PDA

View Full Version : PSPVNC : Portable VNC v1.2.8 (IR 3.80 & 3.90)

zx-81
May 2nd, 2008, 11:49
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspvnc-snap-v1.2.5.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new release of Portable VNC, with IR keyboard working even with fw 3.80 and 3.90 (psp FAT only of course ...).

For those for haven't seen previous versions, VNC let you access to your PC desktop from anywhere using a wifi connection.

What's new in version 1.2.8 :

+ Fix issue with IR keyboard on cfw >= 3.80
+ Add a readme file

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker and the Virtual keyboard is based on the Danzel code.

PSPVNC has been written by NHD from TeamXos and it's based on the PalmOS VNC client.

It is distributed under GNU licence, and sources are provided.

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gamefreak199101
May 5th, 2008, 00:29
can you please explain how to do this please and what i need, because i saw couple videos on youtube but they're no help, can you tell me what versions of things i need and how to set up the server for porting from my psp?

re.tard.ous
May 10th, 2008, 10:15
can i use this app on my psp slim

zx-81
May 10th, 2008, 10:34
yes

TheFoil
May 13th, 2008, 20:11
Cool, got it working on my 3.90!
It is quite slow in updating the screen, although it's probably because I'm using one of those datel wifimax dongles.

Any tips on speeding things up?

zx-81
May 18th, 2008, 09:48
i don't have any tips ... sorry

AdamRav
May 18th, 2008, 12:35
Cool, got it working on my 3.90!
It is quite slow in updating the screen, although it's probably because I'm using one of those datel wifimax dongles.

Any tips on speeding things up?

Well i used to have the same problems as you, i sorted it by using RealVNC which works a lot better then TightVNC

Might want ot try that out

sirzeel
May 19th, 2008, 22:15
When I start this on my psp 3.71 cfw, I get a black screen then my psp shuts down.. I use to have an older version WAY older version and it worked fine.. anyone mind helping me on whats happening?

AdamRav
May 21st, 2008, 14:32
When I start this on my psp 3.71 cfw, I get a black screen then my psp shuts down.. I use to have an older version WAY older version and it worked fine.. anyone mind helping me on whats happening?

Is the PSPVNC folder in your GAME371 folder ???

silentmatt
June 23rd, 2008, 22:31
I'm really trying to get this to work.
The Portable VNC launches and I'm able to connect to the internet and enter in the hostname of my computer. According to my local VNC logs, the PSP connects but is unable to get proper authorization.
I know my VNC server is working because other computers on my network can log onto it fine (internally and externally, the ports have been forwarded, etc.) so it seems like the problem has to do with the Portable VNC.
I keep getting the error: "ConnectToTcpAddr: cannot connect; Error: -1 / 125" Any idea what it means?

I have even removed all password protection from the VNC server to see if that might help.. to no avail.

I am running Vine Server v 3.0 (1016) on OS X as my VNC server (which is compatible with RealVNC and TightVNC viewers via Windows) and the latest version of Portable VNC (1.2.8) on my PSP.

zx-81
June 23rd, 2008, 22:40
The message "ConnectToTcpAddr: cannot connect; Error: -1 / 125" means that pspvnc can not open / bind a connection to your PC. So the reason can be :

- you set a wrong host name or IP address
- you set a wrong port number (it should be 5900 or 5901)
- there is a firewall
- your vnc server is not launched

silentmatt
June 24th, 2008, 01:46
- you set a wrong host name or IP address

I tried both my dynamic DNS address (external) and my computer's local address. I can get to my local apache webserver no problem, so the PSP is on the network and can access the computer... However, when I put in the VNC port, it says there is a server error.

- you set a wrong port number (it should be 5900 or 5901)

I've tried with about 10 different port numbers (including 5900 and 5901, but also 28000 and a bunch of others). With each change I have updated the VNC server client, the corresponding ports on my router and the PSP. In any case, as of now, I'm back to using 5901.

- there is a firewall

Nope. I don't have any sort of firewall active on the router nor on my computer. Disabled across the board.

- your vnc server is not launched

According to the Activity Monitor (OS X's task manager), the server is running. If I type in the local address in my web browser, I get the proper response ("RFB 003.008") and it works from my other computers...

Does the RFB protocol matter? Right now it is set at Default (3.8), but I can change it to 3.7 or 3.3 if necessary.

UPDATE: It seems that now I am getting a different error message... in that the VNC server is declared to be a "not valid VNC server", followed by "ERROR: cannot initialize".

noah551
July 6th, 2008, 03:21
I've also been having some problems. I ve had about three errors. they were -1/125, -1/111, and -1/116. I believe i have but in the right ip adress, and stuff. it will also almost freeze at the connecting... screen. It will stay there for a moment and then come up with an error. I have also tried making a custom wifi connection with all the ip adress dns primary and secondary and ll that stuff. so if anyone coukld help me that would be great.

zanther4
July 15th, 2008, 06:39
I've also been having some problems. I ve had about three errors. they were -1/125, -1/111, and -1/116. I believe i have but in the right ip adress, and stuff. it will also almost freeze at the connecting... screen. It will stay there for a moment and then come up with an error. I have also tried making a custom wifi connection with all the ip adress dns primary and secondary and ll that stuff. so if anyone coukld help me that would be great.
Hey Noah, I was setting this up and I was receiving similar errors. Make sure you enable port forwarding in your router for 5800 & 5900 (tcp) to (the ip of) your vnc server, and open those ports (tcp) in any firewall you use. I'm not too up on the VNC networking setup, but once I did this I connected just fine. I also use TightVNC and have a 401 M33-2, PSPVNC folder is in \psp\game\.

good luck!

neo_in
August 7th, 2008, 01:21
Hi ZX,

Does PVNC v1.2.8 support CFW 4.01 M33-2?

I did install it on my SLIM 4.01 M33-2 and the program launches fine and I am able to add a host.

But when I try to connect to UltraVNC server running on my Vista desktop:
1) On first connect attempt, only a blank screen shows.
2) On second connect attempt (I kill first attempt from UltraVNC menu on my PC); a part of PC's screen shows up but no updates, no mouse..

So wondering if this wonderful piece works on 4.01M33-2..

neo_in
August 7th, 2008, 01:55
Well I think my problem was the crappy UltraVNC software I was using.

With RealVNC, PVNC works just fine and I am able to see my Vista screen on my PSP.

Hi ZX,

Does PVNC v1.2.8 support CFW 4.01 M33-2?

I did install it on my SLIM 4.01 M33-2 and the program launches fine and I am able to add a host.

But when I try to connect to UltraVNC server running on my Vista desktop:
1) On first connect attempt, only a blank screen shows.
2) On second connect attempt (I kill first attempt from UltraVNC menu on my PC); a part of PC's screen shows up but no updates, no mouse..

So wondering if this wonderful piece works on 4.01M33-2..

sharingan5555
August 26th, 2008, 17:07
question: can u watch youtube with this? I know there's psptube, but it is unstable.

AdamRav
August 26th, 2008, 17:32
question: can u watch youtube with this? I know there's psptube, but it is unstable.

you could but there would be no sound and it would be abit choppy

lotrfan
October 1st, 2008, 01:39
Okay, so I used to have 4.01 M33-2 on my psp fat and for the life of me I could not get PSPVNC to work. It would run, but every time I clicked on "New Host" the program would freeze up and I would have to restart my PSP.

Now I have 3.90 M33-3 and it's the same exact problem. I've tried switching between GAME380 GAME150 and GAME folders, switching kernels, disabling custom themes, etc. and IT WILL NOT WORK> I AM ABOUT TO GOUGE OUT MY EYEBALLS WITH A SPORK RIGHT ABOUT NOW. Please help me. Any have any ideas? Thanks.

EDIT: BTW, I am having a similar problem with PSPWrite (latest version) where it will freeze at the splash screen.

zx-81
October 1st, 2008, 07:49
have you tried to format / chkdsk you ms ? it works all fine for me on both slim / fat with 4.01-m33-2, so i can't figure out what's going wrong with your version ...

lotrfan
October 3rd, 2008, 02:48
yay> I finally figured it out.

Ironically, piKey was interfering with PSPVNC and PSPWrite, so I shut it off. Unfortunately, I've lost the VSH plugin for some reason, and I can't install, but hey, at least I can access my computer from my PSP!!! In fact, I'm typing this on my Targus Keyboard from my PSP as I speak.

I'm thinking eventually I'll downgrade to 3.52 M33, reinstall piKey, then upgrade to 4.01 M33. Anyways,

Keep up the awesome work ZX!

lotrfan
October 3rd, 2008, 02:55
Actually, I forgot to ask something.

Has anyone gotten PSPVNC to work outside of their LAN?

I know my computer's *real* IP address (i.e. =/= 192.168.x.x) and port number but I can't get it to connect. I've also tried from my other computer with no such luck. And it's not a problem with the firewall; I can access PiMPStreamer's flash page from anywhere using my computer's real IP address.

flametai1
October 17th, 2008, 22:44
Actually, I forgot to ask something.

Has anyone gotten PSPVNC to work outside of their LAN?

I know my computer's *real* IP address (i.e. =/= 192.168.x.x) and port number but I can't get it to connect. I've also tried from my other computer with no such luck. And it's not a problem with the firewall; I can access PiMPStreamer's flash page from anywhere using my computer's real IP address.

Yea I'm having the same problem how do you fix that? lol I'd love to know xD I've even disabled all firewalls. Still doesn't work for me. It works perfect on my LAN though :\ I'd love to be able to access my desktop at home from school with my PsP but I can't figure out how to do it... Can some one tell me how to do it? All in all great work ^^

zx-81
October 29th, 2008, 22:20
you have to redirect VNC ports (ip forwarding) from your router to your PC

poorsoul
November 9th, 2008, 07:08
Hi all,

Sorry in advance for such a long 1st post, but I prefer to just search and find solutions to problems usually, but I'm just having no luck with PSPvnc, so here I go.

What I've got.

One Phatty, with 4.01 m33-2, running with the 1.50 kernel addon, with PSPvnc 1.2.8fw1-5 installed and running, Plugins disabled on the recovery menu

A Netgear KWGR614 router, reset to factory settings, then, SPI firewall turned off, both the PC (192.168.1.2) and the Phatty (168.1.3) have static IP's assigned with DHCP turned off, two port forwarding rules for the PC with ports 5801/5901 mapped. I've also tried this with the default ports (5800/900) with no luck.

An updated XP MCE with no AV, MS firewall turned off for this, TightVNC server installed and running. I've tried both UltraVNC and WIN/RealVNC to no avail, so I've plumped for Tight as theres a few mentioned success stories with it.

What I can and can't do

I've unfortunately got no other PC to try Tight on, so to test if it was up and running, I connected to h**p://192.168.1.2:5801/ in FFox and it connected, asking for Tights password and showing a Loopback connection (which is freaky :eek: ) so I'm guessing it's running just fine.

So, trying this in the Phattys browser, I can also connect with the above address, but it gives me a page with the Title, TightVNC desktop [MYPCNAME], but the page is blank apart from a solitary link to TightsVNC's homepage, no sign of the desktop. So am I right in thinking that the PSP's browser dosn't support the Java applet needed to remote view, hence just the link??

Onto PSPvnc, fired up, the PSP connects to my AP just fine, inserted 192.168.1.2:5901 as Hostname, and MYPCNAME as filename(Is this correct/matter?), then after a while of not connecting, it comes up with the error,

ConnectToTcpAddr:
cannot connect
Error: -1/116

Now I've got Sysinternals TCPview installed on my PC, and it shows two WinVNC connections listening, with local addresses of 0.0.0.0:5801 & 0.0.0.0:5901.

I've noticed that when I connect wih the PSPs browser, another WinVNC connection appears, gets renamed to [System Process]0, local address 192.168.1.2:5801 and a remote address of 192.168.1.3:64194 (Random high end port number each reconnect) with a status of TIME_WAIT, and eventually close's connection.

Trying this with PSPvnc brings up no connection attempts at all.

So, I'm thinking along the lines of my router is the cause of this due to being able to loopback locally on my PC. The entries coming up in the routers log are useless; 18:05 WAN Disconnected/Connected(Yes, thats all, no blocked/dropped etc). I'm gonna borrow a laptop and another router of a family member when I see them, and I'll feedback any results/failures in due course.

I'm at a dead end, and hoping it's something obvious you guy's can spot, and hopefully help some other poor soul like me make this great piece of Homebrew to work.

Any more info/screenshots you need please ask, and cheers for any forthcoming help.

zx-81
November 10th, 2008, 01:24
So, trying this in the Phattys browser, I can also connect with the above address, but it gives me a page with the Title, TightVNC desktop [MYPCNAME], but the page is blank apart from a solitary link to TightsVNC's homepage, no sign of the desktop. So am I right in thinking that the PSP's browser dosn't support the Java applet needed to remote view, hence just the link??

The best would be to install a small web server (or any other network apps with a web like interface on a given port) and see if you succeed to reach it with your psp.

Onto PSPvnc, fired up, the PSP connects to my AP just fine, inserted 192.168.1.2:5901 as Hostname, and MYPCNAME as filename(Is this correct/matter?), then after a while of not connecting, it comes up with the error,

ConnectToTcpAddr:
cannot connect
Error: -1/116

The 116 error id means pspvnc enter in timeout and never succeed to reach your vnc server.

Are your PC and your wireless network on the same LAN ? If not, your PC has may be only a default route to reach internet but no route to reach your wireless sub-lan where your PSP is connected ?

Main reasons when pspvnc doesn't work are the following :

- no wireless network configurated or bad routes configuration
- vnc server not launched or not compatible with pspvnc
- firewall on PC side that prevent any input connection on VNC ports from your PSP
- wrong IP address settings or ports settings
- wrong VNC password

poorsoul
November 10th, 2008, 04:56
Thanks for your quick reply zx, much appreciated.

The best would be to install a small web server (or any other network apps with a web like interface on a given port) and see if you succeed to reach it with your psp.

I've downloaded your PSPftpD (another great program, thank you) client and I can connect to this fine, through both IE's built-in ftp, and also with COREftp client it works fine with it too.

Just installed the Swing Web Interface for Azereus and I can connect to that too. So I think like I said that the Java applet for TightVnc just is not playing nice with the PSP browser.

Are your PC and your wireless network on the same LAN ?

Yep. The PC's on a wired connection (.1.2) and the PSP (obviously:rolleyes:) is using a wireless, static IP (.1.3), using WEP (I've also tried this with no security too). Pinging the PSP is giving nice short hops of <6ms.

Main reasons when pspvnc doesn't work are the following :

- no wireless network configurated or bad routes configuration

Not sure what you mean `bad routes config`, but as I just said above, pinging and internet access on the PSP are just fine, even using my next door neighbours unsecured wifi (tut tut :eek:) as another network config I'm fine.

- vnc server not launched or not compatible with pspvnc

Whats your favourite VNC client for use with PSPvnc zx?
I've tried like I say, Tight, Ultra and RealVNC, and the most success has been from Tight. I noticed your clients based on PalmVNC, is that more compatible??

- firewall on PC side that prevent any input connection on VNC ports from your PSP

Only firewall I have on here is XP sp3's built-in FW, which is turned off.

- wrong IP address settings or ports settings

This is where I believe I'm getting it wrong. I've set my router to only have 3 availble IP's, turning DHCP off, and assigning IP's to the MAC codes to my PC(.1.2), my PSP(1.3) and my 360(.1.4). Each device's network config's have been manually configured.

I've even gone to then lengths of putting one, my PC in a DMZ, with no luck. Two, my PSP in a DMZ, still no luck :confused:

The port forwarding/triggering is puzzling me though.
Should I use forwarding or triggering? I'm currently using port forwarding, with, my PC as the server address, with the port range going from 5801-5901 TCP/UDP. I've tried different ports ranging from the default ones(5900), to 24000 range, 55000 range too with no luck. Heres a printscreen of my custom port forwarding rule I've set up.

http://bayimg.com/LALjDaABn
Clicky for pic (http://bayimg.com/LALjDaABn) (Sorry in advance mod's if this isn't allowed)

Now i know I'm veering of topic here, so kind of bare with me please. This netgear router I have used to be a family members, and I swapped it for my old D-link 624, because we couldn't get her Nintendo DS to access the internet with the netgear.
I'm going down today to see if I can use PSPvnc through my old router and her PC(Vista BTW :rolleyes:), and Ill get back to you. Also if it does work theres gonna be a cheap Netgear router on eBay very soon..:thumbup:

- wrong VNC password

I so so wish I could get to that stage of it asking me for the password.

Again, thanks for any help zx. :)

poorsoul
November 10th, 2008, 08:42
:rofl:

Unbelievable. Netgear routers either suck or are very secure, depends on which way you look at it.

Been down here 10 minutes, setup ports in the D-Link router and da da!!

http://www.ladfrombrad.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pspvnc.jpg

Again, thanks for your support in this zX, and for providing us mere mortals with such great free programs. Am I allowed to ask if I can donate to U, had a look at your blog, and couldn't see anything, but hell, you deserve it!!

I just hope these long posts help someone else who might be struggling with this.

Now to eBay......

:thumbup: HAPPYSOUL!!!

zx-81
November 10th, 2008, 08:49
glad to see you finally succeed to configure that stuff :) ... Btw my contribution to this apps is minor, all credits should remain to NHD from TeamXos and PalmOS VNC client authors.

poorsoul
November 10th, 2008, 09:06
Well, had a look at TeamXos's website couldn't find anything but I've going to register with PalmVNC, for 10 euros it's well worth it.

I also just found your Paypal donate (don't know why I didn't see it last time), so Ill donate when I get up home.

Again, many thanks.

PacMan44
December 3rd, 2008, 02:18
Hi zx. Does this work with 5.00 m33-3? I put it in my game folder and it comes up as corrupt data. Thanks, sorry if its a stupid question.

zx-81
December 3rd, 2008, 07:33
yes it should work properly with 5.0-m33 but you'd better put the fw3x version in game5XX folder (instead of game folder)

Dutt
January 4th, 2009, 14:20
yes it works fine with 5.0M33-4..
I think this app needs an update zx-81 very handy but i think if u made it keep the mouse curser in the middle of the psp screen would b good.. and a option to make the hole pc screen fit the psp screen or so we can like zoom in and out would b cool..

thanks Dutt...

AlexLaban
February 16th, 2009, 22:55
Hi, I'm running 3.52 m33-4 and tried this app but whenever I try to connect to my network it goes to the "WiFi Connect" screen the light flashes one or two times then it kicks me back to the "Network Connections" screen, the connection works fine in the xmb. I've tried change the ssid of the network, password, protection type and pretty much everything I can think of. My router is a D-link dir-655.

lolkolkid
February 17th, 2009, 18:57
ive tried them all but it all says the data is corrupt

i have a 5.03 update on my psp, its fat, and ive tried just that complete extracted file then tried to get the 4 files on the inside of the folder too but no matter what i do its always corrupt

jimbob60
May 11th, 2009, 23:02
well this is an older thred but ive searched google for awhile now trying to get the to work here my specs:
psp phat :5.00 m33-6
ive fworded ports 5800/5900
let my firewall pass them(check to see of they wer open and they wer and r)
im using a computer thats connected wireless
installed realvnc and tightvnc
tryed both no luck
im using the 1.5 vr of pspvnc
the program connects to my wireless router
make new host ip my computers ip on port 5800(witch i have set to default)
it stays at connecting for awhile(well now im getting a diffrent error but still the same i guess error:cannot initialize)
idk what im dooing wrong eney help would be nice and if you all need eney more info needed just let me kno :)