PDA

View Full Version : First Mario Kart Wii competition goes live

Shrygue
May 1st, 2008, 19:50
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188176)

Nintendo has started the first Mario Kart Wii competition, which you can start playing right this second.

To enter, simply go to the Mario Kart channel and scroll down to the Competitions option. Providing you've downloaded the latest data (the bottom option), you'll get the following message, "Get the best time you can in a VS on Mario Circuit."

That means computer characters are on the course and normal items are in use. The course has been changed slightly, with items placed differently and the chain chomp is prowling around, freely.

We're not entirely convinced about the challenge, given the randomness eleven computer characters bring to the course. Never-the-less, we'll be competing. The competition will run until May 10. Go!

PeyeRate420
May 2nd, 2008, 17:42
unlike smash bros (a gr8 game that lags online :( )

mario kart wii is VERY nice online... (no lag) super stable and a good lot of fun! 8)

Xoltana
May 2nd, 2008, 22:58
Hmmmmm got two first place records,but wouldnt upload results online,tried a couple of times but no joy. ?

jimmyd
May 3rd, 2008, 17:44
I think the servers were overloaded at one point or something to that effect because I couldn't intially upload my times. Not that they were any good!

Anyone got tips for this, I'm stuck at around 1:56.3 as Dry Bones on the Magikruzer/Bullet Bike. Is it just a case of being lucky with items? I'm sure if you could hold on to 3 mushrooms and use them tactically, like the time trials, it would be better.

mekarena
May 4th, 2008, 11:23
Those top 10 times are crazy. I can't get faster then 1:39.8 with waluigi and the torpedo bike.

JKKDARK
May 4th, 2008, 14:25
I hope they didn't cheat like in the DS version