PDA

View Full Version : Rebooter

wraggster
May 2nd, 2008, 18:24
Squidman (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps/Rebooter) has released rebooter for the Nintendo Wii which does exactly what it says on the tin :)

This utility simply provides you with a simple list of stuff to do. Hit Z to return to loader, or R to reboot.

I made this program because I was tired of having to walk up to my Wii and hold the power button for about 5 seconds for it to turn off, so I decided this would be better :) I am providing the code here because I really want to see this in every app available so we don't have to use this ugly thing ;)

void Reboot()
{
// Thanks to hell_hibou
int fd = IOS_Open("/dev/stm/immediate", 0);
IOS_Ioctl(fd, 0x2001, NULL, 0, NULL, 0);
IOS_Close(fd);

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

PeyeRate420
May 2nd, 2008, 18:38
Wii Homebrew Loader Version 3 has this feature BUILT IN press the START button while in the menu? does this actually bring you BACK to the GUI of WHL when say im playing asteroids,wiipaint,RIN something that does not normally return?

thanks for clearing things up in advanced will test this now ;) and report back...

seems like the same as the reboot.elf in mag loader no? attached the mag reset elf for anyone curious ;) btw how does this co-inside with another loader?

ALSO:
there is NO READ ME FILE INCLUDED?

linkinworm
May 2nd, 2008, 18:41
it actualy reboots the wii its self not reload the ELF loader or what ever, this isnt really that usefull for people unless you code, the elf is just showing what it does basicaly

PeyeRate420
May 2nd, 2008, 18:53
like i said the new whl wii homebrew loader vs3 gives that option bro ;)

press start it asks if you want to:

Return to loader
Return too WII MENU (WITCH IS REBOOT.ELF btw)
Restart loader
Shutdown WII

ill attach the MARIO THEME and new version of WHL by hell_hibou :P

IN ADDITION there is a ENGLISH LANG file you can add to make ALL text in english too i will attach that as well

HOW TO INSTALL LANG FILE:
Drag and drop the SYSTEM folder into your root after installing the new WHL v3 also attached and poof its in english

as a bonus i have included a previousley never released STARS THEME for WHL

to see a video watch this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSGgoo2V7-g

(note i HAVE HAD A WII RESET PROGRAM in some of my vids from 2 weeks ago you will see that same wii reset program by MAG loader.check my vids upload dates if you want.)

BTW i have chatted with the creater Hell_Hibou on MSN before thats how i knew this :P but anyways...

i will attach the files for theming,eng lang and the newest version of the WHL elf loader :P

PPS:
mario theme is thanks to WIIGEN btw ;)

linkinworm
May 2nd, 2008, 18:58
like i said the new whl wii homebrew loader vs3 gives that option bro ;)

press start it asks if you want to:

Return to loader
Return too WII MENU
Restart loader
Shutdown WII

ill attach the MARIO THEMED version of the new one..

anyway have you installed this i mean where do the files go? because JUST a reset.elf is fairley worthless and i have had that since release of the original mag loader...i would have to imagine it does more than that? but there is not a READ ME file included :(

yea all this rebooter does is reset your wii, that was just a demo, you need to know how to code to get the most out of this,the released reboot.elf cant really be used for anything. he only released it because most of the homebrew outthere doesnt have a rebooter, like other emulators n stuff, i made the RIN emulator with a reboot option now. because that didnt have one

PeyeRate420
May 2nd, 2008, 19:27
could you attach that wii rin emu bro? id love to have that if your willing to share it :) also thanks for clearing things up bro! i just added one of my themes to the post above..

hell hibou is on MSN around 1AM eastern time and he is a gr8 guy i made sure to thank him personally and in his own tongue as well :P for his work! love the whl and now i see what you mean by how usefull the code is! i was just thinking ISNT the WHL open source anyway? and seems this is from its code ;) idunno! lol im just excited to see things moving foward so quickly!

thanks in advanced if you decide to share your rin elf with us man :) and thanx again for clearing things up :)

tehnoir
May 2nd, 2008, 20:08
I look forward to seeing this implemented in the few ELFs that still don't have it (at least it's only a few of the ones I use). I think for the more experienced coders who have released multiple projects, it's not so much that they didn't know how to do it, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

Hopefully this will help out new coders though so they can have it built-in from the start, rather than having to implement it into a later release.

linkinworm
May 2nd, 2008, 21:19
could you attach that wii rin emu bro? id love to have that if your willing to share it :) also thanks for clearing things up bro! i just added one of my themes to the post above..

hell hibou is on MSN around 1AM eastern time and he is a gr8 guy i made sure to thank him personally and in his own tongue as well :P for his work! love the whl and now i see what you mean by how usefull the code is! i was just thinking ISNT the WHL open source anyway? and seems this is from its code ;) idunno! lol im just excited to see things moving foward so quickly!

thanks in advanced if you decide to share your rin elf with us man :) and thanx again for clearing things up :)

yea there here
this is the channel theres a better readme on my youtube page youtube.com/linkinworm
this doesnt have the reboot option yet, im going to do that now

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7a428f/

and this is the version i have done with the reboot option,

http://www.filefactory.com/file/fa5a51/

PLEASE NOTE i didnt actualy make the emulator, and the reboot code goes to squidman. i dont wana to take credit for that

PeyeRate420
May 2nd, 2008, 21:45
hey thanks alot bro i'll subscribe to your youtube now! and again thanks alot :)

off topic i love the karas video you should do basilisk where genosuske uses his mind ninpou and makes the iga cut there own heads off! gr8 AMV linkinworm :P

ATTACHED is a new release i found at TEHSKEEN's website this is a NES original emu with wiimote and NUN CHUCK! supported! woooot!