bios1 is just a command you give the conversion application. It does not refer to a file name.

When you type:

neodsconvert -bios1

The program will grab a file (I don't know which) from your main neogeo.zip (which is the euro-s1 bios in this case) and append it to your roms. If you used:

neodsconvert -bios5

The program would grab the japanese bios from neogeo.zip.

-Joel

ComTruise
May 2nd, 2008, 21:13
I finally see what I did wrong. It was just a matter of syntax error on the command line. After all these days, I finally managed to get the emulator working! Thank you guys for your help!!!

sne445
May 2nd, 2008, 23:33
someone help me I need help. I got my roms converted into neo files but when I load my games up all I get is a black screen.can someone tell me what im doing wrong.

Xenepp
May 3rd, 2008, 00:09
Read the last couple of pages. That's what you did wrong.

-Joel

sne445
May 3rd, 2008, 00:17
Well when I add -bios1 for the target command on the neodsconverter shortcut it will give me an error and not let me do anything

sne445
May 3rd, 2008, 00:35
the command line will give me an error too

ComTruise
May 3rd, 2008, 03:56
Don't forget, you must add the "-bios1" line OUTSIDE of the quotation marks.

Bigburito
May 3rd, 2008, 05:58
I've looked everywhere and I can't find the right neogeo.zip... (should the neogeo.zip have .rom files?) I have tried everything and I keep getting weird greens screens... (I used the command prompt with -bios1) also do I have to specify which files I want to be converted in the command prompt?

wgz4life
May 3rd, 2008, 08:35
Great work on this emulator

but is there any way to change the button layout.

sakuenn
May 3rd, 2008, 10:36
Out of curiosity can anyone upload a neogeo.zip file that so far has run successfully with the emulaor or can gives us a link to one, that way it might help resolve some the errors that people are getting or help figure out what step they are doing incorrect.

crookedmouth
May 3rd, 2008, 11:57
Hmm..if only someone made an engine that searches the internet. I could just type in neogeo.zip then hit return, finding exactly what I was looking at, perhaps in the first or second entry. :)
I think the neogeo.zip rom is illegal to distribute and things like linking to it is against the forum rules.
Anyway, this is a lot easier then the ReadMe makes out.

davidcrew
May 3rd, 2008, 14:47
for people too lazy to look through the thread, just follow the video tut, and do exactly as it does. should have no problems.

pretty straightforward. When using the command prompt, hit enter to do a command.

download size is around 7mb =P

http://www.mediafire.com/?tybjicoon10

nintendofreak103
May 3rd, 2008, 15:37
Ive gotten a bunch of games to convert just fine (and they work really well). But i tried to convert svc chaos and no neo file was created can someone please explain what im doing wrong?

dust_hound
May 3rd, 2008, 16:50
Hi everyone! New to the forums, but i promise i'll behave myself.

@nintendofreak103: did the svc chaos .zip file contain .rom files instead of .bin? This could have been the problem when you tried to convert it?

nintendofreak103
May 3rd, 2008, 17:54
they are all .bin. I downloaded another one from a different site and all the files were in the zip were .rom. Im new to neogeo emulation so any help would be appreciated. Oh and thanks btw.

Xenepp
May 3rd, 2008, 19:03
Sounds daft but it was the file named svc.zip?

The others won't work as they do not run on Neo Geo hardware.

-Joel

Xenepp
May 3rd, 2008, 20:11
I thought I'd curb future "It's not working" comments with a simple batch file. See attachment.

Just put this file in with neodsconvert.exe, your MAME roms and neogeo.zip and double click it. It'll ask which bios to use and create your roms for use with NeoDS.

-Joel

paul3100
May 3rd, 2008, 21:42
That converter works a treat Xenepp mate , cheers

paul

Bigburito
May 4th, 2008, 06:29
Hmm..if only someone made an engine that searches the internet. I could just type in neogeo.zip then hit return, finding exactly what I was looking at, perhaps in the first or second entry. :)
I think the neogeo.zip rom is illegal to distribute and things like linking to it is against the forum rules.
Anyway, this is a lot easier then the ReadMe makes out.

thats what I did but both I found didn't work... (also why would it be not aloud to point someone towards a site with the correct rom if the site is posting about the emulator that needs it?) also anyone know what year the newest NeoGeo rom is? (some sites go by that...)

paul3100
May 4th, 2008, 08:30
Go to google and type in neogeo.zip and choose first option Bigburito , then download Xenepp's converter (above/post no:122).

Take the converter + the bios file + a neogeo zipped game, place all them into the NeoDsConvert folder that you get with the neogeo emulator downloaded from here.

Now run the converter program downloaded from post no 122 and choose bios 1, if one doesn't work try another option till your converted zipped neo geo game appears ... EG wjammers.zip should appear after conversion as wjammers.neo

paul

crookedmouth
May 4th, 2008, 08:33
-bios3 gives those ultra effective "winners don't use drugs" slogans from the early nineties at bootup.

psykotine
May 4th, 2008, 14:15
Hello , this is a big realese !!!!

I would like to know

- if I can use the razoola unibios 2.2 (like on AES4ALL for DC ??? (for switching AES or MVS, disable censored blood and static boobs lol)

sorry for my bad english

Bigburito
May 4th, 2008, 21:26
found some prepatched roms that worked! (also on metal slug why do the enemies sweat when they get shot instead of bleed?)

Sir_Voe
May 4th, 2008, 22:01
found some prepatched roms that worked! (also on metal slug why do the enemies sweat when they get shot instead of bleed?)

Use -bios6 for red blood.

MasterMan
May 5th, 2008, 01:05
How to convert roms as AES? I want to have a pause button instead of tapping the 'load rom' button.

mrtatan
May 5th, 2008, 02:16
hi every one, i just looking every were how to make nintendo ds games work on my max media player for the ds

paul3100
May 5th, 2008, 12:49
hi every one, i just looking every were how to make nintendo ds games work on my max media player for the ds

Typical NooB asking a question not related to this subject at all , anyway from a very quick google search i found this:

4.3 Playing Games / Running Software
Any compatible Nintendo DS programs with the ‘.nds’ file extension that you put on your MAX Media Dock’s Compact Flash card can be run by MAX Media Player. Use the MAX Media Player browser to navigate to the .nds file you want to run (it is suggested you store .nds files in the ‘GAMES’ folder) and double-tap with the stylus to run it.
Once you have started a program, the only way back to the MAX Media Player browser is to reboot your DS.

And here is the web site where you can download all files and instructions and sort out any other legal problems your having: http://us.codejunkies.com/mpds/support.htm

Regards , paul

Anyway back on track..........................

I converted 10 or so neogeo games and very surprised they all work and almost perfectly except this maze game where you need some other controls , wish the little start up tune was working!

EDIT: V line (set 1 & 2) don't work, comes up saying SRAM ERROR , i have tried bios 1 / 2 and some uni bios

paul :thumbup:

dave auto
May 5th, 2008, 13:09
@BigBurito: Don't forget, the roms themselves must be MAME-compatible. I kept getting that crazy green screen too, but it turned out it wasn't the bios, it was my roms! Try obtaining your roms from alternate sources until you find versions that work, and good luck.

EDIT: Whoops, never mind, BigBurito, I see you found a workaround.

Anyway, HUGE congratulations, cheers, thanks and well-wishes to Mr. Ingram. I think it's safe to say that NeoDS has pretty well set this community on fire. I certainly never in my wildest dreams expected to be playing Mark of the Wolves on my DS! We all appreciate this wonderful gift you've given us, Ben. Is there anything we can do for you, be it beta testing, PayPal donations, website traffic? I'm sure many of us would love to help out in whatever way we can.

Bigburito
May 5th, 2008, 23:14
wash your car, shine your shoes, or how about a massage?

paul3100
May 6th, 2008, 11:49
wash your car, shine your shoes, or how about a massage?

Why don't you stop making pointless posts and get a life! or at least leave a message that has some thing remotely to do with this topic!!! :mad:

Metal slug 2 crashes when just about to play, all ok up to that point...

Hey i know this is No1 neods and its taken a year to produce and its is indeed an excellent first neo geo BUT when will we see o.2? with save state perhaps :D

paul

fkhan
May 6th, 2008, 12:44
Can someone with DS please test new version and see if World Heroes (any) are working now?

paul3100
May 6th, 2008, 15:48
World heroes perfect works on latest neods using supercard SCS1 SCHC :-)

paul

fkhan
May 6th, 2008, 16:24
World heroes perfect works on latest neods using supercard SCS1 SCHC :-)

paul

Thanks. :thumbup: Cann't wait till I get home and finally be able to store WH series on my Supercard One.

-evilryu-
May 6th, 2008, 16:26
Anyone get it works on Supercard SD Rumble? :confused:

fkhan
May 6th, 2008, 16:39
Anyone get it works on Supercard SD Rumble? :confused:

Did you not download older version from here?

http://www.fs2you.com/files/9ad14a0a-19bf-11dd-b7bf-00142218fc6e/

Included is the dldi.scp, just replace older .nds with newer and that should make your supercard load up neods fine.

*hopefully*

-evilryu-
May 6th, 2008, 16:47

Included is the dldi.scp, just replace older .nds with newer and that should make your supercard load up neods fine.

*hopefully*

k thx,i'll try this evening....

TaN00Ki
May 6th, 2008, 16:48
Why don't you stop making pointless posts and get a life! or at least leave a message that has some thing remotely to do with this topic!!! :mad:

Why don't you stop making pointless signature?

Who flipping cares Paul has a white DS?? :rofl:

Can anyone run Metal Slug 4?
All I have is a service mode.

Wrong bios parameter perhaps?

I agree with someone mentioning a button configuration would be great!

paul3100
May 6th, 2008, 18:04
Why don't you stop making pointless signature?

Take a chill pill mate, the guy made a pointless post and had to be told! not for you to get offended by ...... and my sig! thats all it is for anyone thats interested.

And as i am so nice i tested metal slug 4 and it works perfectly using bios 1 on neods v2

EDIT: A rather good list of games below taken from the official neods web site / forum on what works and what doesn't...For version 1 of neods.

Ray-X

Tester ROMS: The Roms have been tested with the first version of the
emulator

Their performance is (almost):

2020 Super Baseball -> climbed 55/60 frames and sound.
Alpha MIssion 2 -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode
normal
Art of fighting -> 43/60 frames and perfect.
Art of Fighting 2 -> 40/60 frames and perfect.
Art of fighting 3 -> 42/60 frames and perfect.
Baseball Star -> pefect
Baseball Star 2 -> pefect
Blazing Stars 2 -> 55-constant 60fps with audio screen mode normal
Breakers -> 50 frames constant with audio screen mode normal (in
scaled fell to 45fps)
Captain Tomaday -> 55/60 frames with audio and scaling.
Crossed Swords -> 55/60 frames with audio and scaling.
Cyber lip -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Double Dragon -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Fatal Fury -> 50/55 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Fatal Fury 2 -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Fatal Fury Special -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode
normal (in scaled fell to 5fps)
Fight Fever -> 55/60 frames with audio and scaling.
Flipshot -> 55/60 frames with audio and scaling
Football Frenzy -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode
normal
Ganryu -> 55/60 frames with audio and scaling.
Garou - Mark of the Wolves -> 45/50 frames with constant audio screen
mode normal
Garou - Mark of the Wolves (Prototype) -> 45/50 frames with constant
audio screen mode normal
Ghots Pilots -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Gowcaizer -> 50/55 frames with audio and scaling.
Gururin -> 60 frames with audio and scaling.
Joy Joy (puzzle) -> 60 frames with audio and scaling.
Last Blade -> 45/50 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Bowling League -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Last resort -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Last blade -> 38/60 frames and perfect.
Last Blade 2 -> 38/60 frames and perfect.
Kabuki Klashen -> 50/60 frames
King of Fighters 94 -> 46/60 frames and perfectly
King of Fighters 95 -> 50/60 frames and small slow downs unimportant.
King of Fighters 96 -> 44/60 frames and invaluable slowdown.
King of Fighters 97 -> 44/60 frames and perfectly
King of Fighters 98 -> 48/60 frames and perfectly
King of Fighters 2000 -> 48/60 frames and perfectly
King of Fighters 2001 -> 48/60 frames and perfectly
King of Fighters 2002 -> 50/60 frames and perfectly
The King of Fighters 2003 -> 36/60 frames, to climb the image, names
and bars and energy vit trash catch. It is sometimes a bit slows.
Kizuna Encounter -> 41/60 frames and perfect.
Magician Lord -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Metal Slug 3 -> 34/60 frames, with some slow downs unimportant.
Metal Slug 4 -> 45/50 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Metal Slug X -> 45/50 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Mutation Nation ->?
Neo Bomberman -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Neo Mr.Do -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Nightmare in the dark -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode
normal
Ninja Commando ->?
Ninja Masters -> frames 49/60, 52/55 almost always stable, and
perfect.
Power Instinct Metrimelee -> 46/60 frames and perfect.
Pulstar -> 45/50fps continuing with audio screen mode normal
Puzlo Bobble 2 -> 55/60 frames and perfect.
Ragnagard -> 45/60 frames and perfect.
Real Bout -> 46/60 frames and perfect.
Real Bout 2 -> 42/60 frames And perfect.
Real Bout special -> 43/60 frames and perfect.
Samurai Showdown -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode
normal
SAMURAI SHODOWN 2 -> Perfect.
Samurai Showdown 4 -> 45/60 frames and perfectly
Samurai Showdown 5 -> 45/60 frames and perfectly
Savage Reign -> 44/60 frames and perfect.
Sengoku -> 48/60 frames and perfectly.
Shock Troopers -> 45/60 frames and perfectly.
Shock Troopers 2 -> 40/60 frammes was slows a bit and the other
perfectly.
Soccer Brawl -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
SNK VS Capcom -> 45/50 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Super Side Kicks -> 55/60 frames with audio and scaling.
Top Hunter -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
View Point -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal
Wind Jammers -> 55/60 frames with constant audio screen mode normal

They have flaws or graphics or sound:

Aero Fighters 2 -> 55/60 frames, apart from the menus in the rest of
the game has no sound. For the rest perfectly.
Aero Fighters 3 -> 55/60 frames, apart from the menus in the rest of
the game has no sound. For the rest perfectly.
Bang Bead -> Boots, but problems with graphics. Is ROM corrupt?
Blazing Stars -> 45/50 frames with constant audio screen mode normal,
a few glitches in funds
Eight Man -> With sound hangs at the start line, without sound OK. Is
ROM corrupt?
Karnov's Revenge -> 60 frames until the VS screen, then hangs.
King of Fighters 99 -> 50/60 frames and bars do not appear life or
credits.
Kizuna -> Boots but with flaws graphics and audio. Is Corrupt ROM?
Metal Slug 5 -> 30/50 frames, missing everything that is the HUD and
the letters. The music is heard something loose.
Prehistoric Isle -> 49/60 frames, when you continue the killing does
not appear on the screen, nor the selector PJ, stays frozen
but give a star and continuing normally. The rest perfect.
Rage of the Dragons -> 45/50 frames with constant audio screen mode
normal, some graphics glitches to realziar supers
Sengoku 3 -> 48/60 frames, removes the background music of the little
start, more over perfectly.

They are not fully playable (not torn or just hanging) :

3 Count Bout ->?
Andro Dun ->?
Agressors of dark combat ->?
Bakatonosama Mahjong ->?
Breakers Revenge ->?
Burning Fight ->?
Fatal Fury 3 -> Cargo and other but fail graphics and just giving a
warning error.
Galaxy Fight -> Cargo well but hangs. Is ROM corrupt?
Garou - Mark of the Wolves (bootleg) -> 60fps on the screen warning
and hence does not pass
Goal! Goal! Goal! ->?
Irritating Maze ->?
The King of Fighters 2004 -> After the screen credits screenshot gives
green and restarts.
Metal Slug -> 50/60 frames, is blocked by launching grenade and
restarts at random.
Metal Slug 2 -> 55 frames, hangs in the selection screen character. (fixed in V2)
Neo Drift Out -> charge well to the menu, but when you start the game
hangs.
Neo-Geo Cup 98 -> 55 frames continuing to screen for selecting teams,
then hangs
World Heroes -> 60fps constant until the screen VS then hangs
World Heroes 2 -> 60fps constant until the screen VS then hangs
Sengoku 2 -> Boots and after the initial screen stays lock the screen
with 59 frames.
Spin Master ->?
Thrash Rally -> hangs on screen instructions.
Zed Blade -> After the display of Neo-Geo stays in the black screen.

-evilryu-
May 7th, 2008, 10:20

*hopefully*

ok now neods runs ok.
but i'll try to launch metal slug x,1,2,3 and i got bad green screen...
with metal slug 5 i got error z80
maybe i've got wrong rom or neogeo.zip right?

-evilryu-
May 7th, 2008, 18:06
the game works on mame emu.
the bios is that suggested by a user some pages before.
I just launch neodsconvert.exe -bios1 mslug.zip but it doesn't do NOTHING,converts only neogeo.neo :S

edit: now works!

mslug1 works fine!
mslug 2 has some slowdown but it's good...

after i'll try 3,4 and 5

-evilryu-
May 8th, 2008, 12:47
the game works on mame emu.
the bios is that suggested by a user some pages before.
I just launch neodsconvert.exe -bios1 mslug.zip but it doesn't do NOTHING,converts only neogeo.neo :S

edit: now works!

mslug1 works fine!
mslug 2 has some slowdown but it's good...

after i'll try 3,4 and 5
mslug3 has some slowdown too,but it's playable.
mslug4 doesn't boot.

heathenasparagus
May 8th, 2008, 22:21
Metal Slug X and Garou (only *.bin roms i have) both load, have perfect sound,
and are responsive, but the graphics are distorted.

using:
Japanese Nintendo DS with M3DsReal system 3.6

NeoDS version 0.11a

Converted with -bios1

any ideas ?

thanks

Shidori
May 8th, 2008, 22:34
heathenasparagus, do not use the slot-2 expansion ram, it seems they do not work well in some cases for now!

heathenasparagus
May 9th, 2008, 07:32
Metal Slug X and Garou (only *.bin roms i have) both load, have perfect sound,
and are responsive, but the graphics are distorted.

using:
Japanese Nintendo DS with M3DsReal system 3.6

NeoDS version 0.11a

Converted with -bios1

any ideas ?

thanks

heathenasparagus, do not use the slot-2 expansion ram, it seems they do not work well in some cases for now!

Thanks man!
Metal Slug X runs playable, but still slows down on more populated screens.

Noob question:
what is the difference between *.bin roms and *.rom roms in neogeo games (aside from the file extension of course) ?
Is there some way to convert between versions ?

israelg
May 9th, 2008, 19:42
What should I do with the file dldi.scp ???

dalahesten
May 12th, 2008, 01:16

2. cd neods [enter]

neodsconvert -bios1

I did exactly what stood there and all i get is the neogeo.neo file. does anyone know whats wrong?

heathenasparagus
May 13th, 2008, 14:23
I did exactly what stood there and all i get is the neogeo.neo file. does anyone know whats wrong?

yes. make sure your roms inside the files are all *.bin files. *.rom files dont work for some reason.

dalahesten
May 13th, 2008, 16:57
yes. make sure your roms inside the files are all *.bin files. *.rom files dont work for some reason.
Yes, it is *bin files. It's mslug.zip, and i even try to delete the readme file inside but it still does not work. maybe it is something wrong with the bios. the name of the file in the neogeo.zip map is:

00-lo.lo
aes-bios.bin
asia-s3.bin
neodsbug.rom
sfix.sfx
sm1.sm1
sp-e.sp1
sp-j2.rom
sp-s.sp1
sp-s2.sp1
sp1.jipan.1024
uni-bios.12
usa_2slt.bin
vs-bios.rom

TooCoolToRule
May 15th, 2008, 17:34
Here's a little help file I created for you.

If you cannot download it or it is not allowed to post it here (sorry), will find another way.

http://rapidshare.com/files/115116043/Happy_Helper.rar.html

Eclipse2582
May 15th, 2008, 20:33
Which BIOS do you use to get Last Blade 2 to work?

TooCoolToRule
May 15th, 2008, 21:33
According to the list I got, it should work with option 1. Has some glitches though. I tried almost all (over 90% of them) the games they said were playable in the list and all the ones I tried worked with option 1 with the exception of one of the metal slugs which they said was playable with option 1 but wouldn't boot on my mates M3 DS Simply.

CraigG
May 17th, 2008, 21:51
This emulator is crazy. The mind boggles at how the author managed to get it working so well, and out of nowhere. I just tried Windjammers, and it practically ran flawlessly. Not only does this bode well for fans of Neo Geo emulation, but it bodes well for emulation in general on the DS (and, perhaps, even commercial retro products).

Or: wow.

Bizmark
June 1st, 2008, 17:48
I read the whole ****ing 16 pages and still can't get anything to work on an M3 DS Real without the GBA Expansion slot. Help now or die :)

I'm also using Linux (converted the files via Wine but when done on Windows they still didn't work.)

Bizmark
June 1st, 2008, 19:05
Ok. I managed to get some games working. (Mutation Nation, King of MOnsters 2 etc). As from what I can see these are old games.

The others (such as Metal Slug X, Samurai Showdown and some others) give me Z80 errors.

psykotine
June 2nd, 2008, 15:10
hello,

you don't have the good romset because the compatibility is great, I can't launch top hunter and Top player golf, the others roms work:thumbup:

Bizmark
June 3rd, 2008, 09:42
I can't find any Neo Geo roms as .bin ....

I only foudn a few and I don't like those :x

Any good links ?

masterchief929
June 3rd, 2008, 12:32
link removed

that has everything.

Bizmark
June 3rd, 2008, 14:00
I can't download anything.

And I like the place they're hosted at ...

TooCoolToRule
June 5th, 2008, 21:31
If anyone found my humble addition of the file I uploaded on the previous page useful, could they please say so. Please don't talk about it's contents here, though. I just want to know if it helped anybody even though it's contents has mostly been discussed here.

TooCoolToRule
June 5th, 2008, 21:32
Bizmark, please try downloading my file and see if it helps you.

F2bnp
June 16th, 2008, 20:28
Hey tried this with every single metal slug on my M3 simply.All work fine except some times that the framerate takes a little dive nothing bad really.It's very playable!

-evilryu-
June 16th, 2008, 21:32
Hey tried this with every single metal slug on my M3 simply.All work fine except some times that the framerate takes a little dive nothing bad really.It's very playable!

sorry,ALL the metal slug (1,2,3,4,5) works for you?
how it's possible?
ms 4 and 5 doesn't boot...and metal slug 2 and 3 has too many slowdowns....

crookedmouth
June 17th, 2008, 03:27
how it's possible?

What card are you playing it on?

psykotine
June 17th, 2008, 07:29
how it's possible?

Hello,

You don't have the good mame romset, I have a M3 Real and it works fine on it:thumbup:

-evilryu-
June 17th, 2008, 18:04
What card are you playing it on?

i've supercard sd rumble....
it's this?

-evilryu-
June 17th, 2008, 18:11
sorry....i've forgotten that with the last version metal slug 4 and 5 runs
but only metal slug 1 runs fine (60fps)
ms 2,3,4,5 runs at 40-55 fps :(((
why?
i've to set anything?

PS: i think that the rom are ok,inside are all .bin and all works on the mame emu.

mitch/shilo
July 22nd, 2008, 04:10
question.
how do i get the ndsconvert txt file?

rushmore
August 3rd, 2008, 03:13
I converted 105 games and put them in the root of my 8gb card, but only the M's through W's show in the game menu. There are A's through Z's in the games I transferred to the card, but they do not show in the game list when running NeoDS. The ones that show do all work great.

I have searched the forum and have not seen any similar problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

crookedmouth
August 3rd, 2008, 07:52
I converted 105 games and put them in the root of my 8gb card, but only the M's through W's show in the game menu. There are A's through Z's in the games I transferred to the card, but they do not show in the game list when running NeoDS. The ones that show do all work great.

I have searched the forum and have not seen any similar problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Though Fat16 is recommended for faster file retrieving or something, I believe it has file limits,like number of files in the root folder.
Are you using fat16 or fat32 format?

crimeclown420
September 26th, 2008, 17:37
I have MAME on my PC & a few games. I've got a few on NeoDS to run, but I REALLY wanna play Splatterhouse. (http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=21471)Is there anyway to get this one running on NeoDS, or will there be future patches for NeoDS that will play more games?

crookedmouth
September 26th, 2008, 19:06
I have MAME on my PC & a few games. I've got a few on NeoDS to run, but I REALLY wanna play Splatterhouse. (http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=21471)Is there anyway to get this one running on NeoDS, or will there be future patches for NeoDS that will play more games?

Splatterhouse is not a NeoGeo game, your best bet is to use jenesisDS.

newest jenesisDS thread
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119510

I'm not certain of the compatibility but I believe at least the first one works and Splatterhouse 1,2, & 3 were released for the genesis.

vamos
September 27th, 2008, 17:08
I cant get SVC to work. I can get the bios to convert but not the game.

I have alot of versions of it, but also only one will show up in MAME, but they are .roms.

What gives? Only one will work, and it seems to the most elusive copy,or something, jesus ****in christ.

crookedmouth
September 28th, 2008, 01:13
Snk VS Capcom Chaos apparently is the one you want to look for.

Compatibility list
http://soulmilk.tistory.com/6

crimeclown420
September 29th, 2008, 18:20
Splatterhouse is not a NeoGeo game, your best bet is to use jenesisDS.

newest jenesisDS thread
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119510

I'm not certain of the compatibility but I believe at least the first one works and Splatterhouse 1,2, & 3 were released for the genesis.

I have jenesisDS ....prolly my 2nd fav emu other then NeoDS. That why I was hoping for the Splatterhouse ROM to convert. Spatterhouse1 came out on Turbografx16 but wasnt as good as the Arcade, which is the ROM I post'd a link to earlier. Spatterhouse 2 & 3 came out on Genesis, of which I have for jenesisDS. Think the NeoDS programer is working on an emu the runs MAME games as well, or am I getting my hopes up? That would prolly max my micro SD card if MAME ROMS were NeoDS compatable :thumbup:

crookedmouth
September 29th, 2008, 19:15
I wouldn't get your hopes up on a Mame port. If anything he would most likely do another Arcade Board emu, like the Sega System 32 board or something. However he's never made mention of such a project, but then again he just worked on NeoDS for a year then sprung it on everyone.
I'm just talking out my arse, you could contact him though.

http://groups.google.com/group/neods

http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=43&sid=7999a25695ec8ae5921b3bdb29cfe87f (http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=43&sid=7999a25695ec8ae5921b3bdb29cfe87f)

avirata
June 18th, 2009, 07:14
When will Nintendo have a new regular system like the Gamecube? I loved the gamecube but I really don't like the wii. Does anyone know if there will be like a super gamecube or anything that doesn't require the motion thingy for Nintendo?

SenseiMasterZ
April 25th, 2010, 19:51
okay, Ive done all this but it doesnt convert mslug.zip
It makes neogeo.zip into neogeo.neo but mslug.zip stays the same. what do I do?

Rehunter2k6
May 19th, 2010, 00:23
Does anyone here have or know were to get the latest universal bios 3.0 (uni-bios_3_0.rom)

i have been looking for 3 weeks and i can not locate it anywhere

please MASSIVE +rep to the person who helps me out

crookedmouth
May 24th, 2010, 21:08
Does anyone here have or know were to get the latest universal bios 3.0 (uni-bios_3_0.rom)

i have been looking for 3 weeks and i can not locate it anywhere

please MASSIVE +rep to the person who helps me out

I found it in 3 seconds ;)

Costs a mere 25 euros

http://unibios.free.fr/ordering.html