PDA

View Full Version : DS-Linker EX (16Gbit) - SLOT 1

wraggster
April 30th, 2008, 22:20
New at Flashlinker Shop (http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/product_info.php?ref=30&products_id=565&affiliate_banner_id=1)

http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/images/DSL16GEX_big1.jpg

- Original Size
- No Flashme, No Passme, No convert.
- Boot from DS slot directly
- Built-in memory design
- Multi-games support
- U-Disk Operation, just Drag 'n Drop
- MoonShell support, MP3 & Movie.
- no GBA support
- including special USB reader/writer

Firmware: V1.45

AlexoOo
May 1st, 2008, 01:17
Hmm, I've got a DS Linker Cart, and it's pretty awful for homebrew. Nice if you want to use it for backing up commercial games.

This purple triangular hardware is new, tho, looks like a USB card writer so you don't have to plug through the DS any more. Maybe the DS lnker creators are worried that the (prophesised) new DS will have no port 2.

paul3100
May 1st, 2008, 08:17
Maybe the DS lnker creators are worried that the (prophesised) new DS will have no port 2

Perhaps this way is faster at transferring games across than going through the GBA port cause lets face it it can't be any slower!!!

I hate these cards tbh, i had one similar to this before and i hated it, menu was just horrible, games compatibility wasn't great and as said above homebrew support is bad.

Also they try to say these cards are better due to having the memory built in and not having to use SD cards! , well i for one prefer to use removable memory.

16 Gbit , whats that again 2 gigs of memory? then why not put 2 gigabytes, + memory has a fairly short life span with all that re writing of games and saves .

My opinion for what its worth is this, avoid at all costs and buy a supercard SDHC or cyclone which both have 100% compatibility with DS backups and homebrew and both support large SD memory... plus both have real time save function and a whole lot more features as where THIS card above doesn't............. 1/10

paul

duckharding30
May 1st, 2008, 09:44
yep agree with u guys on this the linker cards are crap really, great for back up games but appalling homebrew compatibility, almost non existent firmware updates and both of mine have corrupted themselves and needed to be completely erased and refromatted. Wish i'd gone with supercard. lucky i still have my gbaMP for homebrew gaming.

spinal_cord
May 1st, 2008, 12:14
16 Gbit , whats that again 2 gigs of memory? then why not put 2 gigabytes, + memory has a fairly short life span with all that re writing of games and saves .

Computer memory is traditionally measured in BITs rather than BYTES, one problem with this, that people who measure in bytes rather than bits, tend to short change people and give them 1000 bits to the byte rather than the real 1024 bits. But it is mainly due to tradition. As for the flash memory wearing out, that really shouldn't happen within the cards intended life time, usness for some reason your trying to use it for some sort of swap file. The card should last quite a few years, probably longer than the ds your using it in.

paul3100
May 1st, 2008, 17:55
Ok perhaps the memory dying out isn't such an issue but i stand with my original statement that this card is garbage and anyone looking to purchase one should NOT!!!

Its not a decent card to store your backups on, its only good as a picture on a " history of the DS " worst cards!!!

enough said........... paul

spinal_cord
May 2nd, 2008, 01:16
One of the worst cards eh?

bah, can't be bothered to argue that most cards have compatibility issues and terrible looking menus.

R4mbo
May 2nd, 2008, 11:35
We need skilled people for the DS... like on the PSP and now the Wii... the homebrew-scene for this system is still to weak I think. I mean, were are the firmwarehacks and stuff?

spinal_cord
May 2nd, 2008, 18:28
The DS already has the only firmware hack it needs, flashme, provides booting to a slot-2 card (in ds mode) and safety from any malware. The DS community needs nothing else from a firmware (besides what it already does), all software can be run from various slot-1 & 2 cards with out modification to the firmware, unlike the PSP.

R4mbo
May 7th, 2008, 10:29
But isnt it better to have GOOD Firmwarehacks instead of Modchips? BTW... is it possible to run GBA homebrew with only a Slot-1 Card? (R4DS)... maybe with that Firmware Hack?