PDA

View Full Version : MADD Targets GTA IV Over Drunk Driving Scene

wraggster
May 1st, 2008, 21:27
The watch-dog group Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) has set its sights on the rating of GTA IV, primarily because a player can drive drunk in the game. MADD released a statement saying that 'Drunk driving is not a game, and it is not a joke. Drunk driving is a choice, a violent crime and it is also 100 percent preventable.' MADD also is asking Rockstar Games to consider removing GTA IV from distribution 'out of respect for the millions of victims/survivors of drunk driving.' Rockstar replied to MADD by saying 'we have a great deal of respect for MADD's mission, but we believe the mature audience for "Grand Theft Auto IV" is more than sophisticated enough to understand the game's content.' As expected, Jack Thompson is making his usual attention-whoring remarks by comparing GTA IV to the polio virus

http://games.slashdot.org/games/08/05/01/147224.shtml

Dbgtgoten
May 3rd, 2008, 11:00
TSK TSK TSK MADD how people dive into things head first without researching first grab the game and play. I've had it when i came out of the bar drunk stumbling and i tried to get into a car the guy said "i shouldn't drive like this i should call a cab" or "This is not a good idea driving like this" Tsk Tsk Tsk people need to get a life cause in a way the game is actually giving you the choice its up to you to make the right one ;)