PDA

View Full Version : MADD Targets GTA IV Over Drunk Driving Scene

wraggster
May 1st, 2008, 21:27
The watch-dog group Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) has set its sights on the rating of GTA IV, primarily because a player can drive drunk in the game. MADD released a statement saying that 'Drunk driving is not a game, and it is not a joke. Drunk driving is a choice, a violent crime and it is also 100 percent preventable.' MADD also is asking Rockstar Games to consider removing GTA IV from distribution 'out of respect for the millions of victims/survivors of drunk driving.' Rockstar replied to MADD by saying 'we have a great deal of respect for MADD's mission, but we believe the mature audience for "Grand Theft Auto IV" is more than sophisticated enough to understand the game's content.' As expected, Jack Thompson is making his usual attention-whoring remarks by comparing GTA IV to the polio virus

http://games.slashdot.org/games/08/05/01/147224.shtml

DimensionT
May 1st, 2008, 21:36
"WAAAAAAAAAHHHHH"

Do they really worry more about driving drunk in the game then all the other shit you can do in it?

Go cry a river, let the people play what they want.

ExcruciationX
May 1st, 2008, 22:38
And it is a game, techically.

I doubt any idiot that plays this would drive drunk after playing this.

F9zDark
May 1st, 2008, 23:30
And it is a game, techically.

I doubt any idiot that plays this would drive drunk after playing this.

Well you never know, it does take quite a stupid individual to drive drunk in the first place. But really, why do they care?

Its just a game.

mcdougall57
May 1st, 2008, 23:42
well 1 in 10 adults in the u.k admit drink driving once a week so there must be a lot of stupid people out there

F9zDark
May 2nd, 2008, 02:56
well 1 in 10 adults in the u.k admit drink driving once a week so there must be a lot of stupid people out there

Thats interesting. Doesn't the UK (like much of Europe, so I am told) have great public transportation?

In the US public transportation is laughable. I can go to NYC by bus or train, but I couldn't take either of those to a town 5 miles away...

I guess what I am trying to say is, if what I am told is true about public transportation, those of you across the pond have no reason to drive drunk in the first place; unlike us in the US, which if you don't have a car, you're not going anywhere.

Man
May 2nd, 2008, 03:21
But driving drunk in the game is soo much fun, i would never ever ever drink and drive, i like having a license, but when Niko Belic shouts out " YELLOWWW CARRR !!!!!" when trying to hail a taxi, it just takes all the edge off it, honestly people need to relise that Its a game, and kids can turn on evening news and see a lot worst stuff.

ElRazur
May 2nd, 2008, 08:39
So out of curiosity, since everyone seem to be jumping on the band wagon of blaming GTA IV for everything evil. I wonder if any religious figure has condemned the game yet?