PDA

View Full Version : Music_prx plugin for 3.90+ fw

wraggster
April 30th, 2008, 22:41
News/release from Cpasjuste (http://mydedibox.fr/index.php)

Hi, since a lot of people requested it, i ported the music_prx plugin to the 3.90+ firmware.

This has been tested on a 3.90 M33-3 slim PSP, WITHOUT the fatmsmod patch applied.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

LAMPRO
April 30th, 2008, 22:47
holy shite cpajuste YOU ARE THE MAN.

ive been the most arrogantly intrusive demanding psp owner with regards to this prx. you dont know what this means to me.

On all forums i will be praising you for this.

sammiesosa#1
April 30th, 2008, 23:25
Will this work in 3.93 CFW.

Elven6
April 30th, 2008, 23:35
What does it do?

gamefreak199101
May 1st, 2008, 00:25
hey why did you move my post elsewhere and you posted it here

Dunpeal1978
May 1st, 2008, 01:16
Yeah will this let me play MP3's anywhere on my FATPSP 3.90+ CFW????

justicejoe
May 1st, 2008, 01:39
but its huge like 829mb for a plugin wtf?

Dunpeal1978
May 1st, 2008, 01:43
Yeah what is the Music_src folder for? what are those files for?

MicroNut
May 1st, 2008, 01:45
The ReadMe is very detailed and much to big to post here.
Its a copy of the original that came with 3.40.
Cpasjuste has ported it for 3.90 (it stopped working from 3.71 on)

"This is a custom firmware plugin that allows you to play music while using the vsh or playing a umd/homebrew game."

"This version doesn't support pops, ..."
This one probably doesn't either.

It also contains the source code... which is why its so big.

The attached file is the plug-in only for 3.90

Here are the default controls from the music_config.txt
VOLUP = SELECT|UP
VOLDOWN = SELECT|DOWN
START_STOP = SELECT|LTRIGGER
PREVIOUS = SELECT|LEFT
NEXT = SELECT|RIGHT
MODE_TOGGLE = SELECT|RTRIGGER #SEQ/RAND
CPU_NEXT = SELECT|TRIANGLE
CPU_PREV = SELECT|CROSS
RELOAD = SELECT|CIRCLE
DISPLAY = SELECT|SQUARE #on screen display
IN_GAME_MUTE = SELECT|HOME #press this combo once to disable game sounds, and again to enable them
LOOP = SELECT|START

justicejoe
May 1st, 2008, 01:59
so is that 828mb an error because there no way i dl a gb of stuff in the 2min it took.

MicroNut
May 1st, 2008, 02:34
so is that 828mb an error because there no way i dl a gb of stuff in the 2min it took.
Umm, no its called compression.
And it seems to be working really well in this case.
The "audio_id" file, in the source folder, is huge.
I re-upped the plug-in only.

In any case, seems to work good with the fatmsmod patch applied using 3.90M330-3
Even works on my counterfeit card (which requires fatmsmod to work at all on 3.90M33-3)

http://www.fullburn.com/random/snap000.jpg

LAMPRO
May 1st, 2008, 04:00
ok, been running this since first post.

no probs wutsoever. lil glitch when other things access the MS but besides that, all functions working perfect. all songs playing no matter what mhz, all are mp3. one thing, pressing CIRCLE in combo is supposed to reload the song, but it only pauses. no reload. repressing CIRCLE doesnt play after pausing, you have to restart by pressing R TRIGGER in combo. also, pressing SQUARE now brings up a debug display (different than before, much more info) along with prx info like LOOP, RAND, SEQ, track name, cpu speed, vol, igm (in game music- which i think is aimed at turning music in brew/cso on or off, but isnt working for me i think cause ive ripped out most music in all games anywaylolol)..

note: i used NOTE instead of SELECT on the config so the m33 vsh menu in 390 doesnt pop up everytime. so inside music.config,txt, wherever there is a command which starts as SELECT | xxx, where xxx is any button to correspond the function, replace SELECT with NOTE. thus when u press NOTE with the button to correspond the function, you wont see the m33 vsh menu.

note: i also disable the control for cpu speed in the config, as it is set by m33 vsh menu in 390 for most stability. then i wont accidentally change it by pressing buttons when im zoned out.

note:running the prx ingame, hit home and exiting from brew/cso to xmb -automatically shuts off the prx until you use the combo to start again. no sweat.

neways now im runnig the iso brrew vsh mp3 player, and it was well worth it.. thanks and all respek to ahmann for giving birth and especially to cpajsute for raising the crop.

390m33 rejoice@@!!!:))))

domthegod
May 1st, 2008, 11:22
why oh why is it 829mb . please answer .Non of the other music .prx had any files that big?

darthhaze420
May 1st, 2008, 12:25
thanks for the release but why did everybody who wanted it just use the cfw extender ?? just a question it does do the same thing with more

Mr-S
May 1st, 2008, 20:51
the zip files 5.15mb, doubt u could compress that from 800mb :rofl: i am downloadin as i type

i stand correctd.. :rofl: what is the phatmsmod?

xSBx
May 2nd, 2008, 06:44
I am running 3.90 m33-3 slim, how do you install this? The readme isn't very clear.

LAMPRO
May 2nd, 2008, 21:05
re read the readme.

lol.

this is a seplugin file, you need the seplugin folder at root of ms, this goes in it, and config needs to be configd to your liking, and files need to but in the right place. then goto recoverym33, and enable the plugin on both vsh and game, and then u win!!

reread the readme too.

bacalacadaca
May 2nd, 2008, 21:25
hmm i cant get the music to work in games only the vsh menu

Elven6
May 2nd, 2008, 21:48
Would this allow me to play my music in the browser? Because thats a plugin I really need.

ab9003
May 2nd, 2008, 21:59
Yeah it works in the browser (and damn near everywhere else). When I didn't see this for 3.90 I had to downgrade my psp just to have it but now with this release I can get 3.90 back so I am :).

xSBx
May 3rd, 2008, 00:09
re read the readme.

lol.

this is a seplugin file, you need the seplugin folder at root of ms, this goes in it, and config needs to be configd to your liking, and files need to but in the right place. then goto recoverym33, and enable the plugin on both vsh and game, and then u win!!

reread the readme too.

Ok I figured it out. I had a different version from another website and it was all messed up. Ok so I enabled the plugins. How do I use the plugin on my PSP?

LAMPRO
May 3rd, 2008, 18:51
Ok I figured it out. I had a different version from another website and it was all messed up. Ok so I enabled the plugins. How do I use the plugin on my PSP?

read the music.config file included in the zip. its very understandable. reread it again, ull get it!!

LAMPRO
May 3rd, 2008, 18:52
Yeah it works in the browser (and damn near everywhere else). When I didn't see this for 3.90 I had to downgrade my psp just to have it but now with this release I can get 3.90 back so I am :).

yeah i was thinkin that too, but i knew cpasjuste would break it and make us all smile. ahhh the psp the way i wouldve made it.

Dunpeal1978
May 11th, 2008, 02:52
Does this work if Im using 3.90 m333 CFW with the CXMB.PRX enabled? I installed it and it didnt work?Is it a conflicT with CXMB.PRX?

LAMPRO
May 11th, 2008, 23:27
Does this work if Im using 3.90 m333 CFW with the CXMB.PRX enabled? I installed it and it didnt work?Is it a conflicT with CXMB.PRX?

yeah there might be some plugin compat issues, but rearrange the music.config in the folder to reassign the buttons, and make sure the vsh.txt and whatever .txt files you have are all CORRECT.

reread the read me...lol..

Mr-S
May 17th, 2008, 10:06
i cant get off recovry without it crashing i dont have any other plugins... switchn off vsh just makes game crash upon loading...

kohan69
May 17th, 2008, 10:58
hmm i cant get the music to work in games only the vsh menu

same here

djbrotherson
May 19th, 2008, 18:18
From my understanding and from what I'm reading this release seems pointless...

doesn't work from within a game only from vsh... well thats pointless isn't it? Use irshell, you can go to a from irshell and the XMB which is wayyy better. Some games work when launching it from irshell and some don't (mostly the ones that use the media engine dont work)

djbrotherson
May 19th, 2008, 18:20
...or is it working within games? someone correct me if i'm wrong please

bacalacadaca
May 20th, 2008, 01:05
it didn't work withing games for me

djbrotherson
May 22nd, 2008, 22:51
WTF 829MB??? This makes no sense! How did you ppl get around this?

-

I didn't install the music_src folder

Do I need it or is it just the source files for the plugin?

And if I do where do I put the folder? (under the SEPLUGINS folder?) and how do you get around the 829MB audio_ld file?

LAMPRO
May 24th, 2008, 04:59
...or is it working within games? someone correct me if i'm wrong please

working within all games. i dont have any other plugins installed. i basically used the old setup from the 352 music prx for the config. workin perrfect.

much love. this is the best plugin EVER. PERIOD.