PDA

View Full Version : So is this it?

Mourningstar
September 18th, 2005, 22:33
As in emulator....is this all we will get?

I know someone is working on a PS emu and it might be a reality someday...but Im already bored with what the homebrew scene has to offer...

I really wish someone would work on a GBA emu...it seems like it would be fairly easy...

parabolee
September 18th, 2005, 23:36
You have really played all he great games for all the different emulated game systems?

GBA will come eventually, but I expect you'll be bored with that in a few days too.

Mourningstar
September 19th, 2005, 00:03
Well no, I havent touched the NeoGeo emus....basically because i dont know anyhting about their games....

I get bored of the classics easily...even the ones I love like Zelda, COntra and Mortal Kombat...they just cant hold my interest. :(

Im very thankfull to be able to play all of those old classics, and Doom and Quake also, but I really wish there was a GBA emu...it will have NEW games coming for a couple more years....

Oh well, I guess I really shouldnt complain though. ;)

I just started playing ALTTP for the first time in probably 10 years...its great, just like I remember it, but Im stuck....

Cap'n 1time
September 19th, 2005, 02:42
Well no, I havent touched the NeoGeo emus....basically because i dont know anyhting about their games....

I get bored of the classics easily...even the ones I love like Zelda, COntra and Mortal Kombat...they just cant hold my interest. :(

I know how you feel. I created this thread about 20 days ago to try to make a list of SNES goodies that are under appreciated or over looked. take a looksee theres about 1000 hours worth of gaming in this little list i imagine.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9770

Mourningstar
September 19th, 2005, 05:17
I know how you feel. I created this thread about 20 days ago to try to make a list of SNES goodies that are under appreciated or over looked. take a looksee theres about 1000 hours worth of gaming in this little list i imagine.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9770
Thanks, Ill check it in a minute...

Iwas just looking at the list of emus and Im not seeing NeoGeo.....I only see NeoGeo Pocket and NeoGeo CD.....isnt there an emu for just plain old NeoGeo?

Shiaoran
September 19th, 2005, 14:24
aren't NG's and NGCD's games the same?
NG = arcade
NGCD = console

I know... It starts to get boring when you have beaten all the good games and don't wanto to play the bad ones...
try finding games that you think to be good and play them... that's the sollution...

IndianCheese
September 21st, 2005, 04:52
are you kidding me? believe it or not, ever since i got my new 1.5, i haven't touched any of my umds. i'm too busy playing pokemon crystal, sonic 3 and knuckles, and super smash bros. psp!

Tomppa
September 21st, 2005, 06:37
Yes, just if I would have those homebrews.. Then someone would come and say; "Let's play NFSUR!" Damn I would laugh at him...

Kaiser
September 24th, 2005, 04:33
Yes, just if I would have those homebrews.. Then someone would come and say; "Let's play NFSUR!" Damn I would laugh at him...

:D HAHA reminds me of how I treat my friend running 1.51. Poor bastard just dreams of homebrew.

RedKing14CA
September 24th, 2005, 04:38
i wouldn't go on bit torrent and download psp ISO's and i wouldn't go to psp-hacks.com and download fastloader... nope... that would be considered wrong,a dn illegal, in some people's opinions.... even if it would respark your PSP interest, DONT DO IT, MWOOOOR!!!!

F34R
September 24th, 2005, 06:08
Mourningstar,

You could always try learning to code for the PSP. Either in Lua or C/C++. You can then try and make a simple, but attractive game that you'd enjoy. Programming would certainly keep you busy.

pspfan
September 24th, 2005, 06:46
Like everyone said, just keep looking for more games. I'm sure you'll find them. (At least I hope so.) That thread is pretty good for SNES games, too.

are you kidding me? believe it or not, ever since i got my new 1.5, i haven't touched any of my umds. i'm too busy playing pokemon crystal, sonic 3 and knuckles, and super smash bros. psp!

Super smash bros? What emulator is that for?

Sharkey
September 26th, 2005, 16:54
well maybe if some of the people finished the projects they started,
hint*quake* we could enjoy some of this more.

with all the downgrading bad news for version 1.51 and up i dont see this scene doing much more in the future, the interest is diminishing.

im just hoping for one more emu, the n64, then everyone can quit and ill still be happy.
i just dont want my 4+ gigs of n64 roms to go to waste. :(

quzar
September 26th, 2005, 17:51

with all the downgrading bad news for version 1.51 and up i dont see this scene doing much more in the future, the interest is diminishing.

im just hoping for one more emu, the n64, then everyone can quit and ill still be happy.

oh no, your freely, illegally, downloaded n64 roms will go to 'waste'. boo hoo.

if you aren't one helping then don't bitch about unfinished things.

Sharkey
September 26th, 2005, 23:25
im not bitching.
mourningstar knows exactly what im talking about.

and i paid for those roms, thank you, unlike you ill bet.
most of which i own the cartridges for anyways.

and if you visit the quake forums ever, doubtful since your talking shit,
youll see i help out quite a bit.

do your research before talking and take that holier than thou attitude and shove it.

Mourningstar
September 27th, 2005, 02:13

I agree with everything you said...

Quake being finished...

Anything above 1.5 being cracked....

And an N64 emu...

quzar
September 27th, 2005, 02:31
im not bitching silly.
mourningstar knows exactly what im talking about.

and i paid for those roms, thank you, unlike you ill bet.
most of which i own the cartridges for anyways.

and if you visit the quake forums ever, doubtful since your talking shit,
youll see i help out quite a bit.

do your research before talking out your mouth and take that holier than thou attitude and shove it.

oh, yea, typing out instructions to something that was already possible for other people to read... biggg help. if you paid for the roms, then you did so illegally, as there is currently no service (with one minor exception) that would allow you to download n64 roms legally. saying that you own the cartridges means nothing as it is still illegal.

i DO follow most every forum here, and i see you near constantly whining about these things not being finished. wow, someone giving you free stuff and you complain that it isn't good enough? nice job.

Sharkey
September 27th, 2005, 03:33
and i see you near constantly whining about these things not being finished. wow, someone giving you free stuff and you complain that it isn't good enough? nice job.

constantly whining?
ive made like 2 posts outside of the quake forum.
wanna lie about anything else?

oh, yea, typing out instructions to something that was already possible for other people to read... biggg help.
god your love talking out or mouth.
installing mods onto a pc and onto a psp is very different and it involves alot of time testing trial and error.

if you paid for the roms, then you did so illegally, as there is currently no service (with one minor exception) that would allow you to download n64 roms legally. saying that you own the cartridges means nothing as it is still illegal.

illegal or not,i did pay for my roms.
but since your one one whining about it,
you must have gotten all your legally then right? doubt it.

i DO follow most every forum here

yeah, im sure you do. :rolleyes:

quzar
September 27th, 2005, 04:16
constantly whining?
ive made like 2 posts outside of the quake forum.
wanna lie about anything else?

you misread what i said, when i said 'i DO read every forum' i meant that i do read the quake forum. when i said i constantly see you whining, i did not mean to imply that you do so in every forum simply because i made the two statements in sequence.

Sharkey
September 27th, 2005, 04:21
well you dont see me doing it in there either so shut it,
stay on topic or gtfo with YOUR whining and complaining.

your the instigator here and i dont back down from e-bullys like yourself.
id tell you off the way id like but the mods keep editing my posts.

this scene is dead anyways,
theres something you can bitch about me saying.

quzar
September 27th, 2005, 06:13
Considering the topic is 'why don't we have more/better emulators?' and I'm talking about the inappropriateness and audacity of asking that when they are free and cost other's much time and effort, I would think I'm quite on topic.

Also, I AM the mod, it's not a matter of being a bully, I don't care what you say about me, as long as it is appropriate for an all-ages forum, nor anything controversial, just don't insult the integrity of those who contribute without need for compensation.

Sharkey
September 27th, 2005, 15:51
well good for you, why dont you pat yourself on the back some more eh?
there was no need for you to attack my opening post.

if this is the way mods act around here ill be damned if i keep returning.
i was just trying to keep interest in the quake forums,
i see thats not appreciated and you seem to be hardpressed to convince me of that fact.

heres an edit for you...

**** you, enjoy your dead quake forums without me.
i can see this isnt the right place for me to post.
no prob, theres a ton of other psp forums i can join.
cheerio, robert.

quzar
September 27th, 2005, 17:57
well good for you, why dont you pat yourself on the back some more eh?
there was no need for you to attack my opening post.

if this is the way mods act around here ill be damned if i keep returning.
i was just trying to keep interest in the quake forums,
i see thats not appreciated and you seem to be hardpressed to convince me of that fact.

heres an edit for you...

**** you, enjoy your dead quake forums without me.
i can see this isnt the right place for me to post.
no prob, theres a ton of other psp forums i can join.
cheerio, robert.

you value my opinion so little, yet hold it high enough to leave because of it. nice to know.

Cap'n 1time
September 27th, 2005, 19:42
I felt the topic required people to inform ms of some of the stuff he is missing out on.
while i dont see where quzar was coming from exactly, its a pretty dumb idea for you, sharkey to run your mouth about the 4 gigs of n64 roms you illegally bought. leave or dont, but it dosnt matter what the subject matter is, if any form of warez is discussed on this forum you loose.

its obviouse quzar was not thinking clearly when he made the remark about you helping people with Quake related stuff. I think around here we appreciate any help to the scene, big or small. well, now that this thread is destroyed, hows about you lock it :)

quzar
September 27th, 2005, 20:29
I know he's done some stuff for psp quake, but i had seen more than a handfull of posts by him that were filled with 'if only these people would work more on quake and write an n64 emu < rant rant>' and i'm simply sick of that attitude. Complaining about something that he is no working on (literally working on, not working on related stuff) bugs me to no end. Not only that but when laced with the whole 'now my GBs of warez will <i>go to waste</i>' it was just more than i'd stay quite for.

anyways, i agree a lock is probably in order, especially since the topic was mostly meaningless to begin with.