PDA

View Full Version : Savegame Extractor v1.0

wraggster
May 2nd, 2008, 21:52
News/release from Waninkoko

This application allows you to copy a savegame from
your Wii to a SD card (even those savegames that
you can not copy through the system menu).

+-------------+
| HOW TO USE: |
+-------------+

1. Execute this application.
2. Insert the game DVD and press RESET or A button
(Wiimote not supported).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Harshboy
May 2nd, 2008, 23:24
Anyone want to extract a completed Smash Bros. Brawl Save? I'm having trouble getting the last few characters.

Btw, NTSC-U Version ;)

iofthestorm
May 3rd, 2008, 04:50
Darn, I was hoping this was something that could decode save files and splice in other files. It would be nice if there was a way to add the Twilight Hack save file to an existing file, but I guess once the Homebrew Channel works well we won't need to use TH anyway.

Sult4n
May 3rd, 2008, 12:34
hm doesnt work for me, i get a green screen and flickering when start the extractor and nothing is on my SD Card afterwards.

marios_shadow
May 3rd, 2008, 12:57
hm doesnt work for me, i get a green screen and flickering when start the extractor and nothing is on my SD Card afterwards.
Same here...

linkinworm
May 3rd, 2008, 14:09
Darn, I was hoping this was something that could decode save files and splice in other files. It would be nice if there was a way to add the Twilight Hack save file to an existing file, but I guess once the Homebrew Channel works well we won't need to use TH anyway.
it sint going to work like that the TP hack only works because off a buffer overflow(i think thats what it is) by nameing epona to a really long name that the game doesnt like. basicaly

Gideon007
May 3rd, 2008, 16:42
cool, I was waiting for this! (for Guitar Hero)

kero9x
May 4th, 2008, 20:41
Where exactly on the SD card should I put the .ELF file? I know that the Wii only looks inside private/wii/title for save data, so I figure there might be a specific place to put the .ELF file, too.

tehnoir
May 4th, 2008, 21:06
it sint going to work like that the TP hack only works because off a buffer overflow(i think thats what it is) by nameing epona to a really long name that the game doesnt like. basicaly

I had actually wondered about this before and bushing said that it's possible and anybody could do it.

While the hacked save game employs a long name for the horse that triggers the overflow, the name they have coded in is independent of other saves you might make. Just as if you were to name your character "Link" in one game and you could start a new game and name him "LOL", these names will not interfere with each other, the horse's name will only effect the save that contains it.

marios_shadow
May 5th, 2008, 10:44
Is this working at all for anyone?