PDA

View Full Version : Original MGS revival in MGS4?

Shrygue
May 2nd, 2008, 19:07
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188234)

A new MGS 4 trailer hints at the revival of scenes from the original Metal Gear Solid game in this summer's PS3 blockbuster.

The trailer starts off like with retrospective footage of the original PS1 game, as Snake sneaks into the front of the Shadow Moses facility, before moving onto clips from the 2003 GameCube remake, and the Shadow Moses level in the recent Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii.

Then, it asks: "This year, MGS revived?" followed by Snake working his way through what appears to be an updated Shadow Moses scene.

This seemingly playable scene turns out to be a dream, as the trailer then flashes back to modern-day older Snake, who snaps out of a trance.

So will you be able to play the original game, or scenes from it at least, in MGS 4?

"All will be revealed in coming weeks," a Konami spokesperson told CVG, keeping it all shrouded in mystery.

Check out the footage for yourself here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33452.html).

IamAbe
May 2nd, 2008, 23:02
cant wait, reserved my copy yesterday :D

VexnadFett
May 2nd, 2008, 23:56
i hope it's just a flashback in mgs4 because i would not want to buy mgs1 again haha

also i love that effect from old polygon count of snake to new snake. that was badass

F9zDark
May 3rd, 2008, 01:09
i hope it's just a flashback in mgs4 because i would not want to buy mgs1 again haha

also i love that effect from old polygon count of snake to new snake. that was badass

Actually, that wholly depends on what MGS1 is like in this "revival".

If its a total remake with MGS4 graphics, then **** yeah I'd be willing to shell out even an extra 60 bucks for that.

If its just a "port" of MGS1 on the MGS4 blu-ray then I think I'd pass.

Added:

After having just watched the video, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Kojima went to those lengths to bring back MGS.

jdnation
May 3rd, 2008, 03:37
It's an awesome idea! Remember that playable dream sequence in MGS3? I hope to see a lot of those, intentional or hidden of scenes recalling fragmented memories and moments from all MG games!

F9zDark
May 4th, 2008, 07:15
It's an awesome idea! Remember that playable dream sequence in MGS3? I hope to see a lot of those, intentional or hidden of scenes recalling fragmented memories and moments from all MG games!

Such would be really cool. But I am willing to bet Kojima took this a step further; I hadn't even realized it was the 10th Anniversary for the MGS series of games until I saw that video; and throwing MGS1 on there as an unlockable game would certainly explain where 50gbs of blu-ray went (although, considering Kojima, its well within the realm of possibility that MGS4 does consume 50gbs of space.)

Time will tell though.

JKKDARK
May 4th, 2008, 14:35
I don't think they will add MGS1 there. Just only scenes.